Joannabanana's Planning Thread - May 12Th 2016 - Grand Sirenis

@@JoannaBanana

Glad things are moving along for you! In terms of what to do next... If you are planning to do welcome bags or bringing decor, I think it's never too early to start collecting things/crafting things. I'm not really doing much in this way (basically zero), so this eliminate a lot of work for me (YAY). The other thing that I would recommend, because it's seasonal, is buying general stuff you will need for your trip that's mainly available in the summer and is probably on sale now. Sundresses, flipflops, sunglasses, tanks, shorts, sunscreen, swimwear, bug spray, etc.

My wedding is about a month before you, so maybe the list of things I've finished will help you find your next project :) That said, I'm a planner, so I may be way ahead of the game (or not!). 

• Wedding web site

• Save-the-date emails

• Wedding party selected & confirmed

• Ordered decor from KatyHK

• Invitations printed

• Groom’s outfit purchased

• Groomsmen’s outfits purchased

• BM & GM gifts purchased

• Group excursion booked

• Photographer booked

• Ceremony musician “booked” (friend/guest of ours)

• Like 2

Haha! Yeah, I know what you mean about guys & their outfits. But we wanted casual summer clothes (not suits, etc.) so I insisted that we look this summer. A few weeks ago we went camping with the 2 GMs and their GFs in the US, so we all went outlet shopping together. We were really successful! All pants & GMs shirts at first stop, Jeff's shirt at second stop & matching flip flops at third stop. It was too easy!  :D

How much for the shot glasses? I love them!

Edited by vancouverpetunia
  • Like 2

From what I can see, $2/ea minimum order of 72... One colour print. More colours are extra. I used to work with a woman who sells promotional products and has the exact same product. $5/ea though, exact same. Not sure what happens when I put in the tax and shipping for either option. I guess I need to know how many guests before I order. I wanted to do two different images, but I might have to stick to one. My mother was urging me not to do a sugar skull, buuuut... Never you mind mom!

EDIT

www.adsuninc.com - I just requested a quote, let's see what they say.  It looks like for 72 it will be $171.36, with an initial setup fee of $56.25, if you convert that to Canadian that's pretty much $300.  Shipping - who the heck knows.  A case of 72 weight 50lbs.

I'm hunting around, I like that design but I think I can do better price wise.

Edited by JoannaBanana

Okay guys my internet sleuthing has brought me down to another site called logobarproducts.com and with all said and done it says $126.85 for an order of 50.  They are all black with a white logo.  At that price I could probably swing two different designs (that pricing was for all of the same design).  Friends, I do not overpay!  LOL

• Like 4

Just finding this thread now.. I have to say that $1250 per person quote is INSANE! My guests and I paid $1700 per person from Toronto.

Holy hell. We felt pressure with the American dollar so we just went with it. Now we have 53 guests and counting . We are hoping not to have more than 60. I went a little crazy with my dress ($4000 CAD) and our rings, so I don't want to get wild spending on the wedding.

We are bringing our own photographer (flying him down and paying all expenses) in exchange for wedding photos. Pretty awesome deal!! $1700 CAD for his trip and we get unlimited photos!

Anyway, I'm having a tough time figuring out decor with the resort. Can't decide if I want to have the free wedding with upgrades or the presidential package. Seems like everything is adding up very quickly!!

• Like 1