• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tonya8655

• 3 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 6, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 14 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

Newbie here planning a wedding August 6, 2016 at Dreams Los Cabos. I am having the hardest time deciding my wedding colors, and decorations. You would think this would be one of the easiest things to decide, but for me it's not lol  So any suggestions or pictures are welcome please  :)

#2 ashhtayy

• 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 14 July 2015 - 05:01 PM

@Tonya8655 i don't think it's the easiest thing to decide at all! i feel so much pressure to make the right decision so that our day is as beautiful as possible.

i still haven't chosen our wedding colours. all i know is it will be fairly neutral. no bright pinks, blue, orange, purple, etc. likely blush pink, soft greys, white and MAYBE a little bit of gold sparkle.

sorry - i'm no help but wanted you know know you are not alone.

try pinterest. so many different directions you could go. good luck!

#3 Sarahop81

• 34 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:47 AM

I'm going to go with a pink for sure.  Just not sure which, either magenta for a bolder color, or soft pink.  I have the colors in photos below.  I just don't want blue.  I love the color, but since we're doing beach, I've noticed some blue bridal parties blend in too much w/ the water.  

A girl I know got married in Mexico and has her bridesmaids in long soft rose colored dresses.  They got married later in the day and the sun was going down so her wedding was very 'romantic.'  I think the rose and silvers or golds is very pretty as well. 

#4 KatieMcBride

• 122 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 15, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Riu Caribe, Cancun

Posted 15 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

I think pastel colors are great for a beach wedding!  I agree with the Pinterest suggestion. You'll spend many hours there....haha.

#5 Tonya8655

• 3 posts
    • Wedding Date:August 6, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos
    • LocationAlabama

Posted 15 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not the only one finding it hard to decide colors :) I will def. start looking at pinterest for ideas.

#6 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

I went with fuchsia off the hop because it's my fave color!! But at the time I didn't realize you could have as many colors as you wanted lol. As time went on I added orange and turquoise. I did the whole bright colors cause that screams ME but all I'm saying is -- use as many colors as you love. Some times I wonder what I would have done different had I have realized I could have an entire palette early on :) My colors would be the same I'm sure but I may have used them differently !!! (Ie invites)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015, 15 July 2015 - 04:00 PM.

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#7 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
    • 3,070 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 06:31 PM

Welcome to our forum community, Tonya8655, and Congrats on your upcoming Dreams Los Cabos wedding!!!

Our magnificent Mayan Riviera is already a lovely backdrop for your wedding ambiance, as you can see in these magical wedding moments that matter below. However your own decor items can also add a wonderful personal touch.....hope it all works out just the way you envision - or Even Better!!!

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                          100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

#8 pjay

• 1,791 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
      • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
      • LocationToronto

Posted 20 July 2015 - 10:20 AM

Maybe try choosing a palette of colours? It's pretty common now to go with multiple shades. My wedding has blush, coral, champagne/gold and hints of mint. You can probably find a lot of inspiration on Pinterest as well! :)

My planning thread :

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users