Photo

Veils online?

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Leticia

Leticia
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:34 AM

so the place i bought my dress from charges like $125-250 for veils! yikes. my dress was already over budget. can anyone suggest a good website to get veils from? thanks!

#2 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:56 AM

i got mine custom made here, as have a few other people ... OccanseyDesigns.com - Custom Wedding Veils

#3 DLyteful

DLyteful
      • 879 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 01:47 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by AnnR
        i got mine custom made here, as have a few other people ... OccanseyDesigns.com - Custom Wedding Veils
        Thanks for sharing Ann!

#4 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
        • 298 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

I was thinking of making my own veil to match my gown. Michael's arts and crafts store sells everything you need at low prices. The tulle, ribbon, comb, fabric glue and rhinestones. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

#5 RiuBride2b

RiuBride2b
          • 298 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:14 PM

I was thinking of making my own veil to match my gown. Michael's arts and crafts store sells everything you need at low prices. The tulle, ribbon, comb, fabric glue and rhinestones. I will let you guys know how it turns out.

#6 DLyteful

DLyteful
            • 879 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 02:28 PM

i went to the occanseydesigns.com site and I dont even know where to start.... I guess it doesnt help that I really dont know what i want. The site has TONS of options.

#7 1elephant

1elephant
              • VIP Member
              • 15,998 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 03:22 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by DLyteful
                i went to the occanseydesigns.com site and I dont even know where to start.... I guess it doesnt help that I really dont know what i want. The site has TONS of options.
                i did the same thing - it's certainly overwhelming...i think i picked out the style that i'd like, but i dont even remember what my dress looks like so i can't pick a design yet...i may send her a picture of the details when i get my dress and tell her to have fun...

#8 *JillD*

*JillD*
                • 5,112 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:27 PM

I bought mine on ebay. In fact I bought 3 on ebay, lol!

They were all decent quality for what I paid for them. The funny thing is that I never ended up wearing a veil because it was too windy at my resort, I really loved my veil, its so pretty, and now its hanging in my closet until I sell it.

#9 Birdie07

Birdie07
                  • 1,218 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 05:36 PM

My sister made her own veil also. She just bought tulle and a comb and a few pearls and zoom it was done. Also when I bought my veil I just bought a blusher for 20 bucks and the seamstress lady said if I bought 2 she would sew them together for 10 bucks instead of spending 100 bucks on a veil. So that would be a cheaper way also. And if you want beads or something those are super easy to sew on.

#10 Leticia

Leticia
                    • 259 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

i went to the website too! they had sooo much! i don't know what would be best.

my mum offered to make one, which is really sweet,BUT i'm worried if i don't like it i would dtill be obligated to wear it. does that sound mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users