Ashhtayy's Planning Thread - Azul Fives - June 7, 2016

AH!! I haven't been on here much, but I do come back here periodically just to check and see how your wedding went.

I have so many tears in my eyes going through your review and i'm in LOVE with how your wedding turned out - everything looked AMAZING.

You were such a gorgeous bride, Mike looked dapper as ever and the photos turned out amazing. You have made me miss my wedding day all over again.

I really hope that we can meet up sometime soon so that I can hear more about it in person!

Ps. Jessie and the Rippers?! I DIED at that part and that song is definitely in my head now.

• Like 1

@@ashhtayy your day looked gorgeous!! I'm rarely on here now as well but decided to log on today...I was so excited to see your review posted! I'm really happy to hear the set up doc helped! You did a great job with just going with the flow and it all turned out beautifully despite the minor hiccups! So glad you guys had an amazing time!!!

I agree with @ we definitely need another drinks night!  :)

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 2

@ Thanks for popping in to check on how are day went :) I know what you mean - I miss our wedding and our wedding weeks so so much. Mike always jokes that he wants to get divorced so we can remarry and do it all over again.

I think one of the best parts when looking back, besides the actual wedding, is how well everyone got along. It was incredible. 40% of our group had never met (half from BC and half from ON) and there are quite a few of them who are in contact post-vacation. After our guests left we had servers and bartenders telling us how awesome it was to see an entire wedding group out together all the time - we were so happy to hear that from staff that see weddings all the time. I remember you saying something similar - about how your group all got along - they made it easy for us to spend time with 50 people. I rarely had to pick who to spend my time with because everyone was together. I loved it so much and felt so lucky!

I have your wally bag so if you need it before we schedule a TO meet-up, let me know and I'll bring it to you. Summer won't work for a Friday get-together but maybe early September...?!

@@snswedding2016 Thanks Steph! Your set-up document helped me, helped the wedding coordinators and helped my girlfriend that was double checking that everything was perfect. Made everything so much easier all around :)

Early September Friday meet-up!? We should start looking to lock down a date soon or else it won't happen.

Talk soon!

• Like 2

Gorgeous! So glad you could let the little things go and enjoy your wedding. So happy for you!!

Some 1.5 years later our wedding is still a topic of discussion and an event people want to duplicate (minus a wedding of course). It's a once in a life time that's for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@@ashhtayy I'm so happy I popped on here to see your review!  I was wondering how everything went!

Your pictures are beautiful and I'm so happy to hear everything went so well despite a few bumps in the road.  Congrats again girly!!! xo

• Like 2

@ashhtayy  Omg Ash - you were one stunning bride!! Your photos are absolutely gorgeous!! You have some beautiful keepsakes there for sure! I loved your review! Very well written! Definitely something for future brides to look through and I know they'll be able to take something away from it that will help them with their own wedding!

Way to go girl! I'm hardly here at all. Just so much going on that gets in the way. I would LOVE a meet up! Hopefully some dates can get thrown around and something worked out!

I did say it before but again, congrats on being a Mexico Mrs! Everything looked fabulous and even with the hiccups it sounds like it all went great!

• Like 1

@@acw271011 Thanks Ann! We loved everything about our wedding day and talk about renewing our vows all the time :) I couldn't be happier we choose a destination wedding.

Hope all is well with you and would love to meet with you ladies again! Summer's crazy busy but perhaps we can squeeze something in in September or October.

• Like 1

@ashhhtayy - Thank you so much for taking the time to document your wedding planning journey. Everything, and everyone, looked stunning!

I am getting married at the Azul Sensatori next March and will be referencing your post throughout the process. I have a totally different colour scheme but may use some of your etsy vendors and will probably steal your/Jasmin's tumbler label design! Is that Wally bag up for another adventure? It might well end up being the BDW Toronto mascot! LOL

I read your entire thread this weekend (51 pages!!) and will definitely be giving the end a second read right before leaving. You did a wonderful job of handling the hiccups with grace and a level head. I will use your post to remind me "not to sweat the small stuff".

I have debated starting my own planning thread but am not sure if time will permit. Like you said though, it's nice to have all of your ideas in one place and have the wonderful ladies of BDW there to guide, support and hold you accountable. I may have to reconsider my own thread!

Congratulations and once again, thank you!!! Glad your big day was all that you had dreamed it would be.

Edited by LeanneP

Hi @@LeanneP,

Thank you for your kind words.

I have to say the tumblers were not a hit with our wedding group. Everyone said they loved them but no one used them - myself included lol Some people have sent us pictures with them using their tumblers at home so hopefully they weren't a complete waste of money :)

I would 100% do key lanyards or key holders if I were to plan another group trip. It was always a bit of a hassle digging out your card from your beach bag. When planning I thought no one would use those but in hindsight I'd say they're even more practical. Something to maybe look into if you haven't already. I've read a lot of girls got theirs off of eBay. Pretty sure @@deecol did that so check out her thread if you're interested.

I'm actually returning the Wally bag to its owner today. I'll mention to her that someone else is interested in borrowing it - not sure if she has plans for it at all.

I started my planning thread really early thinking it would keep me on track. It sort of did lol I was a big procrastinator. There are a lot of little things that I didn't even post on here because time got away from me. It's fun to show off your DIY projects and so helpful to get the other ladies opinions. I swear I talked to more people on the site about our wedding, especially Jasmin because we got married at the same resort days apart, more than my girlfriends. This community is great. Destination weddings are so different and it's very helpful to have the input from ladies in your same situation with the same struggles, etc.

Thanks again and enjoy your planning :)

• Like 1