yycbride2016

Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

Okay ladies! I need some help! The resort just emailed me this afternoon to let me know that Adventure Photos (the resort photography), just changed their prices. We were going to chose one of the all day packages that cost $1500. The price on that package increased to $2500!!! That's a massive price jump. I can't justify increasing our budget by $1000 now. Any suggestions of outside photographers in the Myan riviera? I need to price out them all with a vendor fee. So frustrating. Thanks for suggestions in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Had you already booked? If yes I'm surprised they didn't honor the prices. Sounds like you may not have yet :(

That said, these were my runners up who were in my price range were....

- Samual Luna

- Bohemia Photography

- Dean Sanderson

Others have used Photos in Cancun, Ivan Luckie, Lancelotti, Del Sol and Moments that Matter (drawing a blank of who @@TinkerSofi is using)

Also the lady I used from Adventure Photos also has her own company called CeilitoLindo Photography.

Hope that helps!!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

I'm using Octavio montes. So far he's been great to work and communicate with. I can let you know how things go on the day of fairly soon :).

We wanted to split our initial budget into photography and videography and I thought he was a steal for the amount of hours. I also really like his pictures, especially the ones he takes at night :)

• Like 2

What is tough is that there are a lot of good ones with decent prices but unless you spend a lot of time on here (hahaha) you don't know all the ones to research :). I missed so many in my initial research and brides have posted such gorgeous pics.

@@TinkerSofi. I knew there was an M :)

What is tough is that there are a lot of good ones with decent prices but unless you spend a lot of time on here (hahaha) you don't know all the ones to research :). I missed so many in my initial research and brides have posted such gorgeous pics.

@@TinkerSofi. I knew there was an M :)

I agree! It wasn't until after that I began finding out about other great photographers :)

@ Wow thats a great deal! better. I am definately going to look into him. I have to keep in mine the outside vendor cost too but I think that would bring it up to about what I had planned to pay anyways! Thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1

@ awe thats perfect! He sounds amazing to work with. I just sent an email to him asking for some quotes. So exciting! I didn't expect to book photography for a nother 3 months or so. I hate when plans change haha. But thats for this info, its super helpful and i'm looking forward to hearing back from him with quotes!

@@calgarybride2015 Do you have a link to your photographers personal stuff? Cielito Lindo Photography? When I google it I can't seem to find her.

• Like 1

@@yycbride2016 that's a huge price increase! How can they even justify that much of an increase? I know prices change year to year but usually it's only an increase of 10%!

I agree with everyone that there are a number of talented photographers in the Riviera Maya. I instantly fell in love with Samuel Luna's work and he was actually the first vendor I booked! He is really responsive and was fairly reasonably priced as well.

One tip that I kinda now wish I looked into further is Canadian photographers working in Mexico. I've read some brides say that they booked a Canadian photographer (who lives and works in Mexico) and was given the option of paying in Canadian dollars. Given the awful exchange rate right now, looking into this could potentially save you a lot of money. I don't know if all of the Canadian photographers offer this option but worth exploring! Some of the Canadian photographers I've seen are Moments That Matter and Bicoastal

• Like 3

@@Wafflesmom

Thank you so much! That is such a great idea. I agree, given the market right now and the Canadian dollar (and I live in Oil city haha) that would be a great way to save on costs. I might re-consider the option of bringing a photographer with me too. The one who did my engagment photos is super nice and she offered so much for me. My only concern with her was paying for her and her assistant (aka husband) to go on a week long vacation. I might look into seeing how much 3 days would cost instead of 7.

• Like 1