Finding A Wedding Location Hard Rock Riviera Maya?

mlklovestory716

Hi Guys,

Does anyone have any new experiences to share with Hard Rock Riveria Maya?  I was initially booked for HR Punta Cana for July 16, 2016 but with all the politic issues happening in DR we have to change our location. Does anyone have advice, pictures, referrals that will help me in making my final decision? We were told we would receive our wedding deposit back if we stayed with the Hard Rock franchise...any help or suggestions would mean the world to me.

Sincerly,

Panicking Bride To Be

Hi MLKLovestory,

Hard Rock Riviera Maya is an amazing property! They have many wonderful spots for the wedding ceremony, a great private lagoon, and all the fun aspects of Hard Rock are there.. from things like foam party in the pool to the opportunity for you and your guests to record your own sound track.

The resort is quite large.. something for everyone from the Heaven section adults only to family friendly sections. The rooms have the great Party like a Rock Star decor and the property just in general is very up beat and a fun place to be.

We at Wright Travel work often with weddings there and would be happy to help and discuss with you more.. click the link to be contacted and a Wright Travel Agent can talk with you. Here are a couple photos from when I toured the resort last month

Best regards,

TA Wendy

post-216154-0-94839500-1435853959_thumb.jpg

post-216154-0-76960700-1435853973_thumb.jpg

post-216154-0-09012000-1435853990_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Hi @@mlklovestory716, I just got back from our Honeymoon at the HRRM last week, and we loved it there. I'd say it isn't for everyone - it's definitely more of a "party" resort, so if that's your thing then it's perfect, but if you just want it to be quiet and relaxing during the day, it might not be your cup of tea. But since you had your wedding booked at another Hard Rock, I'm sure that atmosphere is already what you're going for! Definitely stay on the Adults Only "Heaven" side  - it's a whole resort in and of itself, with it's own restaurants and everything, but you can easily take a golf card to the family "Hacienda" side.

As for the wedding itself, we watched one take place on the beach.  It was really pretty and nice, except I felt like it would have been really loud, since it was right by the adult pool, and it was early enough in the day that there was still a lot going on.  On the other hand, the beach is situated lower than the pool, so maybe the noise doesn't travel as far. You also deal with gawkers at your wedding (such as myself, oops) but I think that's the case anywhere with any beach wedding.

Another thing to keep in mind is that it has sort of a "man-made" beach.  Like you can see in the picture, there's a break wall and then kind of a natural pool (where there are actually a lot of fish!) This could be a good, bad, or neutral thing depending on your preferences, as long as you go in knowing it's not your typical Riviera Maya beach. For us it was a good thing - we had dealt with so much seaweed at our wedding resort that it was nice to have a pristine sand beach! 

IMG_5413_1.jpg

Hope this helps! :)

• Like 2

Ladies,

I'm cleaning house And selling and giving away tons of gently used and brand new wedding items. PM me if interested or have questions.

Thanks,

* White Sheers/Fabric for gazebo or alter

* Decorative Hangers (Bride, Flower Girl, bridesmaid, junior bridesmaid)

* White Moroccan Lanterns for Centerpieces (stunning! Will make a statement with these)

* White petal table overlays (gorgeous)

* Victoria Secret bridal tank & Just married tank (perfect for photo op)

* Mexican Fiesta decor items (serapes, small colorful lanterns in assorted bright colors perfect for a welcome party or event with a Mexican theme).

* Vera Wang Hayden bridal gown (perfect for garden/ beach ceremony or Trash the dress).

* Sand ceremony picture frame box

* White Floral backdrop curtain (use as alternative to the crystal curtain and gorgeousness!).

post-282290-0-65640200-1435864215_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-94401100-1435864232_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-31742700-1435864272_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-55477700-1435864299_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-79276300-1435864318_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-17502600-1435864335_thumb.jpg

post-282290-0-92759500-1435864353_thumb.jpg

Welcome to our forum community, mlklovestory716, and Congrats on your dw next year!!! as you can see there's lots of great advice, support and ideas from everyone here :)

Wishing you happy research, and all the best with your plans - cheers!!! team MTM :)

....here are some magical wedding "moments that matter" Linc captured in our magnificent Mayan Riviera - to inspire you further, taken from our Cover Photo Album - enjoy!!!

11700881_10153435265859487_8330476870717

11334252_10153357324994487_6025654323044

11103069_10153184070849487_3637473111533

Edited by Moments That Matter

Thank you ladies I'm nervous about the reviews I've seen for this resort vs. Punta Cana. The rooms, the man-made beach, even the pics of the ballroom have me on edge. I just can't seem to pass up the resort credits you receive which I see as an amazing perk. Does anyone have other hotel suggestions in the Cancun/Riveria Maya Mexico area? I seem to be in love with all of the adult only resorts but I'm looking for something kid friendly for the children taken part in the wedding.

@@rachelia160 thank you so much for the response. its hard to find anyone that has actually been there for a wedding. How were the rooms? The reviews have me really uneasy about choosing the resort. I'm looking for something all inclusive, family friendly, beautiful water, and have that hip edge but still classy/elegant.

@ i think that's why im so nervous with it being a new resort and all. i am a very detailed oriented bride and between the not knowing much of anything about the property and the reviews I have seen I'm on edge. do you think your friend would  have any insight that she can share?

@TA Wendy thank you do you have any pics of the wedding locations? the ballroom? how were the rooms? they seemed a bit tiny in the pics. Anything you could share would mean the world to me.

@TA Wendy thank you do you have any pics of the wedding locations? the ballroom? how were the rooms? they seemed a bit tiny in the pics. Anything you could share would mean the world to me.