Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

@@calgarybride2015

Good thinking about getting my "entourage" to run around finding dresses haha. When we went for BM appointment she was working with us and a bride and didn't even clip the dresses, I had to do that for my BMs. I'm thinking that if my luck doesn't appear in Edmonton on Sunday then I will book a few different shops for next Friday. It will be nice because my other BM is back from her Euro trip this week so she will be able to join us for any appointments next week hopefully, and my sister is a teacher and done after this week so she can go with me during the week (since I took time off too). Feeling hopeful!

@@acw271011

I contacted Jennifer at TLMB and she said that my number one pick - #3 in the pictures (Sophia Tolli Y21246) isn't in stock at the moment but she is getting a bunch of Sophia Tolli dresses in at the end of this week. I know that the store in Edmonton that is closing has the dress but in a size 10 and I'm probably too small for it. But if TLMB has it for a reasonable price I might just have to pull the trigger. I saw another Sophia Tolli dress on there http://thelastminutebride.com/products/sophia-tolli-y11560-ibis I love it but its still out of my price range so I'm also going to see if I can find this one in the sale in Edmonton this weekend!

• Like 1

I'll still recommend the place I went to. They have so many beautiful dresses and I felt their prices were in the lower end of the places I checked out. It probably won't beat David's, but you might have different options :). It's actually pretty much across the street to David's and they take drop ins (I was a drop in when I found my dress). The lady there was super helpful, she was the one who actually found my dress! I totally felt like a bride in there. 

I got my alterations done at the same store and I'm picking the dress up tomorrow!! *Insert terrified face here* It's been stressing me out so much! I've been having nightmares for the last two nights. I'm exhausted hahaha. I'm paying $300 for the hem, a bustle, taking it out at the hips and the corset. 

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi Ahhh I just looked up Blissful Bridal and this is a place near Open Sesame! my FI and I love that place and every time we go I say I should look at that dress shop. Thats so funny. I think if on Sunday my sale shopping doesn't go so well I will see if I can book or just walk in to Blissful Bridal during the week.

Good luck picking up your dress! I'm excited to hear how it turned out!!!

• Like 1

Blissful Bridal has beautiful dresses and the one i snook a peak at was $800!! I went there for hair accessories.

I also went to Ever After. They have some under $1000 as well and are not pushy whatsoever. My BM got her dress there for her wedding as did her sister and sister in law. Just another idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@yycbride2016  Just curious - is that Sophia Tolli a label size 10 or a street size 10? Because they fit a lot smaller than regular sizes. I would look at the measurements and see what is listed, then keep in mind you can quite easily take it down about 2 sizes. I know the ladies have mentioned places for alterations in Calgary that are reasonably priced. Still might be something to keep as a side plan.

@@acw271011 @@Danielle1

Good thinking. I found the exaxt measurements online for the sophia tolli dresses and I'm going to measure myself to see how much of a difference a size 10 is to what I am. I know that the dress is part of the clearance sale but I just don't know how much it's on sale for. Its a $2000 dress so it would have to be a big sale for me to purchase it.

@@calgarybride2015

I'm definately going to check out Blissful Bridal if Sunday doesn't go well. I've always wanted to go in there so now I have a good excuse haha. Especially if the prices are good!

• Like 1

Yeah! It's the one right next to cactus club. I don't know of open sesame is there too.

I'm usually a size 2 but my dress is a size 4. Technically I probably should have had a size 6 and have it taken in in certain parts but it was the last one left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@@yycbride2016 Just an FYI, TLMB posted several more new dresses tonight. Mine is on so my trigger is pulled now! yay!! Go take a look if you have a minute but start with the FB page. not sure they're all on the website yet.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@@TinkerSofi Yeah thats fair enough. I did my measurements last night and matched them up to the Sophia Tolli dress size chart and Looks like i'd be around a 4-6 so the size 10 might not be completely out of my reach. I still have hopes that I can find a sample dress in my size with lots of sparkle haha.

@@acw271011 Thanks for the heads up I took a look at their facebook page and there are some really pretty ones on there. I'm so happy yours is finally up and ready to buy! So exciting!!!

Help! Please vote on which shoes you think I should go with based on the style of those dresses i've been looking at (sweetheart neckline, fitted a-line, sparkle):

#1:

http://www.lechateau.com/style/jump/BRIDAL+332071_092/productDetail/WEDDING+SHOES/BRIDAL332071_092/cat38761597?navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryNav=true&selectedColor=Champagne

#2:

http://www.lechateau.com/style/jump/Jewelled+Satin+Asymmetrical+Sandal/productDetail/All+Shoes/330879/cat38761597?keySuffix=info&selectedColor=Silver

#3:

http://www.lechateau.com/style/jump/BRIDAL+332447_092/productDetail/WEDDING+SHOES/BRIDAL332447_092/cat38761597?navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryNav=true&selectedColor=Light+Gold

Thanks ^_^

• Like 2