506 replies to this topic

#221 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:59 PM

@deecol I'll be sure to send you the sample pdf once I get our first draft. They're busy so it could be anywhere from 2-3 weeks. I actually decided to go with a different etsy vendor. I loved HereAndThereShop but in the end it was going to cost us much more than we wanted to spend. We saved about $60 by going with MissDesignBerryInc. Did you show Colin the etsy shop? I basically took variations of each design we liked and asked her to create something special for us. I still have asked it to look exactly how I outlined in a previous post. I also think you should look at TheOliveTreeDesigns. When Mike moved to Ontario I had something made from her shop. I'll post a pic. Even if you don't use something like this for your guest book it's a great keep sake. I'm going to order another one with our wedding date and Mexico in the heart :) Super inexpensive too.

I can't remember - is Colin's suit linen? We will check that location! Thanks.

@acw271011 & @deecol & @vancouverpetunia thanks for the compliment on the bands. Sometimes simple wins. We love them. I tried on another band because I think I had convinced Mike that I should have one for our legal wedding but it just didn't look right. The combination was all off. I'm not done looking but I think I may be happy with just my e-ring and one wedding band.

Attached Files

Edited by ashhtayy, 18 January 2016 - 09:07 PM.

#222 maybeoneday

maybeoneday
  • 204 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 14, 2015

Posted 18 January 2016 - 10:40 PM

@ashhtayy
You are doing do well with your planning (sorry just trying to catch up with everyone's threads). I love the e-ring and the band...beautiful!

So glad your fianc├ęs family can be at the legal ceremony ...It will be really special xx

Maybeoneday
14 /10/2015 - R R C, Mexico

#223 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:47 AM

@ashhtayy hahah, oh men. I'm lucky that I have a guy who loves to shop and who loves expensive things (for better or worse haha). I still ended up scanning a bunch of things that he didn't agree with, and vice-versa. His response was, well, if we don't ask for the good stuff now when are we going to do it? Plus, we get 10% off for a year on the stuff that people didn't get us, so we kept in mind things and price ranges that we would be able o afford later on.

We needed absolutely everything since neither of us lived on their own, so that made it a little easier. Our registry ended up being 12 pages long! I had a lot of fun doing it, but I definitely did what the assistant told you. I added a bunch of things in store but then I found similar products for half the price on their website, so I added those and deleted the very expensive items. Just make sure you have a bit for every price range. Don't take it too seriously, after all it's just a wish list, but it doesn't mean you're going to get all those things ;). A girl can dream right?

I really like your rings, and I like the idea of engraving it. I was going to do the same, but in the end we decided to take that money to Mexico and spend it there. The wedding plus a move in the horizon kind of limited our funds haha. Maybe for our first year? I think it's a very cute idea, and useful, you know, for those moments when one of you forgets your anniversary date but you're too afraid to ask bahahah (in our case that would be Juan :P

event.png

#224 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:58 PM

@maybeoneday Thank you so much!!

@TinkerSofi Thank you! They're actually engraving our rings at no extra cost so there was no number crunching there :)

#225 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

Opinions please! 1, 2, 3 or 4...

Attached Files

#226 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 25 January 2016 - 04:50 PM

Hey @ashhtayy! They are all so similar but I think I'm being drawn to #4... #2 would be my second choice. I love the babies breath mixed in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by deecol, 25 January 2016 - 04:51 PM.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#227 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:05 PM

OMG. I just asked Mike...

A - "Which one do you like best?"

M - "They're all the same?"

A - "No, look closely; they're all slightly different".

M - "Oh, yeah! Hrmmm I like #1".

A - "Why?"

M - "It's...captivating?!"

LOL so helpful! :)

@deecol thanks! i have no idea...

#228 deecol

deecol
  • 787 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 30, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Coba, Riviera Maya, Mexico

Posted 25 January 2016 - 05:59 PM

Haha I showed Colin too and he said they all looked the same too! Lol

event.png

My Planning Thread:

http://www.bestdesti...6/#entry1904529

#229 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 January 2016 - 07:27 PM

3 or 4 for me
And haha are we surprised at the men's response? :P

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#230 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 25 January 2016 - 08:30 PM

ha @deecol You and I have the same taste, but in reverse! @ashhtayy I vote #2 first then #4  Guys just don't follow flowers.... lol

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Mexico, Planning Tips

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users