Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

Oh Kyle's jaw will definitely drop when he sees you, you're gorgeous!! Good call on getting your sister's opinion on the chest area. And make sure you bend over in front if her to see if it's loose. And definitely a good idea having her practice tying the corset! Especially since practice makes perfect ????

@@calgarybride2015 yeah I think my sister should be able to help me out. I'm not even sure if they will "fall out" haha it's that I'm not very chesty and there is a lot of empty space in there. The dress is a much bigger dress size than I normally am so the cup size is proportionate to that. Also, I don't have a bustle because I got the majority of the train cut off so I didn't have to worry about it haha

Thanks @@snswedding2016 I'm so in love with my dress. I want to put it on every day!

@@Wafflesmom thank you!! I'm hoping he will be completely shocked! And I agree, my sister needs to check it out now, I want to feel comfortable in my dress on the big day.

Thanks @! I think I'm totally going to look into the chicken cutlet option. I told my mum that the other day and she was so confused hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I finally bought my wedding jewelry! I was going to just wear a bracelet and matching Swarovski earring Kyle got me for my bday but I saw these on Etsy and wanted them haha. I got the necklace with a dropped back, matching earrings and bracelet! I'm excited to see them! post-283167-144562606068_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

@@yycbride2016 Your dress looks beautiful! I'm so happy you found her (specifically your dress lol)! FI's always know the perfect things to say, right? Glad he tried making it better by helping you contact your alterations lady :) The jewelry will look amazing too!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ok update time (I know I've been MIA again, this new job is kicking my butt!) 

We are finally into the double digit countdown! I took a picture when my countdown was at 99 days but forgot to post because we are actually at 94 days now! I'm so excited yet so nervous! It's coming so fast! 

Countdown

I got my cake topper a few weeks ago and its so sparkly its a little hard to read so hopefully it will work in mexico. Cake toppers were so expensive so I opted out of going for the starfish mr & mrs one I originally wanted. But this one still had a nautical theme so I think its pretty cute!

Cake topper

I also finally got my wedding jewelry!! Its so sparkly its not even funny! I LOVE it! It has a string of pearls ending with a crystal down the back which I think will be gorgeous with my dress. I got earrings, necklace, and bracelet all for just under $100, so I think thats a pretty good deal!

Jewelry

Today was super productive as well!!! We planned to get our groomsmen's suits and we got them! Yay! I forgot to take a picture though.. of course 

Ok so that ^ above was clearly old… We are now down to 64 days :S I started to write that post and then life got hectic once again. 

So as I was saying we had a super productive day where we bought our groomsmen dress pants and vests. They look super sharp. We tried on multiple different pants and vests. I really wanted a vest that had a pocket on the chest for the pocket squares I bought for the groomsmen but these were such a good price that we just couldn’t resists. Pants plus vests came to about $90 each! We stopped into the store the weekend before black Friday and the store manager was helping us and told us he would give us the Black Friday deal a week early! It was so nice of him! We told our groomsmen that they needed to buy a dress shirt themselves and pay for any alterations since we wanted to pay for their suits as a gift. 

Groomsmen pants

Groomsmen vests

Once we were finished with the groomsmen Kyle and I decided to go back into the store and look at a suit he was eyeing up. We hadn’t intended on getting his suit for a few more weeks but since it was a good deal again we went for it. A little background behind the suit. Kyle is trying to gain weight and put on muscle right now. He has actually gained 13lbs  now so he’s really pumped on that (normally he struggles to put weight on). So the manager at the store (Tip Top Tailors), told us that if he gains enough weight that the pants or jacket or vest are too large for him that if we keep the tags on he will just swap them for the correct size when we bring them in to get tailored at the end of January. So for those couples who the groom is looking to gain or lose weight this is an awesome option! We are so happy with that outcome. We also found Kyle a nice black tie with a hint of teal in it in the black Friday sales the following week. We are so happy things have come together. 

Kyle suit

Kyle suit & vest

We still have lots we need to complete though. I am going in for a dress fitting again tomorrow (Monday the 21st). I’m just unhappy about the chest (or my lack there of). I want to bring it in and see if the seamstress can do anything about. Not sure if she can take it in or add “chicken cutlets”. 

Kyle and I celebrated our 5th year anniversary up in the mountains back in November and that was so nice to get away from all the stress of work, planning the wedding, working out, etc. We had a wonderful weekend that got us really excited to get married! 

I’ve been really good about my working out lately. I’m 11 days into my brand new program called The Masters Hammer & Chisel! Its a weight lifting/ body weight cardio styled workout program that is 60 days. I’m cutting it pretty close with the wedding being only 64 days away and 49 days left to go. That means I have to be diligent over the xmas break! 

I have a lot planned on my wedding to do list for the xmas break. Since my family won’t be coming to visit me this year I should hopefully have more time to get things done. My list:

• Find/buy/make wedding vow books
  • Dress alterations
  • Figure out a sound system for our at home reception
  • Finish buying decorations for our at home reception (IKEA)
  • Organize all wedding decor to make sure we have enough
  • Start communication with the resort
  • Pick excursions for the trip
  • Sort something old/ new/ borrowed/ blue
  • Test photo booth tech
  • Book honeymoon (Hawaii)
  • Book my future appointments (mani/pedi, eyebrows, wax, massages, ect.)
  • Make another 6 twine wrapped wine bottles

I will report back post xmas with how much I actually accomplished over the holidays haha. Might not be as much as I had hoped. 

Have an amazing christmas ladies and gents. I hope santa is good to you and your families! xoxo  :)

• Like 3

Glad everything is coming together. 64 days will fly by!!

Your jewelry is gorgeous and will look fantastic with your dress :)

Great deal on the groomsmen and groom outfits and that's awesome TTT will adjust sizes if need be. Makes it less stressful.

I think your cake topper is fabulous and the more sparkly the better :)

Your to do list is manageable. Enjoy your holiday!!!