Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

Omg a week away, already? Oh I'm so excited for you! Yay, another wedding to stalk lol

No need for mini freak outs. Your pile looks so organized, and I love your spreadsheet idea!

As for the resort makeup, I agree with everyone that they can be a miss at times. But I'm pretty sure @@calgarybride2015 got hers done at the resort and it was beautifully done. I'm not skilled in doing my own hair and makeup so I knew right away I was going to have that done professionally. Honestly, the best updo I can do on my own is a ponytail lol. I can't even work the bun rings! I didn't want to take a gamble with the resort so I made sure to hire a company I could trust. And honestly, I loved Styling Trio. But that's me and I didn't have other brides like Kim whose opinion I'd trust. And I will add that it was nice to be pampered.

Oh and those lashes are awesome! I agree with everyone that whichever way you choose, you're naturally beauty so you can't go wrong either way.

• Like 3

@@yycbride2016 I laughed when you mentioned throwing other brides under the bus lol Telling Mike other brides had more stuff is definitely something I will point out too haha

All the photos I've seen of you doing your own makeup look amazing. You've practiced so hard and will nail it if you decide to do it yourself. I wish I had your talent - I'm an eyeliner, mascara and touch of eye shadow girl. Been doing my makeup the same since elementary school. How sad lol

I think I remember a post where @@calgarybride2015 was taking about shoe box sized containers but I can't remember where you or Kim got them. Perfect size for your luggages and so easy to keep organized. Oh, and I'm also curious about those waterproof phone cases!

Good luck with your busy week! You'll be on a plane in no time!

• Like 4

OMG, you're getting so close!

Your welcome packages look great, especially the waterproof cases. I'm sure your guests will really appreciate those. I had been meaning to order something like that and it completely fell off my radar. What vendor did you use?

In terms of makeup, I based my decision on the review from @calgarybride2015 (and the fact that I haven't seen any recent negative reviews on the resort makeup team). I decided I'll get mine done at the spa and am paying for my bridesmaids to have their makeup done as part of their gift.

I think the fact that you have done your own makeup trials at home is a bonus - you can bring them the pictures of yourself done up the way you like and let them re-create it. I think it's totally ok to bring some of your own items that are tried and tested and then ask them to use those instead (especially the eyelashes). Of course I'm sure you'll look great whatever you decide to do, so don't let it stress you out  :)

• Like 2

Thanks @! I am in love with false lashes these days! They change up any look so quickly. And I will definitely use the Laura Mercier powder! So nice and it works like a charm! So glad to hear the airport won't be as intimidating as I once thought haha.

@@snswedding2016 I can't believe it either! It crept up so fast!

@@deecol that's so good to hear! I'm glad it was a good time for you' agreed, false lashes are a must for a wedding I think! Really pumps up the glam for any look!

The waterproof cases I bought on eBay. I would recommend searching waterproof phone pouch. You can buy them in sets of 10. Some of the postings are for large phones like the iPhone 6plus and some smaller.

@@vancouverpetunia yeah the pile wasn't as bad as I once thought it would be

@@Wafflesmom I know right!! It's here! It's finally here!! Agreed. @@calgarybride2015 review on every thing was so helpful and I trust her opinion.

@@ashhtayy I know it's so funny how we have to justify things with our men haha.

@@krystalball thanks, I'm glad to hear someone else is doing the resort makeup, helps make my decision a little easier!

UPDATE!!!!

Today was one of the most hectic crazy and emotional days so far! Got up to get my eyebrows threaded, then had a quick Starbucks with my mum before our nail appointment. Then got a mani pedi and I'm so happy with how it turned out! post-283167-145594854604_thumb.jpgpost-283167-145594855445_thumb.jpg

Got home and then my amazing fiancé made me a quick lunch while I did my legal wedding makeup. I had about 20 min to get things together. Then I was out for my wax, then to buy last minute sandals and some darker concealer haha.

Got home and had 20 min to get ready to head out again! My hair wouldn't curl so that sucked. But we headed out to my Inlaws for our legal ceremony! post-283167-145594867574_thumb.jpgpost-283167-145594868437_thumb.jpg

The ceremony was so beautiful! It was so much more than I expected. The officiant did such a beautiful job. And of course I was a hot mess of tears. Which means I will be even worse on Tuesday haha.

Now we are in a mad rush packing and getting our house in order for kyle's cousin to house sit and watch 4 dogs in our house.

We are headed to the airport at 5am tomorrow! Looks like I will probably just seep the whole way!

Also got a couple last minute decor things done too: post-283167-145594885893_thumb.jpgpost-283167-145594887192_thumb.jpg

Off we go!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Oh god I'm so far behind.... I'm sooooo sorry!

Congrats on being a Mrs!!! I'm so glad it went well!! Everything looks absolutely goegeous! You've done so much work! It will all be fantastic and you will be a stunning bride!!! I love the nails!! Great glitter!!! lol we ladies do love our bling!!

You'll be in the air now while I'm posting this but now you have to relax and........ BREATHE!!!!! It will be fabulous!! Take it all in. Enjoy it!! Can't wait to see pics and hear all about it!! Have an awesome wedding week and a beautiful wedding day! I know it will be everything you dreamed it would be!!

• Like 2

Congrats on your legal marriage!!! I hope your wedding week is more than you ever imagined and more. I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait to hear everything and truly hope you have a great experience :) love the nails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3