Newbie Intro - Melia Caribe Tropical - Punta Cana, Dr, Summer 2016

vfosho

Hi Everyone,

This is my first time on a forum site so please bare with me! I have just finished my confirmation for my beach destination wedding at Melia Caribe Tropical in Punta Cana, DR for May 28th 2016. I am just starting, as I have just booked my room, paid the deposit, chosen the beach gazebo and Tropical Convention Center for the wedding/reception at 5pm. I have chosen the Fairy Tale Tropical package and am expecting arounf 40 guests.

There are a few things I am still very curious on, like decor thats used there, flowers, name tags, DJ for the reception (costs associated with all these)? Photographer? Make up and hair (they have a salon there but...if anyone has used them or has any feedback on their services that would be greatly appreciated.

What kind of items do I need to be brining there as far as the ceremony and reception?

Just finding a place with the available date has been so much work in itself, and just like everyone else my time is limited as I go to work FT and am pursuing the Masters in the evening with school. Talk about a stress diet that will keep my thin for the wedding :P .

I am going to try and continue to stay as active and invloved on this site!!

Conrats to everyone who is planning their special day as well!

@@vfosho congrats on your engagement and welcome to the fun part of wedding planning. I agree finding the resort and the dates and the right price is the hardest and most frustrating part. Now you get to do the fun stuff. 

Have you checked out @@kcole123 's planning thread? I believe she was married at the same resort. 

Happy planning!!

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 1

@@vfosho Welcome to the forum girl. Oh the fun you will have.

I got married at that resort just this April past. The resort was gorgeous. Have you ever been there. You won't be sorry. I had an awesome time on that resort and ALL my guests loved our choice.

I didn't have my reception there so I wouldn't be able to help you out there but any questions you have feel free. Eeeeeek so exciting. What have you done so far?

• Like 1

Hey Ladies!

So sweet you guys had time to get on here and respond! I know, @@kcole123! I searched weddings at this resort and your thread popped up and now I feel like I have access to this secret wedding club! lol!

I havent done much though, just getting the place down and date, but after reading y'alls threads I feel like I really need to make a checklist on the extras...i didnt realize there are so many extras!!

@@kcole123 did you end up using the beach gazebo? I saw someone who had posted about Melia stated they felt rushed after the ceremony at the gazebo and that the staff was pushing them to move on. Did you expereince any of this!?

What did you end up doing for your reception?! I saw one user on your thread mention the private boat reception...was that something you looked into/did?!

I have never been to Punta Cana period, but the pictures had me al..... :wub:  !! Did you end up reserving rooms through the hotel or TA for your guests? I got a quote from the hotel and it just substantially higher than what I see on expedia, travelocity, etc. So I am at a crossroad already on how to go about rooms and guests!

Once again I greatly appreciate y'alls feedback and responses!

Welcome to our forum community and your upcoming DR wedding, vfosho!!! as you can see already, you'll find lots of great info, advice and support from everyone here, so well done on a great start already :)

Wishing you happy reserach, and all the very best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

....for some added inspiration, here are a few magical beach wedding moments that matter to ramp up your creativitiy even more.......enjoy!

....from our Cover Photo Album:

11700881_10153435265859487_8330476870717

11427375_10153408854794487_4566310682341

10535668_10153339199499487_2051666274939

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...