My planning thread 

event.png

#272 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:05 AM

Ahhhh! I'm officially 6 months away from our wedding day!! I feel like things are going smoothly and I'll have some stuff to update everyone on soon. I'm working on a few crafts like our diy ring box! Now I want the next 6 months to fly by! I'm getting so excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#273 KBGWedding

KBGWedding
  • 1 posts
  • Wedding Date:April 12, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Mayan Beach
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 23 August 2015 - 11:14 AM

I'm new to this site, but loving your posts so far! It's funny we have such similar stories. We also had a hard time with not so awesome travel agents. We are heading down in April 2016. Can't wait to see how things work out for you!! I'm finding it difficult to envision exactly what the ceremony location and palapa will look like when we get there and how much we should be bringing for decorations. 

@TinkerSofi

My problem is I'm having an at home reception as well so I know that I can decorate things here too. So I may get crazy haha. I think i want to limit myself to 1 extra suitcase and keep the things I bring to Mexico small and light. Already the OOT bags will probably take up a fair amount of space so I have to be aware of these things. I'm pretty sure these glass jars will be too heavy to take with me but I loved them so much I couldn't say no. I can use them on my deck in the summer too so its really a win win haha.

OOT bags? Are you referring to out of town/welcome bags?

Edited by KBGWedding, 23 August 2015 - 10:51 AM.

#274 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,506 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 August 2015 - 12:50 PM

I'm new to this site, but loving your posts so far! It's funny we have such similar stories. We also had a hard time with not so awesome travel agents. We are heading down in April 2016. Can't wait to see how things work out for you!! I'm finding it difficult to envision exactly what the ceremony location and palapa will look like when we get there and how much we should be bringing for decorations.

OOT bags? Are you referring to out of town/welcome bags?

Congrats. If you need pics take a lot at my review (which has photos) then my wedding photos in the links below. Very little decor is needed, such a beautiful area.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#275 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:22 AM

@KBGWedding

Congrats! Exciting to have another Grand Sirenis bride on here! I don't think you need much for decorations, but as time keeps going on I keep adding more and more deocations to my "wedding room" at home. I'm also having an at home reception so a lot of my deocrations will be used at home rather than in Mexico. I think it will come down to how much I can pack in suitcases and how much i can convince my family and wedding party to bring with them :P

Yes OOT bags are Out of town bags. I'm only making them for my wedding party since suitcase room is an issue. I will post pictures of what I've made soon.

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#276 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:20 AM

Okay so I've written a to-do list now that i'm 6 months away from the wedding. Does it look like I've missed anything?

Destination Wedding to do list:

• Pick extras with resort
  • Buy Grooms suit
  • Buy Groomsmen’s outfits
  • Bridesmaids shoes
  • Buy Bridal attire
    • Veil
    • Shoes
    • Low back/ no back bra
    • Jewelry
  • Pick father- daughter dance song
  • Pick Mother- son dance song
  • Pick ceremony music
  • Pick & book photographer
  • Buy cake topper
  • Make cake starfish
  • Buy wedding favors
  • Get marriage license
  • Book legal wedding
  • Buy new suitcases
  • Buy new bikini
  • Seating chart
  • Music wish list
  • Finish making ring box
  • Find card box
  • Mother’s and father’s gifts

At Home Reception to do list:

• Decide on hall room size
  • Book catering
  • Find sound system
  • Rent table cloths
  • Buy battery operated candles
  • Set up music playlist
  • Liquor license
  • Buy Alcohol

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#277 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 25 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

That looks like a good list!! The only thing that jumps out at me is the photographer. Is that for your wedding photos and is it the resort photographer? I'm only asking because Jan, Feb, Mar and April are very busy wedding months so my concern would be about getting someone (?) Otherwise the list looks pretty comprehensive. It's all coming along nicely and will look great!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#278 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
  • 319 posts
    • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:21 PM

I'm finding it difficult to envision exactly what the ceremony location and palapa will look like when we get there and how much we should be bringing for decorations.

The palapa is large. The minimum is 30 people, but at the other end I think the maximum capacity is 200(?) When it was empty I remember finding the size of it rather intimidating. I would concentrate on the number of tables you will have and then create centre pieces for each. You won't need more than that. Like everyone says it's gorgeous. Maybe I will draw a birdseye map of how I mentally recall the area.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
    event.png

#279 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
    • 4,506 posts
    • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
    • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

The palapa is large. The minimum is 30 people, but at the other end I think the maximum capacity is 200(?) When it was empty I remember finding the size of it rather intimidating. I would concentrate on the number of tables you will have and then create centre pieces for each. You won't need more than that. Like everyone says it's gorgeous. Maybe I will draw a birdseye map of how I mentally recall the area.

From my experience 200 people won't fit in there. 100 would be tight. I had 4 tables of 10 and a head table of 8. We had room to dance but if you threw in 2-3 more tables (so 20-30 more people) it would be close to capacity I think. Because they also have the long buffet tables, the cake table, the guestbook table plus another 10 plus people serving you.

I'd be curious what GS says the capacity for that area is.

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#280 JoannaBanana

JoannaBanana
    • 319 posts
      • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:27 PM

I'm going off memory because I'm not even at the risk of reaching 100, personally. Your pictures looked cozy enough at 45.

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

weight.png
      event.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Planning Tips, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users