• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#11 deecol

• 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 July 2015 - 04:52 AM

@KatieMcBride I was so sad reading your story.  Although I haven't gone through exactly what you have, I have definitely had people closest to me let me down during this process.  "Close" friends not even ask how wedding planning is going and family not even responding.

My mom keeps saying that weddings are when a lot of peoples true colours shine through, and I'll learn so much about my circle of friends and family.

All I can say because I'm in a similar position (also got engaged Dec 2014, getting married Apr 2016) is to focus on you and your fiancĂ© and how amazing your wedding and lives will be together.  It's not fair for you to use your energy on people who don't want to share in your happiness, this is your time.  I know it's easier said than done, I recently ranted as well and not only getting it out but the amazing tips and support from the amazing ladies on this forum made me feel so much better.  Most of us have been there in one way or another.  Stay positive and just keep thinking of how special your day is going to be!  xoxo

My Planning Thread:

#12 RivieraBride15

• 97 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 27, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationScranton, PA

Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:28 AM

Jealousy can be such a hateful thing and it's even worse when it's during the happiest times of our lives.  When we got engaged, my sister commented on FB with her "congrats".  Once she found out that it was going to be a destination wedding, she told my mom that she will not be attending since she won't leave the country. I've been engaged now for 9 months with the wedding 3 months away and she has NEVER asked about the wedding.  I have sent pics of things I have bought to try and keep her in the loop since she won't be there, but there is no enthusiasm at all...I have given up.  I feel it's all a jealousy thing...but my feelings are, if you aren't happy with your life and the way it's going...only you can change that.

My brother (and my best friend) passed away in February so I will be missing him at the wedding, my sister isn't going, and now I guess my father isn't going either. I let myself have one poor me day about it all...and I've since snapped out of it.  Wedding is 96 days away (who is counting lol) and I am back to being on cloud 9.  I can't and won't let anyone's negativity or jealousy put any kind of damper on my day!

Easier said than done sometimes...but try to put aside the jealousy...don't let anyone rain on your parade!!

#13 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2015 - 05:39 AM

I am soooo sorry to hear about your brother. What a tough thing to go thru. Hugs.

I think it must sting a bit more when it's your family member, especially a sister. So I want to applaud you for being able to move past it.

96 days will fly by!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#14 pjay

• 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 23 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

@RivieraBride15 Wow!! My condolences. You seem like a strong girl with a very positive outlook. I'm really sorry to hear about your sister not coming :( It's unfortunate when people can't see past their own unhappiness and if affects others happiness.

Hugs your way!! 

My planning thread :

#15 deecol

• 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 24 July 2015 - 07:00 AM

@RivieraBride15 I'm so sorry to hear about everything.  My condolences.

You sound like one tough cookie!  You deserve so much happiness and I'm sure it will come in leaps and bounds on your wedding day!

All the best!  xo

Edited by deecol, 24 July 2015 - 07:00 AM.

My Planning Thread:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users