Ashhtayy's Planning Thread - Azul Fives - June 7, 2016

Hahaha my husband was the same or cracked a lame joke. Like he wanted to wear banana hammocks when I'd ask about his attire. It's funny now but not so much back then.

I also agree that I love the second one better and feel you will have an easier time finding those colors. The flowers are all beautiful too.

Who knew belinis didn't have to be frozen. I like those frozen type drinks!!! And I also didn't know they were Italian!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 2

@@ashhtayy

I love these color schemes. I also agree that the 2nd one had a more romantic feel. I think as long as you aren't like me and trying to stick to one specific color you will find it way easier to find items in that color pallet. I ended up opening my color up to more variations of the color (teal) because it was so hard to find everything in the exact same color. I think the colors you found should be pretty easy to find items in. I like to just do searches on Etsy and eBay for decor in X color. Might be helpful.

I actually think, looking up rose-like colored deocrations, you could go with a very minimalist look (which is great for transportation and budget). I think you could do lots of soft flowers on the tables and down the asile. It would be really simple but elegant!

d484b308511c01470e7eb75434a3360e.jpg

pretty-pink-ball-rose-hanging-decor_pink

table-decoration-modern-image-of-accesso

@@calgarybride2015 haha the banana hammocks reminds me of my FI. When the color sample came in for our groomsmens ties he said they were going to be stripper ties (because he really knows what kind of ties a stripper wears hahahaha). So I told him that he can wear a speedo and this tie for the wedding. Easy! haha He only thought they looked that way because they are satin and have a shine to them. But he refers to them as "sparkly" haha. Men!

Edit:

I realise what I've posted now is a little more "pink" than what you originally posted, but same type of concept in going minimal with soft flowers, etc.

Edited by yycbride2016
  • Like 1

I don't know if the bellini is frozen, I didn't even see it on the sheet haha. I hope the sangria is good and I would imagine that it's the red one. I'll ask when I get there how it is and I might change my mind haha. 

@@snswedding2016 @@calgarybride2015 @@yycbride2016

thanks for your input on our potential colour schemes. i think i like a combination of the two - perhaps gold, champagne and blush. we'll see! it isn't unreasonable to think i will change my mind 15 more times before committing lol so many decisions!

@@TinkerSofi i checked our "sky wedding ceremony package" sheet and it says: sparkling wine, traditional mojito, bellini, blue lagoon, mango mojito, sangria or mango margarita. if the bellini is not frozen, i'm out! mike is interested in the mango margarita, frozen bellini and the sangria...ah, no decision yet :)

• Like 2

I love the Rose, blush and hold colour palette. I think it looks romantic and really elegant! But I'm a bit partial to pink since it's my favourite colour. Lol

And yes, bellinis can be of the non-frozen variety. It looks more like a small glass if champagne and is a really nice drink. It would go well with the second colour palette

• Like 2

@@Wafflesmom exactly - it HAS to match. again, mike DID NOT agree when i told him that. "it's a drink - who cares what colour it is as long as it tastes good!"

thanks for your input as well. don't get me wrong, i like pink but i am not a 'pink girl'. blush looks so beautiful and romantic though. i think i will ex the rose and go with champagne, blush and gold with a pop of greenery in the flower bouquets and centre pieces.

• Like 3

@@ashhtayy if Mike really wants something with the Canucks, maybe a special "groom's cocktail" that's blue and green? Or I've seen brides put a small pin or character on the wedding cake just to surprise their groom lol aside from that, blue and green definitely does not match your colour palette. Sorry Mike lol

• Like 2

@@ashhtayy if Mike really wants something with the Canucks, maybe a special "groom's cocktail" that's blue and green? Or I've seen brides put a small pin or character on the wedding cake just to surprise their groom lol aside from that, blue and green definitely does not match your colour palette. Sorry Mike lol

@@Wafflesmom you are such a better fiancé than me lol I'm going to remember this post but am not going to share the idea with Mike haha he would insist this happened.

You are right though. It would be a great surprise for him that he and half of our guests would enjoy. The other half are die hard leaf fans like myself; maybe I'll have to incorporate both the Canucks and Leafs! Decisions, decisions!

• Like 3