Ok, so we just got my ring back from the jewelers today...he hasn't officially "proposed" yet so I'm not even supposed to be wearing it, but I'm freaking out, cuz he came down and sat on the couch and goes "Is it supposed to be loose?" I'm like "Loose, how?" and he goes "C'mere." and he holds it up and shakes it real hard by my ear...you can hear a really faint rattle! smile43.gifI'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that is NOT right.

Anyone have this happen? I'm not worried, cuz I'm marching my happy a** right in there in the morning and telling the guy he's gonna fix it and at no extra charge. I've just never heard of this happening before, and I don't wanna take any chances with my precious dream ring.

Yes, you should definitely take it back and get it looked at. I know you're excited to wear it, but you don't want to take the chance that the stone will fall out.

you DEF need to take that in to have it fixed. it should NOT move, twist, turn, rattle or anything like that!

Another thing we have in common- This happened to my ring!! I looked down one day & thought it might have moved. I realized I could rotate it slightly. I took it in 2 weeks ago & had it tightened. It cost $35 & he had it fixed by the next day. I was telling a friend about it & she looked down at her ring & saw one of prongs wasn't even touching the stone.

So yes, I think these things do happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Another thing we have in common- This happened to my ring!! I looked down one day & thought it might have moved. I realized I could rotate it slightly. I took it in 2 weeks ago & had it tightened. It cost $35 & he had it fixed by the next day. I was telling a friend about it & she looked down at her ring & saw one of prongs wasn't even touching the stone.

So yes, I think these things do happen.
I think I need to have a conversation with my mother tonight Morgan...ask her about any secrets she might be keeping about my birth, cuz I'm tellin ya, you're my Caucasion twin. No joke. hahahaha

I'm taking it in. I'm just ticked cuz ALL this man had to do was mount the damn stone...we brought the setting and the stone in to him, with the mount head made to the EXACT measurements of the diamond. All he had to do was mount the stone and make sure it was in there securely. I mean...is that really that hard for a licensed jewelerhuh.gif Geez!

BTW, y'all know I cheated and took pics, so if you wanna see, I'll post if majority rules. I was thinking I'd just wait til I got to wear it "officially", but y'all know that as a member of this forum, I cannot in good conscience miss an opportunity to take a picture. smile120.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillysBride View Post
BTW, y'all know I cheated and took pics, so if you wanna see, I'll post if majority rules. I was thinking I'd just wait til I got to wear it "officially", but y'all know that as a member of this forum, I cannot in good conscience miss an opportunity to take a picture. smile120.gif
I totally would do the same thing. Let's see 'em!!

Believe me, y'all don't have to pull my leg too hard. haha

Heres a shot of my precious ring. I am so in love...oh, ya with him too. hahahaha!

I'll post a couple of pics in the sticky thread up top too.

Click the image to open in full size.