• VIP Member
  • 10,366 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:14 AM

it is really beautiful!

#12 Carolena7

• 785 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Beautiful ring.....I love it!!!
      Btw...I just seen that you are from central Illinois....about where are you located if you don't mind...I live near Joliet.

#13 Leia78

• VIP Member
      • 2,459 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

Beautiful ring! Take it back and get it fixed ASAP. Don't let that big, sparkly rock fall out!

#14 Saraha

• 2,597 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

Your ring is GORGEOUS!!! I love it. The same thing happened to my sister, just go back to where you bought it and they should fix it free of charge.

#15 edna

• Site Supporter
          • 1,360 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:00 PM

Is s gorgeous ring!!!

#16 jamisoncollette

• 1,257 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 06:36 PM

It's beautiful and no it is absolutely not supposed to move within the setting. Ask the jeweler to check the integrity of the prongs just in case they were weakened becuase a just set stone should be snug as a bug.

#17 BillysBride

• 1,255 posts

Posted 11 November 2007 - 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carolena7
                Beautiful ring.....I love it!!!
                Btw...I just seen that you are from central Illinois....about where are you located if you don't mind...I live near Joliet.
                Carolena, we're in Springfield...just a couple hours south of ya. I love it when I meet ladies from around these parts!

Thanks for all the ring compliments....dontcha just LOVE all the sparkling going on around here??!

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
                http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#18 geology_rocks

• 215 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

Take it back to the jeweller ASAP! And they should be fixing for free.

We had my ring custom made. We picked it up and it sat in the drawer for a month or so cause it wasn't officially mine yet. Well, we're about to go on vacation where there was a good chance of the ring officially becoming mine if you know what i mean, so I took it out to check it out! Well, the darn thing looked all spotty and since gold shouldn't tarnish, i brought it back and made quite a stink. Apparently they "forgot" to rhodium plate it AND the head was set crooked. They claimed it was only "a few percent off" but I could see it and I wanted it perfect. They said it would do more damage to fix it than to leave it as is so we said not to worry about it now since we were going away in a week. So, we pick it up a week later and the jeweller dumps a ring out of an envelope and hands it to me - "Um, that's not mine!" and he laughs. I told him I wasn't laughing. Anyway, about an hour later, we get MY ring and it goes into the finace's carryon baggage and out of my control. Anyway, he proposed one night and I wore the ring around the Magic Kingdom all night, got back to our hotel room, took a good look at the ring in the light and wouldn't you know they had ground down the claws to make it look less crooked and in doing so had completely ground away 1 claw and the other 3 were barely holding on. I was not a happy camper. It kinda sucked to not be able to wear my ring on the rest of our trip. grrr...

So, it's a good thing you discovered that the stone was loose sitting on the couch at home. Take it in, demand they fix it for free!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users