506 replies to this topic

#321 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 05 March 2016 - 12:56 PM

I think you can buy medical insurance at any time and through various sources (your credit card, bank, CAA/AAA, etc.). It's the trip cancellation insurance (which often includes medical) that has to be purchased in advance. 

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#322 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 05 March 2016 - 02:00 PM

@vancouverpetunia Thanks Erin. Did you include this information for your guests? I'll look back on your thread to try and find your wording.

#323 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 05 March 2016 - 05:09 PM

@vancouverpetunia Thanks Erin. Did you include this information for your guests? I'll look back on your thread to try and find your wording.

No, I mentioned it in an email and on our web site, but nothing really detailed.

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#324 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 04:34 PM

Guestbook Map arrived today!

Flowers are in Canada now so they should be on our door step soon too! :)

Attached Files

#325 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 120 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:25 PM

@ashhtayy Guestbook map looks great!

event.png

#326 Jasminr3803

Jasminr3803
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 10, 2016
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 09 March 2016 - 04:09 PM

Hiii,
@ashhtayy
I am new to this website but I couldn't help but notice our weddings are a few days apart!!! I am getting married June 10, 2016 at the beach front gazebo. Like most of you all I have a lot of questions too! Reading through this thread has helped. I am bringing all of my own decor since I found they charged a ridiculous amount of money for simple things. Look forward to chatting with you.

Jasmin

Edited by Jasminr3803, 09 March 2016 - 04:19 PM.

#327 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 07:50 PM

@Jasminr3803 Hi Jasmin - welcome to the site! You can find almost everything on here :)

Very exciting that our weddings are only a few days apart. We're at the resort from the 3rd until the 17th so we will likely being seeing lots of each other. We're sitting at 53 guests right now with final payments due on the 28th. How many guests do you expect?

Tell us more about your wedding! What's your colour scheme? If our colour schemes are similar I'd be happy to share :) Some of the rental prices are outrageous so bringing your own decor is a great way to get what you want at a more reasonable price. I'm starting to get super excited!

@cruisebride2016 @perianjay Our flowers arrived today! Too bad we weren't home and have to go pick them up tomorrow :( $46.89 customs fee too. Ew! I'll post pictures tomorrow as soon as I get them home.

#328 cruisebride2016

cruisebride2016
  • 120 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 13, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Jamaica during Western Caribbean Cruise
  • LocationCalifornia, USA

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:34 PM

@ashhtayy Glad your flowers made it to Canada, but boo that they were not able to be delivered and that you have to pay so much in customs. You make me feel lucky to live in the US and not have to pay the customs on top of the base price. Looking forward to seeing your pictures!!

event.png

#329 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 09 March 2016 - 08:46 PM

@ashhtayy oh really? I honestly didn't pay any customs fees so I'm shocked!

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#330 Jasminr3803

Jasminr3803
  • 12 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 10, 2016
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 10 March 2016 - 04:49 AM

@ashhtayy we will be at Azul fives from June 6 through the 12. We are then switching for our "honeymoon" to el dorado royale from the 12 to 18. We are looking at 40 guests. Rsvp's are due back April 1. Since my final head count is due on the 11th.
My colors are mint and Coral. You are so right about the rental prices lol. I ordered my flowers through etsy because the cost of real ones was ridiculous and I couldn't imagine paying so much. I'd be happy to share my stuff as well. It seems like time is going by really fast. I'm really excited but nervous too...mostly about making sure I don't forget anything. Custom fees are no fun! I can't wait to see your flowers I will send a pic of mine when they come in too. Ps what are you doing for favors/ welcome bags? Sorry if you already mentioned this I haven't read the entire thread yet.
I will be having a beach reception. The lanterns surrounded by 4 votives will be my center pieces.
The larger mason jars with the candles I'm using to line the aisle at the ceremony. I initially wanted floral arrangements but the quotes were outrageous. I also added the chandelier to my gazebo and the white runner with rose petals. I'm so happy to have found this site. :)

Jasmin

Attached Files

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users