532 replies to this topic

#261 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

Yes I have considered that as well.  I may solder my two I have now together and leave the third one apart.   

Decisions we have to make :) hehe!

Actually truth be told, I may never get them soldered together because I don't want to give them up for 2-3 weeks haha!

Juan wanted to get mine soldered before we left but I was afraid they won't fit when put together, etc. It's just too late right now, I'll probably wait until we're back. I haven't worn my e-ring for 3 weeks almost, it definitely feels weird haha. 

event.png

#262 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:05 PM

@yycbride2016 They have a sale going on at Michael's that ends today:

GetAttachment.aspx?tnail=0&messageId=0ef

I thought of your theme when I saw this.  Sorry if the picture is small, it's a lot of nautical, beachy items at 70% off!

I thought of you this morning when I got the email too. Life got busy and I forgot to send. Happy someone else did :)

#263 calgarybride2015

calgarybride2015
  • 4,505 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 21, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 31 July 2015 - 04:30 AM

Juan wanted to get mine soldered before we left but I was afraid they won't fit when put together, etc. It's just too late right now, I'll probably wait until we're back. I haven't worn my e-ring for 3 weeks almost, it definitely feels weird haha.

I think with Spence it takes 2 weeks so in super happy to say you have no time woohoo!! It's coming so fast. Spence told me I had to use them for any 'work' or it voids the warranty. Just incase you planned to go elsewhere. Maybe that's not true but I'll use them anyways :) why haven't you wone your ring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Kim

Married on 2015/01/21 at the Grand Sirenis Riviera Maya with 43 guests in attendance   :)

Planning Thread - http://www.bestdesti...s-riviera-maya/

Wedding Pictures http://www.bestdesti...ra-maya/page-36

Wedding Review http://www.bestdesti...31#entry1885600

#264 TinkerSofi

TinkerSofi
  • 2,217 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 13, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives Playa del Carmen
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:58 AM

I think with Spence it takes 2 weeks so in super happy to say you have no time woohoo!! It's coming so fast. Spence told me I had to use them for any 'work' or it voids the warranty. Just incase you planned to go elsewhere. Maybe that's not true but I'll use them anyways :) why haven't you wone your ring?

That's ok. I usually find their prices to fix things quite reasonable, so I'd be ok using them. Funny thing about Spence, the first time i sent my e-ring to be cleaned, they came back saying that the bottom was really thin and worn out (even though I've only had it for a year, so there was no way it got worn out from my usage). Juan ended up paying like $80-100 to get that fixed. Then, when I got my wedding band, it came in looking exactly as my e-ring had originally! So they totally do that on purpose to get your money after. I negotiated for them to fix it without charging me because I'd never used the wedding band yet and it was their mistake. Luckily their customer service is amazing :).  

event.png

#265 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts
  • Wedding Date:February 23, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Grand Sirenis, Riviera Maya

Posted 06 August 2015 - 12:58 PM

Some updates:

I've been busy crafting up a storm. I've officially caught the bug haha. I'm trying to save as much money as possible on decorations (since I have 2 events to decorate: DW and AHR).

I took some empty wine bottles and wrapped them in twine added some extra detail and I ended up really loving them. I will actually use them as decor around the house I think too! 

bottle decorations

Next I got some more jars to jazz up with that rustic beach theme. I've actually done a bunch more and one that I put burlap on with little starfish all the way around (forgot to take a picture of it), I decided to try them out this weekend on the deck with some candles in them. Its really pretty and I think it will really set the mood for the AHR and make people feel like they are on the beach without being at the beach! I've also decorated an old fish bowl which I will put sand and seashells and starfish in with the candles. its really cute and has a little handle I made! 

lanterns night2
lanterns night

Next task was a first attempt at Kyle's boutonniere! I think it actually turned out quite well and I'm excited to see what It'll look like on a suit jacket when he gets it (probably not for another 4 months haha). 
boutoneirre

Lastly my FI's ring arrived!!! They told us it would take 6-8 weeks because it was a custom order to be in his size but it actually only took 6 days!! I couldn't believe it. We happened to be in the mall when I got the call saying it was in so I was able to pick it up right away! He's really happy with it and now that we both have our rings we are so ready to tie the knot!! 

fiance wedding ring

Now I'm feeling pretty prepared for the DW but I'm really nervous for the AHR. Any brides who have done one do you have any advice? I really wanted it to be small and just a get together. We are planning on a cocktail party where I will wear my dress again and my FI will wear his suit. But considering we both didn't even want to do this and we are feeling obliged by family and friends who can't come to mexico it's starting to get to us. We booked a hall room that only holds 70 people and now I'm expecting over 70 people to attend and switching our reservation to the larger hall room will add on almost $700 more! All for something I didn't even want in the first place. It's getting stressful and adding a lot of money onto our budget that was unexpected :( My FI was ready to cancel it yesterday haha but it's a bit late for that considering we've sent out the invitations :S

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#266 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:53 AM

Wow. Great job with everything!! I absolutely adore the details that you've put into your centrepieces. I love the little lanterns/votive holders and the way that you've wrapped the wine bottles in twine - It looks awesome!

Yay for wedding bands! You're so ahead and it's awesome. Chester and I still haven't even looked into his.. I think we will do that soon. We finally bought his suit last weekend from Zara and then we are having it tailored before the wedding.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#267 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

@perianjay thanks! I'm feeling ready for the destination wedding but I feel like I've got nothing planned for our at home reception. A lot of my decorations will be used for the at home reception and not the Mexico wedding because they are heavy and glass. So I'm somewhat okay with decorating the hall but that's about all I've got planned haha. Kyle still has to get his suit but he thinks he'll gain some muscle weight over the next couple months so he's leaving it last minute

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#268 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:16 PM

We did an AHR but we only had 30 people so it was just the size we wanted. We had a sit down dinner for it though. It was held in a restaurant on lake ontario with one wall of floor to ceiling windows and when it got dark it looked beautiful with lights from the bridge over the lake. Really pretty. We were just the two of us in Jamaica so we decided before we left that we were having something when we got home. It was really giving in to some people since they had decided not to make the trip but we still had a great time. We had a DJ and danced until 1:00 am I sent invitations before we went to Jamaica so we knew the numbers even before we left.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#269 yycbride2016

yycbride2016
  • 495 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:55 AM

@acw271011

That's awesome! I wish we were going to have something like that. We felt pressured by family and friends to host a party since so many people can't afford to come to Mexico with us. We are expecting over 70 people now to come to this reception. I've made it really clear on the wedding website that it will be beer, wine and hors d'oeuvres because I don't want people to expect a full sit down dinner and what not. Once we get a few more RSVP's back then I'll make a decision to go with the bigger hall. Hopefully the venue will allow us to upgrade.   

~*~YYCBRIDE2016~*~

My planning thread 

event.png

#270 tlovern0306

tlovern0306
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

Finally a planning thread! All of your ideas are so wonderful! Cant wait to see more!!!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2016 Brides, Planning Tips, Mexico

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users