Grand Sunset Princess & Platinum Yucatan Princess Wedding

Oh I'm so happy I found this thread! I'm getting married here on May 5th! We opted for the Ocean Gazebo because we really wanted to get married in the sand. Do any of you guys know if I need to book at the resort salon super early for our hair, or do I have time to do it? When my WC sent me the form to fill out to book at the salon, it made me think I have to do it ASAP!

Hi @doonajo88

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  So happy to hear you are going to be getting married at the Princess.

I was in the same boat as you.  I wasn't sure if I was going to have a friend do may hair or have the resort salon do it.

In the end I made an appointment when I arrived.  I just walked over to the spa and made the appointment.  My wedding was at 4pm and my hair app was for 10:30 and make up I had done around 1pm.  

I just realized that you are getting married on cinco de mayo!  how fun!:)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @doonajo88

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!  So happy to hear you are going to be getting married at the Princess.

I was in the same boat as you.  I wasn't sure if I was going to have a friend do may hair or have the resort salon do it.

In the end I made an appointment when I arrived.  I just walked over to the spa and made the appointment.  My wedding was at 4pm and my hair app was for 10:30 and make up I had done around 1pm.  

I just realized that you are getting married on cinco de mayo!  how fun! :)

Excellent then I'm glad I still have lots of time to decide on this! And yes, we kind of planned it that way :) we thought it would be fun and an excellent anniversary every year!

@@donnajo88

Congrats on your wedding! We are getting married May 6th at the Sunset Gazebo! Maybe we will see you down there! Let me know if you find out any tricks or tips!

Oooo very exciting! We just might! As for tips and tricks, I haven't found any yet. We are trying to figure out what we are going to do for dinner. We are currently at 40 people + a few kids and have the Mexican a la carte booked, which they said they would allow 45 people. But if any other people book (we are past our deposit deadline now) we have to decide if we want to pay the extra thousands of dollars for late comers. What are you doing for dinner?

Hi Ladies,

Getting married June 2016! Does anyone have any pictures of the 3 different areas you can get married?  From my understanding you have the 2 gazebos and then the oceanfront?

I don't want this to end up costing an arm and a leg, since we are also doing something back home for people who cant make it.  What are the options you have for after the ceremony?

• 7 months later...

Hey everyone I'm new to this form, but I'm enjoying reading everyone experiences. We have our wedding booked for April 25 2017 at the sunset gazebo. We are in the process of looking for a photographer and I'm looking at using the styling trio for hair and make-up. Just wondering if any of you know about the vendor fee for photography if the resort charge a fee for each photographer if you have 2 from one company or if they charge just 1 fee? The fee is 200$ correct? I have read on here that the resort only allow outside photography, has anyone used outside hair or make-up?

• 4 weeks later...

@@Brit13

I was married here on March 31st. It was awesome :)

I had an outside photographer (dean sanderson and adrian Hernandez) from Dean Sanderson Weddings as well as a videographer  (Claudia) that Dean hired for me (She did an AMAZING job on our video) and it is a $200 fee per person in your photography party. I had three including my videographer so I had to pay $600. They don't allow outside hair/make up on the resort so I went offsite for mine. Rose by Dahena did my hair and make up (airbrush), they were awesome, even accommodating a last minute addition of a bridesmaid's hair and I definitely recommend them! They have a salon in Playa Del Carmen if you wanted to have your appointment there.

hope this helps and if you have any other questions just ask :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brides!

I am looking for some information. I currently have the Grand Sunset princess booked for 2017. The ceremony is in the ocean gazebo. I'm wondering if anyone has had a private dinner/ reception on the beach and if so what they're experience was. Any other advise/ suggestions would be great Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 6 months later...

Hi everyone!

I realize this thread is a little dated but hopefully the past brides still check in once in a while:)

I'm considering renting from Love and Lace but Im wondering if any past brides had issues with the resort? I feel like so many brides have probably rented from Katy that they realize now where my décor would be coming from :( 

I just don't want to rent a bunch of stuff and then be hit with a big fee from the resort (Im getting married at the Grand Sunset Princess)

Any brides have any experience with this?

thank you :)