53 replies to this topic

#1 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
  • 22 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 25, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:09 PM

Hello Everyone!!!

I am a NEWBIE and just thought I would start a post for RIU Palace Cabo Brides for 2016. I am in the somewhat early planning phases, but  thought I would share what I have so far since this blog has helped me tremendously:

Wedding Date: 6/25/2016 at 4pm at the gazebo. I love the beach, but not that it's right in front of the infinity pool. Im also excited about the Jacuzzi suite we booked... hope its amazing.

I have 58 guests booked.

I did go with a travel agency and have had a pleasant experience so far with Liberty Travel. All my guests booked through them and had to put down a deposit. They set up a wedding website for my guests to place deposit and they can make payments there in the future.

I chose the Royal package, but do not need anything in it really. It comes with 20 ppl and I was going to pay the $28 per additional person. I am still working out the details, but I would prefer to buy the Classic package and see if I can pay for the chairs, since I have to pay for a private reception anyway. I plan to have a rehearsal dinner somewhere off of the resort, so I dont want to use the semi-private for any other event. Maybe some of you have this info...but when I get it I will add it here.

Photos: I am almost sure Gilda Badillo is going to be my go to person. Her pics are awesome and her prices are reasonable. I am waiting to see if she has my date available. Thanks to the bride who referred her to me on here :-)

Reception: I am going to do a private reception at the San Jose terrace and rent it out for double seating for $1200. I just cant see paying for a specific menu and open bar at an all inclusive. And we have plans for a party after as well, so I am not going to break the bank on the reception.

According to the extras list I received, it appears the $1200 will include 3 course meal off regular menu, dessert, wine and beer. I really prefer the Don Julio terrace because the dance floor is right there, but it says max capacity is 40 ppl and my party is too large. I will ask about the dance floor still though.

Decorations: I am working on pom poms for the chairs and a few other minor decorations. Does anyone know what the chairs look like without the covers?

Welcome bags: I am def doing them! Still trying to decide how I will travel with them.

Just wanted to put some extra info out there. Never know who you may help...as a lot of your posts have def helped me!!!

Congrats all you gorgeous brides to be!!!

#2 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 20, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo

Posted 03 November 2015 - 06:55 AM

Hi!

Looking for 2015/2016 brides!!!

We are getting married at the palace in Feb 2016 smile emoticon I was wondering a few things- 

I have a few questions!

Is anyone planning on or have already done the apps for the cocktail hour? Was it worth it? $28 per person for 5 pcs seems a bit much...

I received a new WC contact yesterday, Guadalupe, complete with new pricing... Now I am being told only 2 hours open bar are included instead of 4 for the private reception (Baja Norte). I have an email from Ana(my first coordinator)confirming that I would have 4 hours included, I hope they honor that!!! Thats an $1800 up charge now for my 57 guests. Anyone else recently receive new price sheets?

And I did see old reviews from 2012 about the DJ "sucking" anyone see any recent reviews? Any recent brides use the DJ? My latest price sheet has a VIP DJ option for $1050. My first price sheet didn't have that option maybe that means he's better for the additional $300 HA! Not sure if its worth it... I do want announcements and all that jazz...

Thanks and congrats everyone!!!!

#3 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 16, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 November 2015 - 07:36 AM

@samFEB2016

Would you be able to forward the email with the price list you received recently? My address is jrcorrales@gmail.com.

Our wedding is in June 2016 and the WC has not sent me any price lists even after making several requests. My TA also contacted corporate and their response was to be patient as they were still working with their contracted vendors. Since we picked Riu Palace in Dec 2014 it seems like the prices have increased every few months based on other pricing that I obtained from other brides.

I appreciate any information that you can provide.

We are set to have our ceremony at the gazebo and private reception at Baja Norte. I don't think we are doing the cocktail hour but still debating on an open bar during the reception.

#4 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

@amordemivida 

SENT! And yes I am frustrated with the price changes. I booked in Jan 2015 it has been difficult to communicate, maybe ill get some more attention now that I am close! I also read that at Baja Norte there is a pool bar close by, i just dont want to put people out if its far from the reception. Have you decided on the DJ?

#5 Ambie

Ambie
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:May 20, 2016
  • LocationVancouver B.C

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:01 PM

hello ladies,

@Mention can you please send me that info too , my wedding is may 20 2016 ... I find this very stressful not being able to talk to any one and the costs just keep adding up. I'm from Canada so the dollar is awful. Any thing to help pre plan will be great thank you!!

#6 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:26 AM

@samFEB2016 thank you for your email... this helps a lot!  They better give you the attention now that you are very close.

My assigned W/C is now Ana Laura Davalos who has not responded to a single email.  Previously it was Ana Maria Villafana who was great at responding to me.  If anyone needs table dimensions used for the reception at Baja Norte, I have it.  Previously they didn't charge for the WC to put out decorations.  I wonder if I can designate someone to do it for me.

It looks like with the private reception and plated/buffet dinner 2 hrs of open bar is included.  I  believe the pool bar near Baja Norte is closed to the rest of the resort during an event and used for the open bar.

After reviewing the info, most likely we will pick the VIP DJ just so we know there will be someone to announce and ensure all things are on time so we have most of the night for dancing.

#7 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:05 PM

I thought I had the most up to date pricing, but going back to the email that you sent before @AmorDeMiVida ... mine was out of date...can you forward that info to me as well. gmail.com'>ana.avant@gmail.com 

Also how are you guys reaching your WC... I don't even have one assigned that I can recall. It def is a bit stressful not being able to talk to someone and get for sure numbers and pricing so that I can plan accordingly. That is why Im a blog junkie.... I have faith all this will be worth it in the end though :-)

Edited by CaboBride6252016, 05 November 2015 - 07:02 PM.

#8 samFEB2016

samFEB2016
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:40 AM

@AmorDeMiVida I am thinking I will do VIP too. Dont want to risk it, thats an important part for me! 

can you please email me the table dims for Baja Norte? Thanks!

#9 AmorDeMiVida

AmorDeMiVida
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

@CaboBride6252016 and @samFEB2016 sent!
@CaboBride6252016 after we booked our date I asked for the W/C's contact. The email for my mine is mice02.sjd@riu.com but I have not heard from her. I'm pretty much getting all my info from fellow brides here.
I'm impressed that you have your guest number already. How did you get your guests to book so far in advance?

#10 CaboBride6252016

CaboBride6252016
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

@AmorDeMiVida  At first, I didn't like the deadline being so early, but it helped me tremendously knowing how many people had booked way in advance. I have been able to somewhat make better plans. Although the Palace pricing keeps going up every time I look up lol...thanks for sending the updated pricing :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Cabo, Beach Weddings

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users