Valentin Imperial Maya Brides!

There are some outdated threads on the site for VIM brides but nothing recent! I know the resort hosts weddings daily so I figured it was time for an updated thread for all the potential brides-to-be! I was married at VIM recently (March 2015) and am happy to answer any questions, as I am sure my fellow Mrs. are also. Hope this helps. Good luck and congrats!

Edited by MrsCtoB
  • Like 2

Hey! You know we aren't doing our ceremony at VIM but we're booked there! We're having an "arrival get together" dinner and would love to know which restaurant you recommend? It would be for 6 people so not a big group.

Also, I'm still having photos done on the resort and paying the fee (at least that's the plan). Where would you recommend for "before" pics and also anywhere for a "first look"?

Did you travel into Playa del Carmen? If so, how long did it take and what was the cost? They want $105 p/p for Styling Trio to come on resort so i was planning on going to their studio instead but with the cab fare I'm wondering if it's not just better to suck it up on the fee? Especially since I have both a trial and the renewal day. Did you do any outside vendors? What was the fee?

What building locations would you recommend? We're in a Silver partial oceanview and trying to get upgraded to a Golden suite but a king bed is a MUST! I'm ok to walk short distances - are all the buildings relatively close to everything?

Sorry - don't mean to ask a million questions! Any info would be gold! Thanks!!

• Like 1

Hey! You know we aren't doign our ceremony at VIM but we're booked there! We're having an "arrival get together" dinner and would love to know which restaurant you recommend? It would be for 6 people so not a big group.

Also, I'm still having photos done on the resort and paying the fee (at least that's the plan). Where would you recommend for "before" pics and also anywhere for a "first look"?

Did you travel into Playa del Carmen? If so, how long did it take and what was the cost? They want $105 p/p for Styling Trio to come on resort so i was planning on going to their studio instead but with the cab fare I'm wondering if it's not just better to suck it up on the fee? Especially since I have both a trial and the renewal day. Did you do any outside vendors? What was the fee?

What building locations would you recommend? We're in a Silver partial oceanview and trying to get upgraded to a Golden suite but a king bed is a MUST! I'm ok to walk short distances - are all the buildings relatively close to everything?

Sorry - don't mean to ask a million questions! Any info would be gold! Thanks!!

@@acw271011 No worries...ask away! I have received private messages from a few different people asking about the resort so I figured why not make a thread!!

For your arrival dinner, you really can't go wrong. All of the restaurants are wonderful and being a group of 6, you won't have any issue getting seated. If your looking to get dressed up and "fancy", the french restaurant is beautiful and the food is outstanding. The Hacienda (Mexican) is more relaxed but very fun. Ginger (Japanese) has a few different options that could work. They seat right at the sushi bar if that is your thing. They have customary tables and can order off the menu or the sushi bar menu there. They also have hibachi style seating. For the hibachi, you do have to make a reservation though. The hibachi is more of a fun thing...although the food was good, I preferred the regular menu or the sushi. Mar y Tierra is by the beach and also a great choice. As you can tell, I am a huge fan of the food so again, there really isn't a bad choice. We had a large group so we scheduled a short get together in the plaza (open air, centrally located) and everyone had dinner following. It will be great with a small group! 

The resort is very lush and has some great architecture! There are many spots that would be perfect for photos! There is a large fountain near the lobby that is gorgeous. I am partial to the beach of course but there are also several paths and walkways near the beach that are picturesque. The gazebo is a favorite too! I had my cocktail hour there. When you arrive, I think your head will be buzzing with different locations for photos! They have a really pretty walk way that connects to the heart of the resort...I think they call it a coffee bridge? Maybe? If I did a first look, I would do it there! It's gorgeous.

I did not travel into PDC but a few of our guests did. The resort does offer some transportation that they used and I know it was very reasonable but they did the whole shopping/eating thing. Since you would be going right to your location and back, I assume that wouldn't work. I do know that a cab there is $40 USD and takes about 20 minutes. Thankfully, I didn't have any outside vendor fees. I either used their vendor or sourced it myself. Depending on the type of vendor, it can get costly.

