Hi, we are planning to get married at Barcelo Maya in June 2016. We don't know where to start to be honest. How do we go about booking our date without paying for our whole trip upfront? Do they accept deposits for the wedding? Please help, I want this to not be stressful but it seems it's going to be.

Thanks

Kirsten and Chris

Do you have a travel agent yet? Have your received your trip quotes yet? I would start there to make sure it is in your budget for the time of year you are looking for, if so then I would inquire with the resort about wedding date availability. Where are you based out of? I'm from Canada so we book our flight and hotel package as one. When we booked our wedding we put down a deposit with our travel agent. Our deposit held spots for the bride and groom as well as 30 seats on the plane and 15 rooms at the resort. If you want to hold more you would need to put down extra deposits. We also put down a deposit with the resort to secure our wedding date. Our deposit was $200 for Azul Fives - not sure how much it is for Barcelo. I would imagine something similar.

Have you checked out this thread? http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/16876-barcelo-maya-palace-brides/page-464

I'm sure the Barcelo brides will have lots of info to help you out! Happy planning!! :)

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 2

@snswedding2016  Well done! That's a fantastic answer!  @KirstenChrisDW2016  Our bride to be is absolutely correct with the info she gave you! The first recommendation is always if you don't have a TA, definitely look into working with one! They will become your new BFF as you go through your planning journey! The TA will help you make your final resort decision based on what you want and don't want, your budget and the number of guests travelling with you. They will help with your guests questions rather than them asking you and will also provide information on flights if you're in the US, or package questions if you're in Canada. Congrats on your engagement! Planning a destination wedding really doesn't have to be stressful, however keep in mind that you are working with a foreign country and things move a little bit slower there than here! As well, you will have your initial contact with your resort (whichever one ends up being your final choice) and then your contact will likely be intermittent or limited until just a couple of months before your wedding. Don't panic! The wedding coordinators (WCs) at the resorts know what they're doing, and are well versed in putting together a fabulous wedding! Try and put your questions into emails in such a way that it makes them easy to answer and absolutely keep all of your communications!

Good luck and happy planning!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey Kristen, just checking in to see how you're doing and whether you've found any answers yet to help with your dw planning questions? There are so many great resources here, it's sure to help you find your way :)

To show you what a gorgeous backdrop the Barcelo Maya makes for your wedding photos, here are some magical moments that matter we captured there recently......enjoy!!!

.....from our Barcelo Maya Colonial Wedding Album:

11054385_10153183987754487_7185985408347

11046690_10153184004769487_8689562114379

11037580_10153184008359487_8227028225076

11083789_10153184015564487_8541521226727

11103112_10153184020979487_1874146031311

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team mtm :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Kristen,

I am not sure if you already booked it or not but I also am planning on marrying there this June! The process has been easy and smooth with the wedding planners and they were flexible on me finding a photographer outside of the resort! If you still are looking for one I highly recommend visiting  www.OctavioMontes.com. He was cheaper than the resorts photographer and the pictures are great quality! I have changed my mind about what I need for that day many times and every time he gladly works with me and re quotes me. I hope you enjoy your wedding!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to our forum community, ChelseaDuchene and Congrats on your June wedding at the beautiful Barcelo Maya Resort!!!

Also congrats on choosing your professional photographer, Octavio Montes - well done! He has great reviews on this website as you can see at this link: Octavio Montes reviews

It's such an important part of your plans - so good on you for having made that choice so well :)  You're sure to enjoy the wonderful photo record he creates of your Wedding Day Celebration for the rest of your lives - Priceless!!!

Wishing you an equally smooth and wonderful planning process for the rest of your decisions - team MTM :)

Cheers!!! from our MTM Blog posts:

e89d55_7e148ba4eaa54d46854a5a8626b58904.