Photo

Looking for band in the RM?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#11 ask9999

ask9999
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 04:36 PM

Can you tell me approximately how much La Mata cost? Thanks.

#12 harv0136

harv0136
    • 137 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 10:13 PM

Simistar,

What type of music did the band play? I am looking for something fun and upbeat during a cocktail hour. Do they have a song list? THanks!

#13 Simistar

Simistar
      • 645 posts

Posted 19 September 2009 - 09:09 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by harv0136
        Simistar,

What type of music did the band play? I am looking for something fun and upbeat during a cocktail hour. Do they have a song list? THanks!
        Yikes... you know what...I don't really remember!:-)
        We just told them to play whatever they wanted... I mean, we gave them some specific songs to play during the ceremony (walking down the aisle, etc)...but we weren't really too concerned with what they played as long as guests enjoyed it...
        I know...that's not very helpful, sorry

I will say -- all our guests raved about the band later...

You could try e-mailing the mexijill@hotmail.com address (Jill is American so can read/speak English :-)) and ask her for a song list...?
        My guess is she'll just ask you what songs you want and then they'll play them... they seemed very easy going that way...

I should warn you though...sometimes it takes a couple days to hear back...she's kind of on "Mexican time"...but not as bad as the resort WCs seem to be, lol:-)

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful... that day was such a whirlwind I just can't seem to remember the music :-)

#14 harv0136

harv0136
        • 137 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

I just checked with Kiko and Carlos band and they are over $900 per hour! Plus they have a 2 hour minimum. I'm sure they are great and well worth the cost but I just cannot afford that since I am also having a huge at home reception. Bummer.

#15 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
          • 279 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 28 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

Anyone got info on booking a mariachi band for a wedding ceremony? I tried to contact Ajua Weddings but they won't help unless they are planning the whole wedding.

#16 EmenGeeRoxx

EmenGeeRoxx
          • 279 posts
          • Wedding Date:January 19, 2010

Posted 19 October 2009 - 04:22 PM

Still looking with no luck

#17 laura4ever

laura4ever
          • 89 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 08:48 PM

We just booked Kiko & Carlos for our wedding...dont use our name as we havent paid yet or signed the contract, but I would say they are slightly flexible on the price...but not the 2 hour min

On that note they want the full payment up front...for anyone that used them before is that the normal practice...I told them I am happy to wire them the 1/2 up front that they requested, but would like to pay the other half day off....thoughts? I feel as though they are annoyed by this. The WC told me it was common to pay upfront in mexico...ohhh that makes me nervous

#18 delauren

delauren
            • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 07:19 PM

One more I'd like to throw on this thread - .:Adagio Cancn:.

They literally have a band for every style you can possibly think of and if they don't have what you're looking for, they will come up with it. Very professional, very talented.

#19 YrishCathe

YrishCathe
              • 31 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hello,

I just booked LaMATA band and I'm very excited. I haven't seen any reviews on them but I'll be sure to post it after my wedding. I'm getting married 10/10/10!!! From their samples and videos they sound amazing. They're the band that play at Senor Frog so they have to be good!!!

Mrs.2Be

#20 wedding decor

wedding decor
                • Banned
                • 109 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 05:06 AM

Balance definitively the bes tband on the RM - we always use them for our clients

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users