• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#501 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 19 July 2016 - 09:16 PM

Gorgeous! So glad you could let the little things go and enjoy your wedding. So happy for you!!

Some 1.5 years later our wedding is still a topic of discussion and an event people want to duplicate (minus a wedding of course). It's a once in a life time that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#502 deecol

• 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:28 AM

@ashhtayy I'm so happy I popped on here to see your review!  I was wondering how everything went!

Your pictures are beautiful and I'm so happy to hear everything went so well despite a few bumps in the road.  Congrats again girly!!! xo

My Planning Thread:

#503 ashhtayy

• 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 27 July 2016 - 07:00 AM

@calgarybride2015 @deecol Thanks ladies!

#504 acw271011

• Moderators
  • 3,123 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 02 August 2016 - 08:59 PM

@ashhtayy  Omg Ash - you were one stunning bride!! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!! You have some beautiful keepsakes there for sure! I loved your review! Very well written! Definitely something for future brides to look through and I know they'll be able to take something away from it that will help them with their own wedding!

Way to go girl! I'm hardly here at all. Just so much going on that gets in the way. I would LOVE a meet up! Hopefully some dates can get thrown around and something worked out!

I did say it before but again, congrats on being a Mexico Mrs! Everything looked fabulous and even with the hiccups it sounds like it all went great!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#505 ashhtayy

• 607 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:37 AM

@acw271011 Thanks Ann! We loved everything about our wedding day and talk about renewing our vows all the time :) I couldn't be happier we choose a destination wedding.

Hope all is well with you and would love to meet with you ladies again! Summer's crazy busy but perhaps we can squeeze something in in September or October.

#506 LeanneP

• 27 posts
  • Wedding Date:March 7, 2017
  • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

@ashhhtayy - Thank you so much for taking the time to document your wedding planning journey. Everything, and everyone, looked stunning!

I am getting married at the Azul Sensatori next March and will be referencing your post throughout the process. I have a totally different colour scheme but may use some of your etsy vendors and will probably steal your/Jasmin's tumbler label design! Is that Wally bag up for another adventure? It might well end up being the BDW Toronto mascot! LOL

I read your entire thread this weekend (51 pages!!) and will definitely be giving the end a second read right before leaving. You did a wonderful job of handling the hiccups with grace and a level head. I will use your post to remind me "not to sweat the small stuff".

I have debated starting my own planning thread but am not sure if time will permit. Like you said though, it's nice to have all of your ideas in one place and have the wonderful ladies of BDW there to guide, support and hold you accountable. I may have to reconsider my own thread!

Congratulations and once again, thank you!!! Glad your big day was all that you had dreamed it would be.

Edited by LeanneP, 06 August 2016 - 01:20 PM.

#507 ashhtayy

• 607 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 05:16 AM

Hi @LeanneP,

Thank you for your kind words.

I have to say the tumblers were not a hit with our wedding group. Everyone said they loved them but no one used them - myself included lol Some people have sent us pictures with them using their tumblers at home so hopefully they weren't a complete waste of money :)

I would 100% do key lanyards or key holders if I were to plan another group trip. It was always a bit of a hassle digging out your card from your beach bag. When planning I thought no one would use those but in hindsight I'd say they're even more practical. Something to maybe look into if you haven't already. I've read a lot of girls got theirs off of eBay. Pretty sure @deecol did that so check out her thread if you're interested.

I'm actually returning the Wally bag to its owner today. I'll mention to her that someone else is interested in borrowing it - not sure if she has plans for it at all.

I started my planning thread really early thinking it would keep me on track. It sort of did lol I was a big procrastinator. There are a lot of little things that I didn't even post on here because time got away from me. It's fun to show off your DIY projects and so helpful to get the other ladies opinions. I swear I talked to more people on the site about our wedding, especially Jasmin because we got married at the same resort days apart, more than my girlfriends. This community is great. Destination weddings are so different and it's very helpful to have the input from ladies in your same situation with the same struggles, etc.

Thanks again and enjoy your planning :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users