206 replies to this topic

#51 TaraMarie33

TaraMarie33
  • 38 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

Just finding this thread now.. I have to say that $1250 per person quote is INSANE! My guests and I paid $1700 per person from Toronto.

Holy hell. We felt pressure with the American dollar so we just went with it. Now we have 53 guests and counting . We are hoping not to have more than 60. I went a little crazy with my dress ($4000 CAD) and our rings, so I don't want to get wild spending on the wedding.

We are bringing our own photographer (flying him down and paying all expenses) in exchange for wedding photos. Pretty awesome deal!! $1700 CAD for his trip and we get unlimited photos!

Anyway, I'm having a tough time figuring out decor with the resort. Can't decide if I want to have the free wedding with upgrades or the presidential package. Seems like everything is adding up very quickly!!

#52 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 19 August 2015 - 08:59 AM

@TaraMarie33 You definitely need to look at @calgarybride2015 thread. She was just married there in January and she did an absolutely incredible job of putting her wedding together. I believe she took the free and just added on as needed. She's on her honeymoon finally now but is back next week. Take a look at her thread. i guarantee most of your questions will get answered there!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#53 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 19 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

Anyway, I'm having a tough time figuring out decor with the resort. Can't decide if I want to have the free wedding with upgrades or the presidential package. Seems like everything is adding up very quickly!!

I almost could have written this. We are going with the free, and update to palapa. But I'm really not sure how all these expenses are going to add up, even though Adriana has provided me with a few quotes. I want to spend minimal on decoration without looking like I didn't put any effort in to it. I was thinking tiki torches, paper lanterns, some centre pieces, and table number thingies, and call it a day. I'm also considering the ole Bose option but not sure how well it would work.

I'm worried about too many people too. Time will tell.

I thought about doing the same thing for a photographer, but I want to shave even more money off that total.

When is your date?

Edited by JoannaBanana, 19 August 2015 - 09:06 AM.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

#54 beckys98

beckys98
    • 543 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 11, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Iberostar Rose Hall Suites Montego Bay

Posted 19 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

@JoannaBanana and @TaraMarie33 - When we sent out our Save the Dates we were terrified because based on verbal RSVPs we were tracking at like 90 guests!! All 90 said they were definitely coming. We were happy, but that completely changed our budget calculations!

When all was said and done, we ended up with only 64 and we had budgeted for 55-60. So your numbers may be fine when everything settles out :) Still, we would have figured out a way to make it work with the extra guests. It is a once in a lifetime experience and having too many people who want to celebrate with you is a great problem to have!

#55 TaraMarie33

TaraMarie33
    • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:58 AM

My date is January 7th, 2016 .. So it's coming!!

I just got a quote from Adriana - 45 pesos for each chair (white Tiffany chair) and then 75 pesos each chair if I want the gold ones PLUS external fee. She also quoted me for some archways - quotes were over 10,000 pesos. Things are getting crazy.

#56 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
    • 319 posts
      • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 21 August 2015 - 07:37 AM

Are these chairs for the ceremony or the reception? I'm going with whatever is included, no sashes, no upgrades, nada. To me that's just not worthwhile money spent. I guess it all depends on you and what you think will make your day meet your vision. I just happen to have a very flexible vision. I believe she told me the standard chairs are white.

Here's the quote she provided me:

Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1440171253244.png   49.57KB   13 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1440171257058.png   50.79KB   12 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1440171260015.png   48.47KB   13 downloadsAttached File  uploadfromtaptalk1440171262666.png   35.79KB   13 downloads

I have a lot of children coming and they are 120 each vs 200 pesos for the adult menu.

Here's our money jar check sheet. $40/week (each). Just an arbitrary number we made up, not to say this money will cover everything.
      Attached File  uploadfromtaptalk1440171452576.jpg   960.85KB   12 downloads

Edited by JoannaBanana, 21 August 2015 - 07:37 AM.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
      event.png

#57 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 August 2015 - 09:21 AM

@TaraMarie33
      What is the cost for the archway? You mean the one you stand at with the minister? That's included with the flowers in all
      Wedding packages.

I know the Tiffany chairs are an upgrade Forsure. Not sure why an external vendor fee though

I can send you my price breakdown if you want. I had the free package and upgraded

@JoannaBanana
      I had the basic chairs so those are what you'll see in my photos. I did upgrade to the chair sashes though. I think they were just under $2 each Canadian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#58 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
      • 495 posts
      • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:03 AM

I bought my chair sashes on eBay! I got 50 teal blue organza sashes for $30. Way better deal than the resort. I am going to re-use them for my at home reception, and then I will probably be able to sell them for the same amount and then I've incured no cost at all. Keep a look at your local Facebook wedding swap and shop because right now with wedding season in effect brides are selling their stuff!

@calgarybride2015 I would love a copy of your wedding breakdown. Even though prices seem to be really changing between 2015 and 2016. I feel like my costs keep adding up (that and I keep getting new ideas).

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#59 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
      • 4,506 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
      • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

No worries I can post it on here once I'm back on my computer!!! I had 2014 pricing since I booked them so may be a big difference to 2016 pricing. I heard 2015 wasn't to much more.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#60 TaraMarie33

TaraMarie33
      • 38 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:14 PM

@calgarybride2015  - I keep saying archway, but I think it is just the "arch".. I had a vision of a different one. They quoted me about $800 CAD, I think we are going to go with it!! Comes with flowers along the top and sides, etc. 

Edited by TaraMarie33, 23 August 2015 - 09:15 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users