• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:45 PM

I appreciate all of the support from you ladies and hearing your stories. I don't feel alone in any of this.. this is why I love this forum so so much!!

My FI met with one of them tonight (the one causing the most drama) and he is no longer in the bridal party. He also decided not to come at all.. so sadly I think the friendship is really over. It's pretty sad how bitter some people get over other people's happiness and weddings. His loss.

@veryvalentine @TinkerSofi @KatieMcBride @Danielle1 @TammyWright

I can see from your ladies stories that this is obviously something that is quite common. I was talking to one of my friends who got married this past year and she told me how much of an eye opener their wedding was. I guess out of all of this I have realized that this is such a blessing in disguise. Nothing would hurt me more then to look back at our pictures and our big day and have negativity around someone who was simply being an impostor in my FI's and my life.

I am sorry to hear that you think the friendship is over, but I think it is probably for the best. You don't need the stress at this point in your lives or at any time really!   Focus on the people who are happy for you and who are supporting you. They deserve it most! 

As you can see, I think most of us (if not all) have some wedding drama to share!!!    Like @TinkerSofi said, we even leave a lot of it off the boards.   I can say I had some trying moments - ones I have openly shared here and some not.  But the main one I always bring up is the one of my 'so called' bestfriend.  The one I couldn't wait to plan my wedding with, but the one who never talked to me about my wedding, who gave lame excuses when I asked her to be involved, blah blah.  I haven't talked to her in over a year, and I don't miss her at all.  I hate for that to sound rude, because it's not meant to be, but I don't.  I have focused on my true friends and that's all I need in my life..... real friends and family.

Good luck!!!

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#12 Wafflesmom

• 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:43 PM

@perianjay I'm so sorry to hear that you and Chester are going through this. Someone who is as selfish, inconsiderate and rude is not needed in your lives so just consider it a blessing. I know that's easier said than done but if he can't be happy for the two of you during such a big moment in your lives, then I echo everyone's sentiment in that you guys are better off. I'm so glad Chester spoke to him and removed him as a groomsman. He would've caused you two a lot more stress in the long run.

Hugs to the two of you
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

#13 dreamweddings

• Insiders w/ Articles
  • 603 posts
    • LocationPlaya Del Carmen

Posted 17 July 2015 - 02:48 PM

Hi ladies,

Wondering if any of you had some bridal party regrets? We're about 5 months away from the wedding now and my FI's picks for his groomsmen are leaving him and I both with bridal party regret. He has a number of friends that he's been closer with in the past year or two, but he chose his 'original' group of friends to stand beside him on his big day. It seems that since asking them, they have done absolutely nothing to make themselves a part of our big day or even really care very much. One of them has been nothing but rude since then and has even gone as far as leaving my FI out of invites with friends etc.

I can't help but think sometimes that weddings and people's happiness can bring out the worst side in people. Right now my FI is on the verge of telling him that he is no longer in the bridal party, but I think he fears that it will create drama with the rest of the group since they are all close friends.

What do you ladies think? 

Sending tons of hugs.

Destination wedding/wedding in general will teach you true colors about friends.   The sad part is this is not uncommon, lots of brides go through the same situations or worse.   Let go of people who make you feel drained and not celebrating with you and your fiancee in this beautiful journey.  Those who matter will support you and be there for your big day.

Happy Planning!

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya- We pay attention to your wishes and coordinate closely with you to ensure your wedding or event is planned to perfection! Supporting you brides and help you feel less overwhelmed during the wedding planning process.

Have fun the best is yet to come!

This is where I will be posting all videos about most common question about Destination wedding

:)  https://www.facebook...64036763874450/

Dream Weddings Riviera Maya

Happy Planning!

#14 pjay

• 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationToronto

Posted 18 July 2015 - 07:25 PM

@snswedding2016 Wow! I'm so sorry to hear about your situation :( I get that not everyone can commit to a DW, but it definitely still hurts when people don't do everything that they can do to make it (Chester's parents are our example of that - they made every excuse not to make it to their own son's wedding). I just keep trying to think positively about it, but I will admit it.. it's not easy when there's so much pressure and planning etc.

@calgarybride2015 You're completely right. A few days have passed since.. we've had some time to cool off and I feel like a weight has been lifted off of our shoulders. It was one thing we kept talking about and the pressure was totally building with the situation. Now that there's a solution, I feel relieved. I really didn't want anyone at our wedding who was pretending to be happy for us. 

That's too bad about your best friend :( I feel slightly sad about my situation as well.. one of my best friends who is my MOH was so willing to help in the beginning and I haven't heard anything since. It's pretty upsetting.

@Wafflesmom I totally agree. He wasn't being a supportive friend to Chester and I felt hurt for Chester. He doesn't deserve that because Chester is truly one of the most selfless and caring people that I know. It upsets me that his friendship ended over it, but i'm pretty sure it's for the best after we had a few days to digest what happened. We feel at peace with it.

@dreamweddings aww thank you! It's so true.. we've definitely seen some true colours. I keep telling my FI that it must be a blessing in disguise.

My planning thread :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users