Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

I think I like the second shoes the best! :)

Me too!! Definitely #2

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

@@yycbride2016 I'm sorry your dress shopping experience wasn't enjoyable. Don't let bad customer service get you down or make you feel like your budget is inadequate! Your budget us realistic and I agree with everyone that you can find a beautiful dress within it. You're quite petite so sample sales will work for you. I bought my dress at a sample sale and it was 40% off! I love my dress and it's under $1000.

As for shoes, I'm sorry if you e already mentioned but are you having a beach or terrace wedding? The second shoes are beautiful but may not be practical if your on the beach

• Like 1

@@acw271011 @@calgarybride2015 @@TinkerSofi

Thanks for picking. #2 is also my favorite. I originally wanted the wedge shoes because I could wear them for both the ceremony and the reception but I love the look of #2 way better. I might have to keep looking.

@@Wafflesmom

Yes we are having our ceremony on the beach and then the reception in a palapa with a hard floor. I'm so torn though. I wonder if any other brides have used those things you put on the bottom on heals to make it have a wider base so you dont sink into the ground. I wonder if they would work for sand.

You got a great deal on your dress. 40% off is awesome. Thats what i'm hoping for on Sunday. I know that the store's clearance sale has dresses up to 80% off and that could mean some major savings, so my fingers are crossed so tight that the one I want is there on a huge discount and fits me haha. Thanks for the reassurance on my budget though. even on say yes to the dress canada girls budgets are riduculous. I just can't justify spending $1000+ on a dress I'll wear once or twice (at home reception). Just doesn't make sense to me. When starting off our marriage I can think of so many other things to put that money towards.

I'm going to dissent from the majority vote on the shoes. My fav is #3 but it's just more my style. I have never tried those heel things but I think they are more for grass. I think they wouldn't help much for sand. It's even hard to walk in flip flops in dry sand!

Good luck with dress shopping this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by vancouverpetunia

@@yycbride2016 I'm sending plenty of positive vibes your way for a successful wedding dress shopping trip! One that's 80% off would be awesome!!!

As for the heel guards, @@vancouverpetunia is correct in that they're only to prevent from sinking in grassy areas. They won't help with sand at all. I had the same problem as you. Our ceremony is also on the beach and reception on the terrace. As much as I loved the idea of barefoot sandals, I wanted heels (height) for the reception. And I can't do both since I have to alter the length to the heels. It would be too long for the ceremony and I don't exactly want to trip while walking down the aisle. So as a solution. I went with wedges. It will be easy to walk in sand and will give me the height for dancing

• Like 2

I'm going to go practical and say #3 as well, but I'm horrible with heels. So when I see heels I consider all the difficulties I'd experience wearing them. #2 would be a nightmare for me at Sirenis. All of the three are attractive. I'm a bit of a Tomboy though.

@@vancouverpetunia thanks for the tip! I like number 2 and 3 the most but the first wedge makes the most sense. Maybe I'll find something else sparkly elsewhere. Good to know about the heel things though. Glad I didn't waste money.

@@Wafflesmom thanks!!! I'm so excited to try on dresses again! Fingers crossed I can check the dress off my list this weekend! So excited!

Good to know! I was really thinking of two shoes. I suppose that will depend on the type of dress I get and how much I get hemmed. I'm short so I want some height.

@@JoannaBanana haha yeah i totally get your point. I love the wrap around style of number 2 most so it's tough. If number 1 had that wrap around strap I'd be sold on them! All I know is I want lots of sparkle. I'm super princess girly hahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk