Photo

Jamaica Weddings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Devinprice

Devinprice
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:14 PM

Hello, I'm new to the group. My fiancé and I are planning a destination wedding, newly engaged :) I wanted to know if there are any stellar resorts/all-inclusive that anyone can recommend? We are planning to look at Sandals Royal Carribbean, Secrets Wild Orchid, and RIU.

#2 Chris126

Chris126
    • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 07:19 PM

Secrets is absolutely beautiful. We went 2 years ago for vacation . I can't imagine a wedding here being anything less than perfect!! Best of luck to u!congrats!Attached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439090183.616280.jpg   303.89KB   8 downloadsAttached File  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439090249.815878.jpg   303.89KB   8 downloads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 acw271011

acw271011
      • Moderators
      • 3,128 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:12 AM

Congrats and welcome! You're definitely looking at 3 beautiful resorts! I'm not sure about the Sandals but there are definitely threads here for the other two. If you do a search up top you'll get multiple threads. I know we had one bride that recently got married at one of the RIU resorts in Jamaica so I know if you do a search the conversations will come up for you to read.

Would also recommend a good travel agent. They're the experts on possible perks you might be entitled to with your group and they'll also assist with what's available depending on the size of your group. They'll free you up too to handle your wedding planning so that your guests can deal directly with the agent for questions and booking.

If you're in the US the owners of this site are DW experts and can be reached through the link on this site.

Good luck!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,074 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:07 AM

Welcome to the forum, Devinprice and Congrats on your upcoming Jamaican wedding!!! you've come to a great place for lots of ideas, info, advice + support from everyone here, so well done on an excellent start :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

.....here are some magical beach wedding moments that matter captured in our magnificent Mayan Riviera for further inspiration....from our Cover Photos Album:

10466993_10152470886239487_2370077874343

10428182_10152562437969487_9621170433792

1403737_10151972431249487_140646511_o.jp

.....or these from the RUI Yucatan Playacar Wedding Album:

11270681_10153360213654487_6883145239513

11270656_10153360215024487_3453967084088

Edited by Moments That Matter, 09 August 2015 - 09:11 AM.

MTM%20Logo%202016_zps4tzm05my.png

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#5 JamaicaNicole

JamaicaNicole
        • 91 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 4, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica (Secrets)
        • LocationPA

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

Congratulations I went to Secrets a few years ago fell in love with it and am getting married there July 2016! I highly recommend there it is a beautiful resort!

#6 beckys98

beckys98
        • 543 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 10 August 2015 - 09:58 AM

Congrats! It isn't on your list but I got married at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites 2 months ago and it was fantastic. We needed a resort that was family-friendly and it fit what we wanted for our wedding and also what worked for our guests and their budgets. Originally we did not want to be in Montego Bay but the proximity to the airport was really nice for our guests who were staying 4 nights - they didn't waste a bunch of time on travel. If you have specific questions about IRHS I'm happy to answer!

Hello, I'm new to the group. My fiancé and I are planning a destination wedding, newly engaged :) I wanted to know if there are any stellar resorts/all-inclusive that anyone can recommend? We are planning to look at Sandals Royal Carribbean, Secrets Wild Orchid, and RIU.

#7 Moni240

Moni240
        • 21 posts
        • Wedding Date:August 6, 2016
        • Wedding Location:Montego Bay, Jamaica
        • LocationChicago

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

Congrats! It isn't on your list but I got married at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites 2 months ago and it was fantastic. We needed a resort that was family-friendly and it fit what we wanted for our wedding and also what worked for our guests and their budgets. Originally we did not want to be in Montego Bay but the proximity to the airport was really nice for our guests who were staying 4 nights - they didn't waste a bunch of time on travel. If you have specific questions about IRHS I'm happy to answer!

Congrats! This forum is so helpful in trying to get started plannin (and knowing there are others out there doing the same thing).

Hi beckys98. I just returned from Jamaica and am newly engaged. We have set our date for our wedding and reception at Iberostar Suites. I wondered if you used a travel agent and if so, you would mind sharing their information with me. We met with Nicole while we were there and she said we must use a travel agent in order for guests to book their rooms but I am in the dark when it comes to vendors.

#8 beckys98

beckys98
        • 543 posts
        • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
        • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 26 August 2015 - 10:45 AM

That's awesome! Congrats! We did use a travel agent. Her name is Megan Collins with TravelZap in Chicago. megan@travelzap.com, 312-489-8280. We had a really great, easy experience with her and our guests really liked working with her as well! She had the price match guarantee so if anyone found a better price than our group rate she could have *at least* matched it, if not beat it. I checked occasionally and never saw a better rate anywhere for our dates.

It is definitely nice to have your guests booking through the travel agent. Anytime someone started to ask me questions about travel I sent them directly to Megan and she handled it for me!

Congrats! This forum is so helpful in trying to get started plannin (and knowing there are others out there doing the same thing).

Hi beckys98. I just returned from Jamaica and am newly engaged. We have set our date for our wedding and reception at Iberostar Suites. I wondered if you used a travel agent and if so, you would mind sharing their information with me. We met with Nicole while we were there and she said we must use a travel agent in order for guests to book their rooms but I am in the dark when it comes to vendors.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users