Yycbride2016 Grand Sirenis Planning Thread February 2016

@@snswedding2016 yeah I think that's a good idea too. She actually just found out today that she got the job she was hoping for so I'm hoping that means she will be able to book. I talked to me TA today and she said that the airline hasn't released our reserved spots yet so, I'm going to let my bm know later in the week that she can still have a guaranteed spot if she's looking to book with the group. Hopefully it won't be too pushy.

@@calgarybride2015 OMG! I had a sheer panic attack when you said Tuesday was spelt wrong! I checked them over multiple times. Luckily that was just me typing into the thread too quickly and that's not how it's spelt on the invitation! That's for the compliment on them! I'm glad so many people like them! I think the graphic design elements of the wedding are my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know the feeling. I had 3 people proof read my pre travel mailer and I noticed a spelling mistake. I ordered more!!!

Hopefully everything with your BM works out now :) the advice you received was great! At some point, I agree, the convo has to take place because planning must go on with ordering of dresses and gifts ... And if you need to ask another friend to step in, etc. Good luck.

this is the third time that I try to write a response, hopefully it works this time! hahah

I absolutely love your invitations and I'm a bit jealous that mine didn't look that good haha. I think the charm adds a really nice touch, even if they take forever. 

I love what you got from homesense. I never even thought to check there for wedding stuff. I think the only thing I got from there was the box for our guestbook cards :) and that was just by chance. I found while looking for house things. 

That's great news about your BM! Getting a job has been tough for a lot of people lately here in the city, so it's good to hear that she landed the job she wanted :). I'm sure she'll book pretty soon.

@@calgarybride2015

Yeah no kidding. I’ve been so paranoid about anything I make with text on it because my spelling is terrible and I type too fast haha. I can’t imagine getting things re-printed. I had asked my mum and sister to check over the invitations before print and they said they looked good but when my fiancé looked he found so many weird mistakes, I was so shocked!

Hopefully everything with my bridesmaid drama will just sort itself out and all will be great!

@@TinkerSofi

Haha It worked this time! Don’t even be jealous! Your invitations are gorgeous! I loved them. Making ticket invitations was my first thought but I thought I’d keep it more traditional. The great part about the starfish charms is that it’s actually from a jewelry seller on Etsy and People could take them off and put them on a necklace or bracelet or something afterwards! I may do that if I have any left-over!

Right now is the perfect time to check Homesense because they have all their summer stuff just fresh out! I’m going to venture out to IKEA I think tonight after work and see what other little goodies I can find. My fiancé and I are going to sit down and take a good look at the budget this weekend because I’m so nervous about how much I’ve already bought (even though it’s really not much). I wasn’t really planning on bringing any decorations with us until I found this forum hahaha.

You might hate me but Bath and Body Works had these candle holders out today. A couple different sizes. They were turquoise and had 'rope' around them. I will find a link!

• Like 1

@@calgarybride2015 haha I know I saw them at Cross Iron last weekend. They were significantly more expensive then the one I found at Homesense though. I'm hoping I will find some fun things like this at IKEA tonight!

I couldn't find them on their website, but I am glad to hear they are expensive and you found cheaper! haha! then I don't feel bad giving you another idea :P   IKEA has some nice stuff. Had I have went there early on in my planning I may have had a different 'theme'.   You are doing great!

I think everyone has different eyes for proofreading!  It definitely made me nervous going forward, but thankfully Vistaprint always had sales so i didn't pay full price!

heheheh, ok on my iphone you can't see the candle holders you bought 100%, but on the large screen those ones at BBW are almost identical!  Awesome buy!

Edited by calgarybride2015
  • Like 1

@@calgarybride2015

Haha yeah no worries, I'm so excited I found them at home sense! And for only $8! It was a steal! I bought a real/turquoise candle to go inside it at IKEA yesterday for only $1.60 so I'm happy how it looks. I'll add some sand and starfish to it and it will be perfect!

I also found the lanterns at ikea! Amazing! I'll post them later! I found them at superstore too for more money! Glad I went to IKEA!

@ thank you! Yours is good too! I love reading everyone's ideas. It's helpful and dangerous at the same time haha. And than you, we love our engagement photos. I really need to get the printed and make a photo book to have of them in the house. I've been so slow doing that.

• Like 1

@ aw jm glad you will finally get them done. We were so lucky with the winter we had in Calgary for ours. We did them in February believe it or not. It's nice because it makes them look like it was spring. A few days after our shoot we got loads of snow. We got so lucky!

Yeah I know. My FI and I went to ikea last night and he kept giving me glaring looks. I bought cute little lanterns for table decorations. He was shocked that they were coming to Mexico with us hahaha. I think my big items are coming to an end already since he is so concerned about size.

• Like 1