For buildings, I have only stayed in a Golden Jr. My guests stayed in Silver Suites to guarantee the King Bed and two people shared a Deluxe. For Silvers, I really liked Building 2 where my guests stayed. They were close to main pool and heart of the resort, but a short walking distance from my room. For Golden's, my favorite is Building 7. Buildings 6, 7, and 8 are the Goldens, 7 being the middle one. They have their own "lazy river" type pool out front of the buildings. To be honest, this is where my husband and I have spent the most time, collectively, on all of our trips. It's perfect! There is a snack bar between Buildings 6 and 7 and a bar between 7 and 8. They do come around and take drink and snack orders also. You do not have to be staying in the Golden Suites to enjoy the pool/bar/food. The Golden's are further from the restaurants than the Silver's, but are closer to the beach and the buffet there.  We enjoy the walk back to the room after dinner or drinks/dancing. To be honest, that is one of the things we love most about VIM. You aren't on top of other guests. We have been to resorts where the food, rooms, pools, and beach and are very close to one another; that's not for us. We like how it feels like your own little world. I would say the farthest rooms from the heart of the resort (Emeralds) are about a 5 minute walk. Maybe. I'm overestimating. They do offer golf cart rides to wherever you want to go so if there is a time when you don't feel like walking, a simple phone call is all you need. 

I have some pictures and a map of the resort if you want to take a peek at it! 

• Like 1

@@acw271011 No worries...ask away! I have received private messages from a few different people asking about the resort so I figured why not make a thread!!

For your arrival dinner, you really can't go wrong. All of the restaurants are wonderful and being a group of 6, you won't have any issue getting seated. If your looking to get dressed up and "fancy", the french restaurant is beautiful and the food is outstanding. The Hacienda (Mexican) is more relaxed but very fun. Ginger (Japanese) has a few different options that could work. They seat right at the sushi bar if that is your thing. They have customary tables and can order off the menu or the sushi bar menu there. They also have hibachi style seating. For the hibachi, you do have to make a reservation though. The hibachi is more of a fun thing...although the food was good, I preferred the regular menu or the sushi. Mar y Tierra is by the beach and also a great choice. As you can tell, I am a huge fan of the food so again, there really isn't a bad choice. We had a large group so we scheduled a short get together in the plaza (open air, centrally located) and everyone had dinner following. It will be great with a small group! 

The resort is very lush and has some great architecture! There are many spots that would be perfect for photos! There is a large fountain near the lobby that is gorgeous. I am partial to the beach of course but there are also several paths and walkways near the beach that are picturesque. The gazebo is a favorite too! I had my cocktail hour there. When you arrive, I think your head will be buzzing with different locations for photos! They have a really pretty walk way that connects to the heart of the resort...I think they call it a coffee bridge? Maybe? If I did a first look, I would do it there! It's gorgeous.

I did not travel into PDC but a few of our guests did. The resort does offer some transportation that they used and I know it was very reasonable but they did the whole shopping/eating thing. Since you would be going right to your location and back, I assume that wouldn't work. I do know that a cab there is $40 USD and takes about 20 minutes. Thankfully, I didn't have any outside vendor fees. I either used their vendor or sourced it myself. Depending on the type of vendor, it can get costly.

For buildings, I have only stayed in a Golden Jr. My guests stayed in Silver Suites to guarantee the King Bed and two people shared a Deluxe. For Silvers, I really liked Building 2 where my guests stayed. They were close to main pool and heart of the resort, but a short walking distance from my room. For Golden's, my favorite is Building 7. Buildings 6, 7, and 8 are the Goldens, 7 being the middle one. They have their own "lazy river" type pool out front of the buildings. To be honest, this is where my husband and I have spent the most time, collectively, on all of our trips. It's perfect! There is a snack bar between Buildings 6 and 7 and a bar between 7 and 8. They do come around and take drink and snack orders also. You do not have to be staying in the Golden Suites to enjoy the pool/bar/food. The Golden's are further from the restaurants than the Silver's, but are closer to the beach and the buffet there.  We enjoy the walk back to the room after dinner or drinks/dancing. To be honest, that is one of the things we love most about VIM. You aren't on top of other guests. We have been to resorts where the food, rooms, pools, and beach and are very close to one another; that's not for us. We like how it feels like your own little world. I would say the farthest rooms from the heart of the resort (Emeralds) are about a 5 minute walk. Maybe. I'm overestimating. They do offer golf cart rides to wherever you want to go so if there is a time when you don't feel like walking, a simple phone call is all you need. 

