Calgary Brides! Wedding Dress Dry Cleaning!

HEY! So i purchased my dress off the rack and it is FILTHY!!!! It needs to be dry cleaned, but i'm afraid it will cost more then the dress itself! 

Can any Calgary ladies recommend a place for dry cleaning that is decent priced and really good?

Thanks!!!

• Like 1

I haven't done mine yet (post wedding) because I really can't justify the cost. I'm assuming it would be $300-$500 :( a groupon is a good idea.

That said my seamstress recommended Gilette and they have 2 locations in Calgary. I may have spelt that wrong but it's like the men's products hahha. If you research them and can't find it let me know and I'll find the card I have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Sorry - I'm not in Calgary so can't help out. But I did notice that your wedding date is the same as mine except we got married nearly 4 years ago! For special reasons we're renewing our vows this year in RM on our anniversary date!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't even try Gillette!! They quoted me $400!! My dress cost $800 and not even my alterations were that expensive. I'm thinking Dolphin cleaners, but I'll let you know the quote I get. 

Mine does have quite a bit of beading at the bottom, which is the dirtiest part, but still, $400 is a bit much. 

• Like 1

Yikes! I have a 15% off coupon and no beading at the bottom so maybe I could get away with $300 ish but even still I can't justify the cost so I doubt mine will ever get cleaned. Let us know the final price you pay.

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015  Omg i feel a little better after reading that you didn't get your dress dry cleaned yet.

I havne't even opened my dress bag since arriving back from the wedding.

I did jump in the pool with the dress on which actually got rid of a lot of the dirt at the bottom of the dress.  

It was for a photo session, not an alternative to cleaning it.  haha

I still haven't decided whether I should sell the dress, or hang on it...I'm not really ready to make a decision yet. 

My mother in law wants to save it for my "future daughter" to wear...so ya.  lol  who knows.  

@@veryvalentine

Don't feel bad!!!  Mine sat in the bag until June -- when we moved I quickly opened it up to see how bad it was. Even with jumping in the pool my bottom edge is still really bad.

I don't plan to hang on to mine for any particular reason other than selling it seems hard!  hahah!  I mean I guess it's not hard to post an add on Kijiji but then to sell it, they will want to try it on blah blah.  And I will never ever get back what I paid, especially if I have it cleaned.  I have considered selling it for next to nothing but they get it dirty.

Phew.... went on there.  We will see, but def. don't feel bad.  

• Like 1

I agree with you guys. I'm only cleaning it because I'm planning on wearing it again when I go to Argentina. My grandparents are really excited to see me in it :D. My best friend who's been married for 3 years still hasn't cleaned hers haha. 

I also don't think I can sell it! I won't wear it again after Argentina but I just love it so much! and every time I look at it I remember all the amazing times I had in it (I know, it's only 1 day, but there were tons of amazing times hahah). I just can't part with it. 

I also don't have any hope that my daughter would wear it, that's even if I have a daughter. It would be out of style by then and I wouldn't want to put her in that dilemma, afraid of hurting my feelings if she says no. 

The discussion on dresses being so out of date by then is so interesting. My mom and dad married over 40 years ago - I LOVE her dress. Very vintage and totally doable today. My sister married 18 years ago and hers is hideous. I guess it's like normal clothes - styles come, go, and then make a come back :) soooooo you just never know :)

• Like 1