Wafflesmom

Wafflesmom Moon Palace Planning Thread - January 23, 2016

@@acw271011 thanks for the input! My bridesmaids like the ribbon fold too but my MOH likes the other one.

@ thanks :) I needed a touch of colour for our tables and this was a good way of doing it

@@TinkerSofi thanks for your input :) it seems like the second one is the winner so far. How's your new place?

• Like 1

@@Wafflesmom Where did you find the napkins? I love the colour! And the ring holders too!! Both are so pretty! Our stuff is plain white, although I did get a long runner since we have just the one rectangle table, but napkins might be pretty.

• Like 1

@@acw271011 I bought them from http://canada.linentablecloth.com/

They were under $10 for a dozen and came quickly. They're a good material too and the colour is so nice. They also have chair sashes and other linens.

I bought the napkin ring from a local bride, 40 for $15. She basically made them from a roll of jeweled ribbon (I think Michaels has it) and attached a velcro to hold them together. It was a nice added being for our table. I'll be attaching a tag to the ring as place cards

• Like 3

@@acw271011 No I do agree with you that the first one has a neat look as well. If I really had to decide, i'd probably also pick the first one. I think they both look nice though.

• Like 2

lol aww thanks ladies. Sometimes I really feel old! i always seem to pick different things!

• Like 2

Thanks @@JoannaBanana @ @@acw271011! My coworkers liked the ribbon one too. I think I just need to fix it a bit more, especially the end parts so it hangs down lower.

I'll try it on a charger to see which looks best.

P.S. My 22 year old coworker liked the ribbon too so your taste isn't old! Plus, your wedding gown is anything but "old" in taste and look. It's actually pretty modern and sexy!

• Like 3

The ribbon one is really cute! I was torn, but we had to choose one! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Ok so I had my first emotional wedding-related day. I have a coworker who has become one of my closest friends. Over the last 4 years, we've gone on so many trips, confided in each other for everything, basically did all the things close friends do. So when I sent out the save the dates, she was obviously one of the first to say yes and put down a deposit.

So yesterday we went out for coffee and she said that she and her new boyfriend (they've been together for 5 months) have been talking and they want to go on a vacation together. He is currently on training for work and has exams all throughout January and February so he can't make it to Mexico for our wedding. They were thinking of going away in April and she said that financially she can't afford two trips so she won't be able to go to the wedding. As a bit of background, my friend has not been in a serious relationship for over 15 years. She's always wanted a relationship but her life mirrors that movie "he's just not that into you". So when she told me I was actually quite calm and very understanding. She was very apologetic.

After we met the sting of what she told me started to surface and my feelings of being an understanding and supporting friend turned into hurt and anger. Plus, I then realized that she was rooming with another friend so her decision could impact another person. So I called Der to let him know what happened and it dawned on us too that we just made the number of room nights to get complimentary events and now we may not make it. Argggh I know it's too early to get frustrated right now about numbers and things can change so I'm not gonna let that get to me right now (although I'm really worried about this).

So many things added up that it made me even more upset and hurt. I didn't want to call my friend because talking about it made me so upset that I cried so I took the cowardly approach and texted her. I told her that her decision to not go to my wedding has sunk in and now I felt hurt about her decision. I told her that I had mixed emotions; as a friend I was happy that she found someone who made her super happy but at the same time, I was hurt that she would choose to miss such an important event in my life. She texted back an apologized...a lot.I'm trying to be a good friend and I know she's trying her hardest to make her relationship work. I know she's really sorry but still doesn't make the sting hurt any less.

Sorry for the rant

• Like 2