Thinking Of Grand Bahia Principe Jamaican Wedding...

Hey ladies! I was wondering if anyone has gotten married recently at this beautiful resort? I have soooo many question! My groom and I got engaged in December 2014, and we are thinking about getting married in Feb 2017. I wanted to know if anyone could share their experience with this resort to help us with this crucial decision.  Also, there are a lot of conflicting reviews about this resort. Any weather, price, items to bring, color schemes, photographers, and make-up and hair tips would be greatly appreciated! 

• Like 1

Welcome and congrats on your engagement.

Here is the thread for the GBP Runaway Bay, hopefully this can help you some!

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/44634-any-gran-bahia-principe-runaway-bay-brides-out-there/

I also know that @@acw271011 got married here as well, so hopefully she can chime in!

We did not get married there - we got married at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay - but we looked into it as an option. Our main concerns were the resort size was a little bigger than what we wanted but also they do multiple weddings per day and I saw some brides having like 11 a.m. ceremony times! That sounded awful to me :) But since you have a lot of lead time maybe you can get your first choice of ceremony time?

Happy planning!

Hi!  Are you referring to the Grand Bahia in Runaway Bay?  I close friend of mine had a her wedding there and I attended as a guest and it was amazing!  She had a private dinner and the wedding out on the gazebo. :)  congrats!! 

• 3 weeks later...

@@Hydewedding

My friend will marry there at the gazebo. I wish I can attend. :( but already took the days for my own wedding.

For hair & make-up she had mentioned that it would cost $900USD to have a local hair stylist enter the resort. Apparently the cost of having it done at the resort's salon was equally high, having several bridesmaids, that she is instead having an aunt do the hair.

The resort has an in house photography company called Tropicone that is asking $1000USD for 80 photos. She is currently looking at the option of taking our photographer from Toronto to get higher quality photos and save from currency exchange.

I'm digging through my e-mails to see what other information she sent for my opinion.

Will post back shortly.

I got married there nearly 4 years ago and we loved it. I'll be honest - several things have changed since 2011 but we loved it because we had the gazebo right on the beach without standing in the sand. We got stuck with a 1 pm wedding time which I hated but it was because we had so much turmoil towards the end that we pretty much had to take what was still available in terms of times. yes - they do multiple weddings in a day but they don't have one wedding standing around waiting for the one in front to end. They do have you move along after your wedding but they allow an hour and a half in between each one. it is definitely a big resort but we didn't find the size overwhelming. They have some great spots for photos. They have a couple of spots for either semi private or a private reception. I do know their outside vendor fee, which we didn't pay, has gone up to $800 but I've heard there are one or two outside photographers that have incorporated it into their fees so that's a big help. The spa was ok for makeup but I'm not sure I would recommend them. They're good as long as you're very specific about what you want. I didn't do that and regretted it afterwards. The food at the resort we found very good and enjoyed it. Even though our group had cancelled, they did a dinner reception for just the two of us, plus our photographer stayed and it was beautiful! They went out of their way I think because they felt bad for us and make it really special.

I would absolutely recommend the resort for sure. We didn't take anything with the resort photographer except the freebies and they were ok. There weren't any good recommendations on them though. The gazebo you can have for a private dance party after. it's right down at the beach and they'll light it up for you and give you a bartender and I think a dj. Most of the ladies I was working with four years ago did their own ipod thing and it worked out great. There were a lot of great reviews about it.

Good luck!

Thanks so much! I will definitely have to look into some of these extra costs! $900 for hair? That's crazy! I have never been down south so I am looking forward to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

@@emmapalmer

Just wondering if you know if they have set color schemes likes some resorts, or can you pick whatever you like? I am really leaning towards turquoise and white but didn't know if people supplied their own sashes for the chairs or whatnot. I know they supply the bouquets but I was going to bring my own to incorporate my color scheme. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I just got married there last month.

The week was amazing, the wedding was amazing.

It was perfect.   Feel free to send me a message or ask any specific questions.

Hey ladies! Just wondering how many guests sit at each table. We are having approximately 50 guests and I am trying to buy centre pieces for each table! I think we may rent out the Pisces.

Or do the a la carte restaurants allow you to decorate their tables as well?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk