JoannaBanana

Joannabanana's Planning Thread - May 12Th 2016 - Grand Sirenis

@@JoannaBanana I bought a flower stem with 3 flowers on it from the dollar store, cut the flowers off and used that to decorate my cake. But you could likely re-use some of the ceremony flowers to decorate it as well.

For the flower petals, I agree with Kim - my niece only used about 1/4 of the flowers. Your two flower girls can easily split one bag.

For table numbers, I have some that I didn't end up using for my reception that you could use (we just let people sit wherever they wanted). My husband is not happy that the table numbers are still in the house and I'd love to give them to someone from the forum! I'll send you a PM with a picture of them and dimensions tonight after work.

For reception centerpieces, I just re-used the flowers from the gazebo that come with the wedding package. I had two bridesmaids, so their bouquets were used for the cake table. We had a sweetheart table - the flowers for that were the ones that sit on the table during the ceremony. I had Aranza take apart the rest of the flowers from the gazebo and she put them in vases they already had on hand as centerpieces. 

Here's a picture of the cake with the $1 flowers on it. In hindsight, I would have used ceremony flowers from the gazebo so the colour matched better, but it looked good enough as is.

Wedding Cake

Here is my ceremony setup so you can see the flowers in their original state:

Ceremony Site

Here's the sweetheart table with the gazebo centerpiece on it:

Sweetheart Table

And finally, here's a shot that shows one of the guest table centerpieces using the vases from GS (free) and the flowers from the gazebo:

Centerpieces

Apologies for the quality of the photos - these were all guest captures and I'm going to use the excuse that they had been drinking already by this point, lol. Hope this helps!

Edited by krystalball
  • Like 3

At my meeting she showed me the ribbons and asked what one I wanted. No charge. And they pick flowers off the ceremony ones to put on the cake. This was just done. I told her want I wanted in the pre packages and it was included.

They used the gazebo flowers on the head table and the ceremony table flowers on the cake table.

For centerpieces I brought my own stuff but used the bridesmaids bouquets to not spent money twice.

I think you only pay for extra flowers for BMs or decor (if they even offer it) but that's just my experience.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Ah sorry I've been so MIA. I love your dress! It looks so classic yet still has a really nice beach feel to it! Looks so perfect on you! Your big day is coming up fast! I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it!!

• Like 2

I leave Saturday morning :) I'm working on the table numbers currently. Itineraries, map, and guest faces page getting printed, ready at 5:30. Have a deep tissue massage first, and I need it. Need to make corresponding table number flags to go in the lime of everyone's tequila shot. Got the rings cleaned today too. Bought 3x donut donuts. One for us and one for each of our parents.

ad3cc4f2b693362e34456bc1b10b831a.jpg

136f1a4e167abd8a23c1377c9813ac8b.jpg

• Like 2

Have a fantastic trip! Remember to slow down and take it all in. Hope it's all you've dreamed of. Please post some pics and a review once you are back!

• Like 1