53 replies to this topic

#21 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2016 - 03:30 PM

We're bringing our own... So far I have table runners, candle votives, mason jars, silk flowers, tea light candles, wedding topper and will use maracas as table place cards. Our colors are coral, gold and blush.

The ceremony flowers included in the package can be taken down and used as a table centerpiece. We are planning to use them for the sweetheart table and cake table.

@Ambie
What do you have planned?

#22 Ambie

Ambie
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo
  • LocationVancouver B.C

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:34 AM

Our colours are Tiffany blue and pink! I think we might just pay for the 77 dollars for the flowers and then I have some candles and these fake ice looking things. I'm pretty full for luggage and once I added that cost it didn't make sense to do it on my own. I also got some wishing lanterns for guest so at the end of the night we will set them off!

#23 paigecampbell

paigecampbell
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2016 - 11:18 AM

@samFEB2016

Would you be able to forward the email with the price list you received recently? My address is jrcorrales@gmail.com.

Our wedding is in June 2016 and the WC has not sent me any price lists even after making several requests. My TA also contacted corporate and their response was to be patient as they were still working with their contracted vendors. Since we picked Riu Palace in Dec 2014 it seems like the prices have increased every few months based on other pricing that I obtained from other brides.

I appreciate any information that you can provide.

We are set to have our ceremony at the gazebo and private reception at Baja Norte. I don't think we are doing the cocktail hour but still debating on an open bar during the reception.

@AmorDeMiVida, would you be able to pass along the price lists to me?  I am getting married the day after you!  And I haven't done anything :)  paigeanora@gmail.com

Thanks so much!

#24 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
    • 102 posts
    • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 January 2016 - 02:41 PM

@paigecampbell I emailed you.

How many guests are you expecting and where are you having your ceremony and reception?

#25 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
    • 26 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 11 February 2016 - 06:03 AM

Hi Girls!

What are you planning on tipping people? the WC? Photographer? DJ? Wait staff? I assume each person will tip bartenders... I totally didn't think about tipping..........

#26 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
    • 26 posts
    • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:27 AM

@AmorDeMiVida @ambie 

What are you planning on tipping people? the WC? Photographer? DJ? Wait staff? I assume each person will tip bartenders... I totally didn't think about tipping..........

#27 Ambie

Ambie
    • 12 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016
    • LocationVancouver B.C

Posted 15 February 2016 - 06:08 AM

I really haven't thought about that yet ! No one from the hotel had contacted me and my wedding is may 20 is that normal ?

#28 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
    • 102 posts
    • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:03 AM

@samFEB2016
    I haven't really thought about it but we will probably tip housekeeping, wait staff during dinner, bartenders and anyone providing excellent service during our stay.

For the actual wedding reception most likely the wait staff. For the others... WC, DJ, etc. I would if they go above and beyond and depends on your experience with their services.

#29 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
    • 22 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

Posted 24 February 2016 - 12:15 PM

My WC FINALLY reached out to me this month with the 2016 checklist and everything that you lovely ladies had provided for me already. I feel like some of the pricing is ridiculous and not worth it.... lol

Anyway I plan to send mine back asap to book my spots. I am starting to get a little stressed out with the long distance communication!

Just breathe is what I keep telling myself...lmao

#30 GreearD

GreearD
    • 2 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 29, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Riu palace Cabo

Posted 25 February 2016 - 03:00 PM

Greeting everyone!

My fiancé and I and getting married on December 29 2016 at the Riu Palace. From reading this I see that we are not alone on trying to get in contact with someone! If any of you have any information could you please pass in our way. Thanks

I have been to the palace 3 times but never planning a wedding and it's a little stressful. I know the man usually doesn't do the planning but I'm taking one for the team!

We have EMweddings for photo and videography, do any of you know how much it will be to get him and his people on the resort for the day of the wedding. I think he come with 4 people.

We are using Susan morales for hair. Her reviews are great. Anyone here have personal experience of also are using her? We are making a pre trip from May 11-15 and have a trial for hair and make-up already set up.

For those who are doing the beach ceremony are you using the arch that the Riu provides or getting another one. Where do you get another one? Lol

Anyone know anything about flowers. Do you need to find a vendor yourself or does he Riu have someone they work with.

Lastly is the reception locations. I know there is by the pool, down low in the middle by the trees and the. The Italian/ Mexican restaurant? Are there any others? Do any of you have pricing for the reception.

Thanks for any help!!
    Dwight and Kristie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cabo, Beach Weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users