Wafflesmom Moon Palace Planning Thread - January 23, 2016

Thanks so much @. I know you're always there for me :) I was gonna message you last night but Der suggested we take Waffle for a long walk and I can clear my head.

She met him way after she committed to going to our wedding. I try to rationalize her decision in my head and try to put myself in her shoes but it's really hard. I don't want to guilt her into changing her decision since I clearly know what and who her priorities are right now. I decided to text her since I'm always honest about my feelings with my friends. I thought talking it out would make me feel better but it hasn't. It's still to fresh.

Plus, I guess I have to mentally and emotionally prepare myself for more instances like this. I know as we get closer to the date there's a possibility of people cancelling but I'm hoping there's some who'll join too

• Like 3

Awe hun I feel terrible for you.

What I think tugs at me is what if this relationship with this guy doesn't work out? She picked him over you and she may regret that decision for the rest of her life. I'm a little surprised he isn't more supportive of her going either. My husband would push me to attend because 1. She's known you longer and is a great friend and 2. She already committed!!

None the less those are only my thoughts and I feel your hurt. I hope this all works out for the positive. All I can do is give you big hugs. Hope you can work thru this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 3

@@calgarybride2015 thanks for the support and hugs Kim. As hurt as I am, I'm still really hoping her relationship works out and that her decision to not come is something she doesn't regret. I've yet to meet her new boyfriend but you're right in that you'd think he'd support her going and not push for vacation so close to date. I know Der would be like Shawn but I guess not all men think the same way.

• Like 1

@@Wafflesmom aww you poor thing, you don't need that stress!  You're such a good person to still see her side of things.  What's crazy to think is that maybe the new boyfriend is great and pushing her to go but because she hasn't had a relationship she's going to do anything to stay with him... I dunno, totally just thinking about different scenarios.

Is there anyone else that can step in and share the room with your friend?

I don't really know what to say, I would feel hurt just like you do right now,  I just want to send positive and let you know that everything will work out and be perfect  :wub:

Edited by deecol
  • Like 3

@@calgarybride2015 thanks for the support and hugs Kim. As hurt as I am, I'm still really hoping her relationship works out and that her decision to not come is something she doesn't regret. I've yet to meet her new boyfriend but you're right in that you'd think he'd support her going and not push for vacation so close to date. I know Der would be like Shawn but I guess not all men think the same way.

Of course you want it to work out but it doesn't lessen the blow. Your feelings are just. You can't make sense of it and might not for awhile. I hope you feel better soon! Just remember your day will be here (super soon) and this won't matter at the time. It's hard to believe your wedding is coming so that means my 1st anniversary is. Time flies when you aren't planning a wedding lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

@ perianjay good point. Remember last year when we were worried about room deposits, I can't believe we're now worried about final payments. I hate that guest count is a recurring worry. Our final payment isn't due until Nov 20, I have 51 days of hell

And I agree with you. In the end, all the worry is for nothing.

@@deecol thanks hun. I agree that there is a possibility that her new bf is encouraging her to go but she wants to make it work with him. She has been wanting a relationship for a long time so I can definitely see her being motivated to make it work. We're trying to find someone else to room with my friend. For her, money isn't the issue, it's being alone for a week that she doesn't want. She said she'll make it work regardless of what happens.

@@calgarybride2015 you and Perian are absolutely right, pretty soon it won't matter because all that does matter is I get to marry the love of my life. And funny that you mentioned that, I was thinking about how time has gone by so quickly. It feels like it was just yesterday when I was wishing you all the best for your wedding!

• Like 4

@ don't worry, I'm sure it will all work out. I'm not too worried about mine and Der's family, I know they'll make their final payments. Actually, Der's whole side has already paid everything off so they don't have to worry about it. I'm just getting worried about room nights. We are at 77 room nights so that doesn't leave much wiggle room. If my friend (who is now trying to find someone to room with) ends up cancelling, Der says we'll just extend our stay and do a honeymoon. Can you tell who the level headed and calm rational person is in our relationship? Lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dress Fitting

Last Saturday I went for my first dress fitting. I was really excited to try on my dress again since the last time I tried it on was in April when I picked it up from the bridal store. I bought the dress exactly a year ago during a sample sale and aside from length of sleeves and hem, it fit me perfectly! So I basically had a year to maintain my weight and size. I was also excited to see what my shoes looked like with my dress on. I decided to wear my hair in a high bun, similar to the Hillary Duff hairstyle that @@deecol posted. I wanted to see if that hairstyle suited the dress. Well I'm happy to say that the dress still fits me perfectly :) As soon as I was zipped up, I fell in love with my dress again. My sister/MOH said that she can tell that I still love my dress and that I looked beautiful in it (did I tell you how much I love my sister? LOL). All the consultants flocked to my fitting room and made me feel like a thousand bucks with all of their compliments. I should note that within the last year, my mom, sister and I have bought 7 dresses from this bridal store (dresses for my brother's wedding last June and for my upcoming one) so we knew all the consultants. They were basically my friends so that's why they all came to see me in my dress. My original bridal consultant even came by to give me a hug and show me jewellery that she thought would be perfect for my wedding. I tried them on and they were just the right amount of bling and looked great with my dress. So I bought these swarovski earrings and this bracelet.

post-279721-0-07434700-1444414760_thumb.jpg

post-279721-0-42993500-1444414871_thumb.png

According to Filipino (or my mom's) superstition, I was not allowed to wear any jewellery that were tear-drop style as it represented sad tears on the wedding day. So these earrings were mom-approved.

As for my hair, everyone agreed that the high ballerina bun did not suit me or my dress. Since I won't be having a hair trial, it was good to test out before my wedding day. So I've decided that this is how I'm going to style my hair.I won't be wearing a veil, just a jeweled hair piece. What do you guys think?

post-279721-0-22128900-1444415255_thumb.png

I have two dress fittings left (Oct 17 and 31) then I can cross that off my list. Woohoo!

• Like 5