Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

RW definitely did have a bridal line from what I can find. But I'm not sure that they still do. I also found J Crew a bit expensive and somewhat limited in selection. Leaning towards David's at the moment. You really can't beat them for the options they have available and at reasonable cost. Plus my BMs and I live in 3 different cities so can't all go to the same store. At least at David's we are all looking at the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by vancouverpetunia
  • Like 1

@@vancouverpetunia

Yeah I'm with you on the David's Bridal dresses. There are 2 dresses in color Oasis which are absolutely perfect for what I'm thinking. Only thing is they are $160 and I really dont want to ask them to spend that kind of money since it is costing them $2000 to come to our wedding :( If worst comes to worst I'll just subsidize the cost for them and make it more affordable. 

My other option is a dress on etsy:https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/230249962/full-length-convertible-bridesmaid?ref=favs_view_10

I might just buy it for myself and see if the color is right. If it is then I'll tell them to buy it, if its not then I just bought myself a cute dress haha. Its kind of a win win situation haha. 

A couple of ladies here have bought the convertible dresses from etsy and they were super happy with them. They also very reasonably priced. I think they got it from a store called the daintyard on esty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi

Yes I looked at that store but the teal was more of a jade so I think i'm going to go with a different seller on Etsy. I just went through reading all of the reviews and they were so positive. People had their dresses within 3 weeks and worked great for all sizes. The one I'm looking at is $60+$30 for shipping. But the only catch is the larger size is $80+$30shipping. :( I might subsidize the $20 difference for the girl who needs the larger size to make it fair for everyone.

• Like 1

So I went and picked up my prints for my invitations last night! Ahh! I'm so excited. You guys have no idea how nervous I was. I think there is an added pressure when you design your invitations yourself. I was so nervous I had made a mistake or had typos or printed an old version of them or something. While Kyle was reading over them I was so scared he would find something. Luckily he said they were great! I had them printed at staples and it was fantastic. I droped them off Saturday and picked them up Monday! They even gave me a $20 discount which helped so much! Id recommened looking for coupons when getting invitatoins done. I'll post a picture of them once I've put them together (there's a lot more work that will go into them: ribbon, starfish charm, glue, etc.)

HomeSence was terribly placed right next door to Staples.... I made the mistake of going in haha. They have a whole beach theme going on right now. I could easily spend my entire wedding budget there! I found two cute little teal/turqoise jars that I can put some candles in as table decorations. They also have starfish plates that I might have to go back and buy tonight before they sell out.

I found the almost exact same jar at Bath & Body works this weekend for $25, at HomeSence it was $8

Decorations 1

I had previously bought one of these tiny vases at walmart last summer for $1 to put inside a silver vase in my bathroom for a pop of color. So I bought some more this weekend since they are small and the right color.

Decorations 3

Decorations 2

I am going to have people instagram our wedding. (I'm addicted to instagram but only post fitness stuff on mine so this is a fun way to incorporate it. I picked a #Hashtag (but i'm not sure if I'm going to use it. I'll have to keep an eye on it to make sure it doesn't get used before our wedding). I'm going to print it off and put it in this cute picture frame I got last night:

Picture frame

instagram

I've now realized.... I'm dangerous when it comes to finding decorations and everything. Someone is going to have to stop me before I get out of control haha. I'm sure I'll be bringing a spare suitcase as well as everyone else will be bringing little bits and pieces.

Also... I bought 1 dress from Etsy that will hopefully be my teal convertible bridesmaids dress! It will take 3 weeks to get here so I'm super excited to check it out. They come in 2 sizes: S-M and a Plus size. 2 of my bridesmaids can try on mine and see if it fits and if they like it. The other girl lives out of town and will need the plus size. But at least I'll be able to get a good idea if I like it or not! So excited!

• Like 4

Everything is looking great. I was the monster when it came to decorations, and then reading people's planning threads didn't help haha, so many fun ideas out there! My suggestion is to keep in mind that you have to bring all this stuff down there. That stopped me many times from buying extra things.

• Like 2