I have some pictures and a map of the resort if you want to take a peek at it! 

Definitely! Please if you have pics I would love to see! A map would be great! Tammy published the name here of a site that you can get resort maps from I think for just about any resort but I don't remember what the site is.

So I went rummaging through my photo files ( I have a LOT of VIM photos)  :D I'll attach a few that I found that might be helpful. I didn't find a photo of all of the locations that you mentioned yet but I will keep looking. @@acw271011

Map

I had a better map but it wouldn't allow me to upload it unfortunately. Hope this one helps.

front fountains

This is outside of the main lobby area. Behind me would be the large fountains. I know I have a photo of them somewhere, but they are beautiful! 

plaza

Plaza. Great place to meet with friends. Drinks and entertainment here nightly.

Fountain that surrounds the coffee bridge.

cofeebridge

This is what I think they call the "coffee bridge". This photo doesn't do it justice fully but this is what I had. It is surrounded by fountains.

chapel

The chapel. Also surrounded by fountains. 

I'll keep searching but here are a few for now.
Edited by MrsCtoB
  • Like 1

So I went rummaging through my photo files ( I have a LOT of VIM photos)  :D I'll attach a few that I found that might be helpful. I didn't find a photo of all of the locations that you mentioned yet but I will keep looking. @@acw271011

I had a better map but it wouldn't allow me to upload it unfortunately. Hope this one helps.

This is outside of the main lobby area. Behind me would be the large fountains. I know I have a photo of them somewhere, but they are beautiful! 

Plaza. Great place to meet with friends. Drinks and entertainment here nightly.

Fountain that surrounds the coffee bridge.

This is what I think they call the "coffee bridge". This photo doesn't do it justice fully but this is what I had. It is surrounded by fountains.

The chapel. Also surrounded by fountains. 

I'll keep searching but here are a few for now.

Oh these are awesome! I found a couple from someone on the facebook page for VIM and wow! That's the only word that comes to mind. I'm SO anxious to see this place! It looks absolutely beautiful!

Question - did you spend a lot of time at the private pool, or did you spend time at the "party pool"?  I'm still hoping our travel agent gets us an upgrade to a Golden Suite because I think for pictures it would great, but we're in a Silver for now.

I'm still trying to decide on a "first look" and can't make up my mind. If I find a really nice spot I might go ahead with it. I can send you an email address if you want to send the other map but it's entirely up to you. Don't want you to go to any trouble.

Oh these are awesome! I found a couple from someone on the facebook page for VIM and wow! That's the only word that comes to mind. I'm SO anxious to see this place! It looks absolutely beautiful!

Question - did you spend a lot of time at the private pool, or did you spend time at the "party pool"?  I'm still hoping our travel agent gets us an upgrade to a Golden Suite because I think for pictures it would great, but we're in a Silver for now.

I'm still trying to decide on a "first look" and can't make up my mind. If I find a really nice spot I might go ahead with it. I can send you an email address if you want to send the other map but it's entirely up to you. Don't want you to go to any trouble.

It really is! @@acw271011

I would say yes, we have spent most of our time at the Golden pool. On previous trips, we have really been looking to relax and the Golden pool is perfect for that. The party pool does have a quiet side also. We used the party pool more during our most recent stay, the wedding stay, because we were a louder group (there were 32 of us). I think they both serve a purpose and it's easy enough to switch locations if you aren't feeling the vibe. 

Silvers are great rooms also. You really can't go wrong either way.

Sure, send over your email address. The other map is a little clearer and has some better markings as to what buildings are what.

My husband, myself, my sister, and my brother in law will be arriving at VIM 2 months from today! Can't wait!!!

Edited by MrsCtoB
  • Like 1