• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Karryl

Karryl
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:49 AM

I really wanted to do a welcome bag for my guest list of 18 that's going to Jamaica and a Oh Sh%t kit. However bags are costly then I feel like u need enough items to fill the bags. Which will include items they don't really need and wasted space in my luggage. I also live 15 hours from my family so I can't get others to carrier them or hand them out earlier.

So next best thing is to do miniature canvas bags and use iron-ons to complete the look. They turned out great!!! No bag will have the same contents. Everyone will get the "airline ticket" of the weeks plans, q-tips, hand sanitizer, band-aids, floss, wedding party koozie. I found some cheap baggies that self sealed to put everything in. Then others will also get a flask, and joke gifts that the person who receives will understand. Like a PT test, condoms and so on. Each item will have a sticker with a funny note to them.

Attached File  image.jpg   112.42KB   12 downloads
That's what the bags look like as u can tell they are not that big. Perfect for an Oh Sh%t kit.
Attached File  image.jpg   89.02KB   11 downloads
That's what the bagged items look like. One thing I like about them is the fact that they are not zip lock bags. And here are what the stickers will look like. I haven't picked up the sticker paper yet so it's printed on normal paper.
Attached File  image.jpg   133.08KB   12 downloads

Edited by Karryl, 07 June 2015 - 05:56 AM.

#2 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:26 PM

@Karryl

Those look amazing! And what a great idea to customize each one for all of your guests! Very cute! I'm only making them for our wedding party thank goodness. But even that felt like a lot of work, I can't imagine how much work personalizing them is! Good for you.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#3 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:40 PM

I like those! What a cute size! And really, just big enough for putting a few important things into!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#4 Karryl

Karryl
  • 7 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:19 AM

Thank you ladies. I think they really turned out nice. Plus everyone likes miniature items right lol.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Guests, OOT Bags, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users