Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

I'm glad to hear atleast others have had the same experience as I am currently! Lol I do feel bad for my travel agent though who also works another job hopefully he doesn't get to bombarded lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. My guests paid in the last day or two!! It was stressful. We sent out two reminders because we knew if they didn't book with us the price was hundreds more.

I had a picture by the chapel but didn't go in. It's right beside the palapa. It looks beautiful. All my pics and review are below in the links if you want to check them out.

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 2

HELP!!!

Ok so I have a dilemma/crisis going on! I got my chair sashes in the mail on Saturday and OMG I LOVE THEM! Seriously. I was nervous about ordering 50 of them online since I didn't order a sample color or anything first. But they turned out absolutely perfect. 

Chair sashes - teal

(they look blue in the photo but they are actually a perfect shade of teal)

Anyways that's not my dilemma. I really loved the idea of starfish chair hangers that I keep seeing on etsy and pinterest. So I decided I was going to make some after reading a few tutorials on here. I went my Michales and actually found these tassels which would be way easier to transport there and add starfish/ribbon to. And I found sparkly starfish at Michaels too. Perfect!

Chair tassle

sparkle starfish

Then...I'm looking online trying to figure out how to put it all together. And then I think hm... I never thought to look at what type of chairs I'm working with. So I went to @@calgarybride2015's wedding photos and these are the chairs she had. 

Chairs @ Grand Sirenis

Now for the problem.. HOW DO I HANG THESE????? I don't think they are going to work but I already bought 8 of these tassel things and they were on a huge discount so I can't return them. Does anyone have any ideas for me? I wanted them to line the aisle for the ceremony and then I was going to have one on each chair for the wedding party. Anyone have ideas how I can hang them on the chairs going down the aisle? Or any other way I can incorporate them into my wedding?? I'm sort of freaking out about these things now. 

Any help is seriously appreciated!! thank you :) 

Ah! I may have just figured it out!!! post-283167-143675925525_thumb.jpg

Thought? Or other ideas??

• Like 2

@@yycbride2016 the sashes look great!! Do you have the option of requesting garden chairs? I'm having uncovered garden chairs and there is a place to hang things off of the top of the back of the chair. These chairs were actually the free option …which is why I went with them. haha!

The other alternative is that you could get shepherd hooks to dig into the sand.

post-281055-0-73890100-1436759248_thumb.jpg

EDIT: oh I like the way it looks with the chair sash! You could do that just for the chairs that line the aisle.

Edited by snswedding2016
  • Like 1

@@snswedding2016 I'm going to look into what my chair options are but I don't want to pay for different chairs other than free ones. Seems silly to pay for a chair of one is included.

As for the shepherd hooks, I've seen them and love them. I had thought about them for hanging my lanterns on. But not sure if the resort offers them. I'll have to find out. Thanks

@@yycbride2016 I totally hear ya! We definitely didn't want to pay extra for chairs. Our upgraded chairs were chiavari chairs…our package came with 20 of them but you had to pay extra for any additional, which is why we went with all of the same free chair which happened to be the garden chairs.  :)

• Like 1

Awe look at my handsome son in the chair :) hahah!!!

Couple thoughts...

1. How heavy is the tassel hanging from the chair bow? Reason I ask is that you will find as the night goes on the chair bows fall on their own -- may happen quicker if the tassels are quite heavy.

2. You can definately upgrade the chairs but I am sure there is a cost. You'd have to check the price list. Hopefully it's not too bad!!!

3. Pretty darn sure you can rent those hangers as I've seen them in the resorts own photos

Good questions to check with the wedding department

Sorry you are struggling with this but on the positive it's probably best now then in Mexico!

Let us know what you decide

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 2

I'd add some kind of safety pin or some other pin to them to attach them to the chair covers or sashes. Check out @@acw271011 thread, she added a pin to hers. A way of getting around the chair sashes loosening up is attaching the tassels to the white chair covers instead of the sashes. 

• Like 2

Awe look at my handsome son in the chair :) hahah!!!

Couple thoughts...

1. How heavy is the tassel hanging from the chair bow? Reason I ask is that you will find as the night goes on the chair bows fall on their own -- may happen quicker if the tassels are quite heavy.

2. You can definately upgrade the chairs but I am sure there is a cost. You'd have to check the price list. Hopefully it's not too bad!!!

3. Pretty darn sure you can rent those hangers as I've seen them in the resorts own photos

Good questions to check with the wedding department

Sorry you are struggling with this but on the positive it's probably best now then in Mexico!

Let us know what you decide

Thanks for the feedback @@calgarybride2015. I left the chair with the bow and tassle on my chair for a full day and it stayed put without any reinforcements so I think it will actually stay up on its own if they tie it good enough. So I think I'm going to stick with them being tied in with the bows. I will have to make them all this weekend I think. I've been slacking a bit haha.

I might still look into renting th hanger because I have these cute little white lanters that I'm not sure if I want them haning up or if I want them along the asile in the sand.

Edited by yycbride2016
  • Like 1