#1 FutureMrsVanthof

FutureMrsVanthof
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Larimar, Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
  • LocationNova Scotia

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

Hi!
I am having a hard time deciding what colors to have my groom and his men to wear. My dress is a ivory with gold/champagne beading and my girls are wearing coral. I think I want them to wear beige pants and a white top but I'm worried the white tops are just too plain... I would love to see some pics of other brides and what their guys wore with a similar gown! I'll try to attach pictures but my dress is Quincy by Maggie sottero and the girls are wearing from David's bridal Short Crinkle Chiffon Dress with Front Cascade in coral reef.
Any suggestions is appreciated :)

Attached Files

#2 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 23 August 2015 - 05:33 PM

My vote would be for grey for the guys. With coral it would really look good. Or you could also do navy with the coral. Both wold look great. Would you consider having them add a vest that would change the plain? You could still do the white shirts but the vest would break it up a bit. Just a thought.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#3 malyna

malyna
  • 346 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Excellence Playa Mujeres

Posted 24 August 2015 - 07:11 AM

Yes, my hubs will most likely be wearing a vest! What about a handkerchief? Bow tie and suspenders?

#4 MrsCtoB

MrsCtoB
  • 286 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 14, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Valentin Imperial Maya
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:02 AM

All great suggestions so far! Linen and white are great options and you could always add a vest as mentioned above. Don't forget that a tie, bout, suspenders, vest can all add some color and break up the white too! I like the gray or navy blue suggestion also...depending on the other colors you might use in your theme, I think they both could compliment nicely.

We did linen pants and vests for our groomsmen with white dress shirt and a blush tie. Hubs wore the same but we added the jacket. The girls were in a bright pink/red color (pomegrante from Alfred Angelo). The beading on my dress was more silvery than yours but I liked how it all came together. 

Hope that helps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users