• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo

Posted 15 April 2016 - 07:29 AM

@apbride2be Congrats!! Our wedding was amazing I am so happy with how everything turned out. I would definitely say its cheaper than here (Chicago) compared to all of my friends weddings. However the wedding meals are not always included. Depends how you want to do things, I'm sure you can tell from the pricing AmorDeMiVida sent! If you do a private event (like beach reception or Baja Norte) you pay per plate, however you can negotiate your way to open bar the whole time. I think if you do a semi private event at a restaurant, the meals may be included but I'm not 100% sure. We had 55 guests and everyone had the best time, they want us to go back annually for our anniversary hahaha

If you have any other questions, I would be happy to answer them!

#42 MrsMakasa

MrsMakasa
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:47 PM

@samFEB2016 I am getting married at the Riu Palace January 2017 and also have about 55 guests.  Did you do a private dinner at baja norte?  or did you go for the beach reception?  what did you do for music?  did you have any advice?  Thank you so much for your thoughts!

Edited by MrsMakasa, 29 April 2016 - 05:47 PM.

#43 hstuck

hstuck
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:54 AM

Hi everyone! I am Chicago bride looking for tips about Riu and Cabo. Looking to have wedding March 2017. If anyone would be kind to email me price lists you received. I have read that prices have changed but its still worth knowing. Heathermlarkin@gmail.com

#44 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
    • 26 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 07:30 AM

@MrsMakasa Hi! Yes i did the private dinner at Baja Norte, it was perfect! We did the VIP DJ package. He was good, had everyone dancing the whole time, announced the wedding party and the parents and all of that. I did print him out an excel sheet of people names to announce and the songs i wanted played for each event (cake cutting, first dance, garter toss etc) I also met with him before hand to go over everything because i was very nervous about it! I made sure i had back ups of the important songs on my iphone for emergencies. I did end up needing to use my phone for our first dance because the song wasn't very popular, and he didn't find a good version to download. so PHEW! I would def recommend that. 

I also mentioned to some others, it seems if you wait until last minute to add extras they may give you a better price. I added the lights above the  reception area it was about $500. I had also mentioned upgrading the chairs. At our pre-wedding meeting, the WC magically could offer me the chairs for 50% off! I wonder if i waited on the lights, i could have gotten a discount too... but I didn't want to risk not having it at all. I upgraded the hoopah thing too for the ceremony, very pretty and sturdy I was happy with that.

LOVED my photographer/videographer- EmWeddings. Our video was amazing everyone that watches it cries haha he even had a drone to video over the ceremony and the ocean and everything so cool. It was expensive, but after all is said and done all you have left are the photos! He discounted his rate $300 to make up for the 'vendor fee' RIU will charge you. Now that I think of it I am not sure if they remembered to charge me for that...

I have attached a few pics of the ceremony and reception area :)

and congrats @hstuck I am from Chicago too!

Attached File  DJP_1258.jpg   174.43KB   3 downloadsAttached File  DJP_1262.jpg   247.51KB   2 downloadsAttached File  DJP_1284.jpg   169.3KB   2 downloadsAttached File  DJP_1297.jpg   202.61KB   2 downloadsAttached File  pnt26.jpg   60.21KB   2 downloads

#45 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
    • 102 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 16, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
    • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 May 2016 - 09:09 AM

@hstuck I just sent you an email.

@samFEB2016 thank you so much for sharing your pictures.  Whenever I see them, I always get so excited.  We are almost at our 1 month mark and there are 59 of us confirmed :)

Do you by any chance have a panoramic view of the entire set up?  I wanted to get an idea on how the tables were arranged.  We have 6 guests tables plus our sweetheart table.

Also how did you pick your cake flavors? Were you able to pick different varieties for the tiers?  Which flavor did you end up having? Awhile ago when I asked if there would be a cake tasting, the WC stated no. 

#46 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
    • 26 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

@AmorDeMiVida You're almost there! I wish I coudl go back and do it all again! So beautiful there :)

Sorry I am just reading the post. Attached is the biggest picture I have but the WC should be able to send you a layout, she sent me one and gave me a copy at our meeting. Also i picked out cake at the meeting but didn't taste it. I think i did each layer a different flavor? Honestly i didn't eat any of it! Just the chocolate when we cut the cake. I was told it was good though! I bought the flowers form the florist for the cake! Glad i did, would have been plain without them! Cant wait to see your photos, congrats!

DJP_1299.jpg

DJP_1281.jpg

Edited by samFEB2016, 02 June 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#47 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
    • 22 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

Posted 08 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

@samFEB2016 Your wedding was gorgeous!!! I am 2 weeks out and so excited and nervous hoping everything goes as planned! I absolutely love seeing other brides awesome pics!!!

#48 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
    • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:46 AM

@CaboBride6252016 thank you!!! Im sure it will be perfect, they did a great job. So excited for you!

#49 MrsMakasa

MrsMakasa
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 23, 2017
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:52 PM

@samFEB2016 thank you so much for your previous post!

I was wondering if you had any concerns about a ton of resort guests wondering around your wedding site.  I am reading a lot of blogs where brides complain about this and it was not even something I worried about previously!  

Also, did they cut your reception off promptly at 11pm?  If so, did you find the 4 hours they give you a little short - or was it enough time?

Did you find that it was dark for the majority of your reception - or was there sunlight for the majority of it?

Sorry for all the questions!!!!  But i really appreciate your thoughts :)

#50 Grizzme

Grizzme
    • 1 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:31 AM

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and I'm looking at RIU Palace for our wedding in July 2017. If anyone has price lists you've received and are willing to share, please email me vasquez.gr@gmail.com. Thank you so much for the information you've posted.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cabo, Beach Weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users