Sign in to follow this  
JonathanB

Romantic Place To Propose

Hi! Need a small advice here. I’m going to propose my girl after 3.5 years long relationship! For past 8 months it’s been a long distance relationship and she is coming to visit me this October for a week. We have a lot of plans and the best part is she’s not expecting me to propose and I can imagine how happy and excited she will be once I propose her. I  got her a pretty antique engagement ring from Vancouver. I am deciding between 3 places, top of the CN Tower maybe in the skydome, somewhere in the royal gardens, or niagara falls. Thing is, I’ve never been there before so if anyone has and can shed some ideas on where would be perfect.

Help please!

• Like 1

Oh that's so sweet! The places you're thinking about are all wonderful but do you want somewhere private? Those places at this time of the year will all have a lot of people around. There are beautiful gardens in a lot of places but everywhere I think of will have other people. Could you go away for a night maybe? Somewhere that it can be just the two of you?

@@JonathanB That's so exciting!! Congrats on the upcoming proposal! So it sounds like you'll be here in Toronto in October correct? (based on the CN tower and skydive mention)

I agree with @@acw271011 that those are great places but not the most private for a proposal if you're going for that. If you do want a little more public setting than those are big iconic sites in the city for sure. 

If you like the CN tower for the view you could book a reservation for dinner at the 360 restaurant (the rotating one that gives you a view of the entire city) or for something similar you could take her to The One Eighty (top of the Manulife centre at bay and floor) which also has AMAZING views and a rooftop balcony that you can have a gorgeous romantic moment.

If you are willing to travel outside of the city - along the lines of Niagara Falls which you mentioned, you may want to consider Niagara on the Lake. It can be a bit pricey that time of year but will be absolutely beautiful in the fall. It's my favourite time to visit. They have some really amazing b&b's, great restaurant and many many wine tours available (if you're into that). 

I also love the Distillery District - the cobblestone, the lights, it's very charming...I really love walking around that area. 

Is she from Toronto - is there a place that has special significance to her? That would also be very special. 

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 1

@@JonathanB obviously I don't know you or your bride, but my advice would definitely be to make sure proposing somewhere public is a good match with what she would want. My husband proposed at home (still a complete surprise) and I was so, so glad he did. It is a very surreal and special moment and I just wanted time to stand still to enjoy each other and appreciate the moment. I wanted to remember every second, every word he said, every detail of our surroundings. He did, however, have my friends and family waiting for us at a bar to party afterward which was so perfect! We got the private moment AND the celebration.

I'm sure you know your gal, but just wanted to throw it out there.

CONGRATULATIONS!