506 replies to this topic

#401 ErisMcclure

ErisMcclure
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:24 PM

I like this post.

human hair wigs

african american wigs

Edited by ErisMcclure, 29 March 2016 - 10:26 PM.

#402 deecol

deecol
    • 787 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:26 AM

@ashhtayy Your dress looks beautiful on you!  You still have a bit of time so don't worry too much just yet - I'm sure everything will be perfect! 

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#403 krystalball

krystalball
    • 227 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 9, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya

Posted 30 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

Sorry I've been so MIA lately! 

Congrats on being a legal Mrs and pulling off the surprise ceremony. I'm sure your family was over the moon to have been there.

Too bad that your dress fitting didn't go as planned, but hopefully the next one will have the translator and you can get rid of the pointy boobs, lol. My dress was the same way so I feel you on not wanting to look like you're in a Madonna video for your wedding day  :P

Hope you find a perfect belt at a great price somewhere - maybe etsy? Always hard to order things like that without seeing it in person, but I've heard of other brides going that route with success. One shop that was recommended on facebook was www.etsy.com/shop/lolaandmadison (but I'm sure there are others).

Oh, and for the record - I don't think you need any wigs, lol

event.png

#404 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 30 March 2016 - 04:49 PM

Congrats on being a MRS :)
    Your dress is gorgeous! I had an Asian seamstress who could speak English and she was blunt so maybe a translator ain't a bad thing :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#405 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts
    • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Azul Fives

Posted 31 March 2016 - 05:28 AM

@cruisebride2016 The consultant started pinning me and then went to get the seamstress who removed every pin the other lady had placed lol They actually never even started the bustle on mine - maybe because they needed the length completed first?! Not sure but fingers crossed they figure it out soon. They were supposed to call Tuesday or Wednesday to firm up my next appointment but haven't. I'll try them tomorrow.

@deecol Thanks Dee. Can't wait for alterations to be completed and to see the final product :)

@krystalball You have a very good reason to be MIA - you leave SO soon! :) Thank you - our at home ceremony was perfect. Wouldn't change a thing.

I'm glad someone can relate to the pointy boob issue lol Madonna was exactly who I thought of and not the look I was going for haha

Thanks for the etsy link. I've been searching on there but like you said, it's scary to purchase something like that without seeing it. I think Saturday morning I'll go downtown and see what I can find. Sash & Bustle is have an accessory sale so fingers crossed.

You made me LOL. Again with the wig links - I think that's the third time on my thread. I GET THE POINT haha

@calgarybride2015 Thanks Kim! I have no ties to this shop and it's no where near my house so if the next appointment is a bust I'll just take my dress elsewhere. I had in my mind that because I bought the dress there, they would take more pride in the alterations and that's why I didn't mind making the drive. Not sure that is the case. We will see next appointment.

#406 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
    • 667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:06 AM

@ashhtayy you dress looks gorgeous!!! Sending good vibes for your next alterations appointment! Your day is coming up so quickly!! 

How has the communication been with AF? Any improvement??

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#407 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 11:10 AM

@snswedding2016  Thanks Steph!

Communication with AF has not gotten any better. I am thankful I selected a lot of options early on so its just the little things that are left now. I have been reassigned to a new WD who is onsite at AF. The email said I should hear from her in the next two weeks. So far no one replies to my emails; ie. no one is monitoring my wedding ID right now. I have a few questions and adjustments (they overcharged me for a few things) so I guess I will need to call and have that taken care of. Frustrating but not the end of the world.

Final Numbers

These are ALMOST in. We had some booking drama with one of the groomsmen but thankfully that has been resolved. Our guest count right now is 47 adults (all paid in full!!). We have 2 last minute bookings pending. The couple has the quotes and our TA is just waiting on them to make a final decision. 

Maracas

We ordered coral and white maracas from Amols.com. I think these will look pretty on the tables and be a nice Mexican take-away from our wedding. They've already shipped and should be here mid-next week. I will post pics when they arrive :)

That's it for updates!

Edited by ashhtayy, 01 April 2016 - 11:11 AM.

#408 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 05:06 PM

Oh! I'm all over for work and I keep popping into Dollarama's buying two tumblers here, three there, and today (2.5 hours north) the store had an unopened box of 24 in the back! Finally the search for tumblers is over. All we have to do now is get the stickers.

@calgarybride2015 - You used Davet Designs on etsy, right? If you were to do it again, would you order from them? Did they hold up perfectly or would you have tried DIY? Thanks :)

Edited by ashhtayy, 01 April 2016 - 05:06 PM.

#409 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts

Posted 02 April 2016 - 05:28 AM

Bridesmaids Dresses

They're in! My MOH is going to pick all the dresses up and bring them to my shower next Sunday. After the shower we're going to have a little fashion show and decide if we want to leave the cap sleeves or have them removed. Next thing is shoes for the girls :)

#410 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,505 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

I would do it again. Yes shipping was pricey but they are top quality. We used them all week in Mexico in the sand, pool and ocean. They've been washed by hand and in the dishwasher and still look new :) I tried to make my own but realized I was far from crafty. Retailers in our city were too expensive. I'd say just do it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users