506 replies to this topic

#231 vancouverpetunia

vancouverpetunia
  • 670 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire, Riviera Maya, Mexico
  • LocationVancouver, Canada

Posted 25 January 2016 - 09:56 PM

I'm breaking away from the group (therefore likely being unhelpful) #2 first and then #1. But they are really similar and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Really pretty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

- Erin

My planning thread: http://www.bestdesti...2016/?p=1893268

My Now Sapphire review: http://www.bestdesti...riviera-cancun/

#232 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:20 AM

@deecol @acw271011 @vancouverpetunia @calgarybride2015 - thanks for you suggestions. I don't know why making such a simple decision is so tricky for me. I wish I could be like Mike and just pick one and that be that.

Tally (including my mum & girlfriends)

1- III
2- IIIII
3-I
4-II

To be honest this is how I pick my meal when I'm at a restaurant too. Wait for everyone else to pick them go from there lol

#233 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 26 January 2016 - 05:53 AM

I agree with Erin, they are all so similar you can't really go wrong with either and since you've done your tally looks like 2 is it :) :) I'm trying to picture you picking a meal this way heheheh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#234 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:13 AM

Hi. I prefer no. 2 personally but all look lovely xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

#235 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:18 AM

I like number two the best. I really wanted Brunia berries in my bouquet, but by the time I had decided that it was too last minute. :(

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#236 Kjmenden

Kjmenden
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:22 AM

Hi @ashhtayy
    just had my wedding at Azul Fives on December 5th and I have a lot of feedback I can give you in terms of expectations of the resort and wedding team and how things actually run based on my experience. Have you locked your wedding in yet? Also since your wedding is smaller have you considered the possibility of booking through the hotel direct? I'm not sure if that's possible but we noticed a lot of specials running online periodically. The unknown rates thing seems a little odd to me but maybe you should consider a different travel agent. Let me know any other questions you might have....my experience was not stellar with Azul Fives but I think if my expectations were lower I may have been a little more prepared for how things were actually going to run throughout our wedding experience.

Edited by Kjmenden, 26 January 2016 - 06:23 AM.

#237 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
    • 667 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016

Posted 26 January 2016 - 10:50 AM

@Kjmenden are you from the US? I think the online specials are more geared towards the US brides/guests. Rarely is there an online deal that beats the Canadian packages with the flight included. I checked them...a lot hahaha trying to find any other specials I could use. 

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#238 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 03:05 PM

Number two has taken a strong lead. Thanks @maybeoneday & @perianjay!

Cake topper arrived! I'm too scared to remove it from the packaging so this is the only pic I can share until it shows up on our wedding cake :) Etsy Vendor: BashandCoParty

We also booked an officiant for our at home legal ceremony. We're still working out the logistics but we will be legally married in our new home March 26th (2 months today!) around 5PM. It will be a surprise for my parents and brother as well as Mike's mom and nonna - hopefully they don't find this forum first lol After the surprise wedding we will head to a local restaurant we love for some delicious food and drinks!

Attached Files

#239 pjay

pjay
    • 1,791 posts
    • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
    • LocationToronto

Posted 26 January 2016 - 06:44 PM

Woo! I we surprised my parents too.. It was pretty funny. I had the officiant coming to their house. I got there and they were doing yard work haha. Then my dad was disappointed because he thought the surprise would be me telling them I'm pregnant. Ohhh man hahaha

My planning thread :
    http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#240 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
    • 607 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 07:37 PM

@perianjay Super cute idea to have the surprise at their house! I can already imagine what my dad will say - "Okay, so are we still going to Mexico? I don't understand this whole thing".

Hi @ashhtayy
    just had my wedding at Azul Fives on December 5th and I have a lot of feedback I can give you in terms of expectations of the resort and wedding team and how things actually run based on my experience. Have you locked your wedding in yet? Also since your wedding is smaller have you considered the possibility of booking through the hotel direct? I'm not sure if that's possible but we noticed a lot of specials running online periodically. The unknown rates thing seems a little odd to me but maybe you should consider a different travel agent. Let me know any other questions you might have....my experience was not stellar with Azul Fives but I think if my expectations were lower I may have been a little more prepared for how things were actually going to run throughout our wedding experience.

I'd gladly receive any feedback you have to offer. Our wedding is June 7th, 2016 on the Sky Deck. We are in Canada and booked using a travel agent back in March. Our guests were required to pay their deposits by June 7th, 2015 in order to obtain the group rate we secured. It seems as though we don't get any perks because of the deals we get on combined flight + hotel. The only bonus we did receive because we used a GI certified TA is a credit that can be used towards the spa, photography or a cocktail party. We have opted for the spa credit for my wedding hair and makeup.

If you don't mind sharing, what specifically were you unhappy with in regards to your wedding at AF? On-site coordinator? Flowers? DJ? Photography? Food?

Oh! @perianjay - I ordered all my other runners (I couldn't wait) and just checked the tracking number - they're set to arrive tomorrow! :) I thought I would have to wait until Friday to see them but they've shipped quite quickly. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users