• Please log in to reply
506 replies to this topic

#271 snswedding2016

• 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:18 AM

@Kjmenden I have to say I'm quite appalled by your post on @ashhtayy's personal planning thread but for the sake of etiquette on this forum I will keep a lot of my personal opinions to myself. I really don't understand the purpose of your "review" being posted on someone's planning thread. All it is doing is causing panic for those already booked, planned and excited about their big day. As mentioned before it is essentially a rant (with not a lot to back it up) that offers no suggestions or solutions for future brides except to not book there. I guess future brides are supposed to ignore the numerous (real) positive reviews on Azul Fives and trust this negative one based on....? I'm not quite sure. Every story has 2 sides.

I was married at Azul Fives one month later and pretty much had the exact opposite experience in every aspect. We had the best time and truly loved not just the wedding but the resort itself. No, I'm not an inside blogger, I do not work for Karisma or Azul Fives and yes, I was a real bride who had an amazing wedding there (check out my planning thread if you need proof). I'm not alone and there have been several recent brides who have loved it on this forum (like @TinkerSofi who was married there in August). We also attended the BDR and had a fantastic time...it seems to me that you maybe had unrealistic expectations that were not clarified at the BDR or in your pre-planning stages.

I am sorry that you did not have a great experience and that it got in the way of enjoying your big day. You are entitled to your own opinion but I don't think it's fair to try and scare off future brides by posting it on their personal threads. 

Edited by snswedding2016, 15 February 2016 - 11:25 AM.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

#272 ashhtayy

• 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:33 AM

@snswedding2016 @deecol @perianjay

I seriously love you ladies. Thank you for the ongoing support. I will not let her rant upset me, bring me down or discourage me at all. Our wedding will be beautiful - I have no doubt!

For future brides that may be reading this thread, I promise to provide a full review post wedding and try my best to include as many details as possible. If something does go awry, I promise to offer advice as to how to avoid the situation and move forward so that you can enjoy your day. I think we'd be crazy to expect any wedding to go flawlessly and sometimes, especially with a DW, you have to roll with the punches. Some things are not only beyond your control but beyond the wedding coordinators, the resorts, etc control and you just need to smile and move on. I truly do think that with the right attitude and realistic expectations everything will work out for the best.

Edited by ashhtayy, 15 February 2016 - 11:36 AM.

#273 calgarybride2015

• 4,504 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 15 February 2016 - 04:49 PM

It's interesting. If you scroll up to Jan 26 in Ashley's planning thread this lady posted a first time. Was an odd post given she obviously didn't read anything to know all the bookings were done, etc. none the less from what I can see she's only posted twice and on this thread. Probably just looking to stir sh*t. Don't let it bug you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#274 ashhtayy

• 607 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 05:02 PM

@calgarybride2015 She also private messaged me on the 26th & I didn't reply. She really wants me to know how bad her wedding was lol

Edited by ashhtayy, 15 February 2016 - 05:02 PM.

#275 Wafflesmom

• 948 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

Oh don't even worry about that post! I'm sorry she had a bad wedding experience but it is not fair to you to just say negative things and not offer any solutions! @snswedding2016 just had her wedding and everything looked fabulous. I'm certain yours will be just as fabulous
My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...anuary-23-2016/

#276 ashhtayy

• 607 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 08:54 PM

I put this off FOREVER because my last spray painting adventure was a complete disaster. This time around, after ruining one mason jar, the others turned out alright. It's hard to tell in the picture but they are metallic gold. I stopped after four just in case I was ruining them but I think I’ve got it figured out and will finish the last 5 tomorrow.

The plan for our guest tables…

-       White table cloths with champagne coloured sequin table runners

Table Runner

-       Gold mason jars to hold flowers (using bridesmaids bouquets – ordered one extra so I would have one for each table)

Final Bouquet
Mason Jar - Before & After

-       Multiple metallic votives on each table

Gold Mercury Votive

-       Multiple clear votives on each table

Clear Votive

-       Table numbers: white rustic frames with gold number and blush background; not purchased yet

Potential Table Number

I am patiently waiting for my flowers to ship (scheduled for February 24th) so that I can see everything all together. I’ll make sure to take a photo once I have everything assembled on my dining room table ;) I think I may need more décor for the guest tables but I want to wait until I see the flowers to make that decision. If you think I am missing something, feel free to chime in :)

#277 pjay

• 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

Looks great so far! I definitely think you will have enough decor on your tables. I had more than enough especially once I added in the maraca favours. The mason jars look great!

My planning thread :

#278 vancouverpetunia

• 668 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 15 February 2016 - 09:43 PM

Wow! I sure missed some excitement here. But enough said on that topic. I think your centerpieces will be great! They are simple & elegant. Please post when you have the flowers, etc.  :)

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#279 ashhtayy

• 607 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 10:22 PM

@Wafflesmom thank you!

@perianjay remind you a bit of your wedding? I warned you along the way - I loved everything you did! Thanks for the feedback (& inspiration) :)

@vancouverpetunia yeah, the party was here this afternoon - we missed you! haha I will absolutely post a pic. I'm so excited for them to arrive.

#280 yycbride2016

• 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

@ashhtayy your rings are so amazing! They look so good together too! Glad to hear the marriage license process is easy. We are doing that tonight! I was just going to say check out la vie en rose. I bought 2 bikinis there a weeks ago and they are a great sale! 2 bikinis for $34. I love the champagne glitter table runners! So classy and Fun! Those flowers will look amazing in the gold mason jars! And the table numbers are super cute too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My planning thread 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users