#31 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:45 PM

@GreearD

I sent a PM and if you give me your email address I can send everything that I have which will list all the reception locations for private and semi-private dinners.  The private areas are Baja Norte, English Garden, a beach area, La Plaza Bar and ballroom. 

Semi-private dinners can be held at San Jose and Mar de Cortes, but they can hold private events.

For external vendors they charge $300 USD per day fee.

We are having our ceremony at the gazebo, but I believe you can rent another one if your prefer something different.  The Riu's floral vendor is Baja Flowers and their website is www.bajaflower.com.  The contact is Alina Gomez at alina@bajaflower.com.  I have had initial contact with her and she is very helpful as she sent a general price list, the flowers they have in season and pictures.  

#32 GreearD

GreearD
  • 2 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 29, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu palace Cabo

Posted 26 February 2016 - 02:16 PM

I have another question, if anyone could answer that would be great.

First: are any of you getting married at 2:00?

You are having your reception at what time?

Everything j have found says they start at either 6:30 or 7:00. Can you start earlier and/or go later?

Thanks!

#33 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo

Posted 01 March 2016 - 07:30 AM

@CaboBride6252016 

Hi! My wedding was the 20th and everything went off without a hitch! Almost.... the DJ had downloaded a 'bad version' of our first dance song .He said it had a 'weird noise' in the background he said. Luckily! I had all important music downloaded on my phone. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! OH and i got a last minute discount on the dj $1200 to $800 + $200 cash tip. I feel like i might have gotten played on this but $200 off is better than full price......

Interesting tip... i had thought about upgrading chairs. To the dark brown ones to match my huppah thing. Quoted $900, for chairs! No thanks........ but interestingly enough the WC came to me the day before the wedding saying she was able to get a deal for $500 instead of 900 for the chairs! I still said no... theyre just chairs. But maybe if you are on the fence about something pricey, they will offer you a discount on site? Worth a try! Just mention you are interested so she knows to 'look for a better price'. Also good to know you can make changes like that last minute if you want. 

Ill post some pics in my profile, waiting for the professional ones still :)

#34 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:49 AM

@samFEB2016
Was the price negotiated with the WC or the DJ directly?

#35 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 11:51 AM

@AmorDeMiVida 

The WC. She said something like the company he works for charges X, but he could come in and DJ himself without going through his company for Y. Seemed shady like she over charged me at the $1200, but then to cover up lowered the rate on the invoice and then the DJ just got a sweet tip. 

#36 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

@samFEB2016
Good to know... Wondering if they would negoiate the price for hanging lights and lanterns. Did you bring your own or was it theirs and was it still $600?

#37 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 08:47 AM

@AmorDeMiVida it was theirs... I decided i really wanted it so I paid! However like I said about the chairs I wonder if you waited until last minute they would give you a better price. Even if they dont, you could still add it when you get there for full price. 

#38 apbride2be

apbride2be
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 March 2016 - 07:32 PM

Hi all!

My fiancé and I just got engaged and are considering Cabo (Oct. 2017) - we stayed at the RIU Palace last August and are staying at the Pueblo Bonito in May. Can someone give me the rundown on how food/alcohol works when all the wedding guests are all-inclusive? And would you be willing to email price lists and all of that for the RIU to me? We'd love to know roughly what a destination wedding actually costs vs. having it here at home in Oregon. Seems cheaper if everyone is all-inclusive. Am I wrong?

amanda_peterson4 @ yahoo.com

Thank you so much for any help and insight/wisdom you can pass on!!

@samFEB2016 @AmorDeMeVida @CaboBride6252016 @GreearD

#39 apbride2be

apbride2be
    • 2 posts

Posted 28 March 2016 - 06:40 AM

Oops @AmorDeMiVida

#40 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
      • 102 posts
      • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:23 AM

@apbride2be
      Sent! Happy Planning!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cabo, Beach Weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users