How Long Are You Going For?

KatieMcBride

We are also staying for two weeks. Irresponsible because we haven't added up what everything would cost...but...like other brides have said, IT'S OUR WEDDING! We arrive two days before all our guests and stay 5 days after they leave. My bridesmaid and her husband can only do a 4 day trip so they'll come in one day before everyone to help with bridal trials etc. We opted to stay at the same resort against what my SIL suggested. We figured the packing and unpacking was a hassle. We aren't too concerned that the evening entertainment will be on repeat because we are so close to Playa.

Is it wedding time yet? I know all the brides say time flies but our wedding seems forever away.

• Like 1

We stayed for two weeks. It was definitely worth it, although that was the only perk from our travel agent and hotel. So we didn't have to pay for the second week. We really really wanted to go to another hotel for the second week as we had a ton of our guests staying two weeks or over lapping our second week but we would have had to pay so we just stayed there. If we had to do it again, we would have left the resort for another one for sure!! It was awesome and nice to spend time with all of our family and friends for two whole weeks, but we wanted to have a little down time to ourselves! Oh well! Now we are planning to go back for our one year anniversary...and will be bringing along the newest addition to our family who is due in August!

Yay!!! Was thinking about you and your bean the other day. One of my

BM's is also due in August. Congrats again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We stayed for a week at the resort. By the 5th day, we started to get homesick. Well at least my daughter did. Most of our guests left by the 4th day but it was really nice though. We took an additional 3 more days off from work and it was nice to have a vacation at home from our vacation.

We stayed for almost 2 weeks. We went down on a Sunday night and left late on a Friday night. Our wedding was on a Friday and we went to another resort on the Sunday for some alone time. It was expensive, but we got a good deal on the second resort, plus we got back almost $2000 based on our guest count at the first resort, so that almost covered our second week. It was definitely worth staying longer as we actually got to relax and spend some time together. We had guests arrive from Monday to Thursday, so most of our days were broken up by waiting to greet guests as they arrived.

I have us booked for 12 days right now considering dropping it to 10 days we will see. We are coming in 3 days before the wedding to meet with the coordinator and just relax a little. Our total was around $6k for the 12 days and I definitely got sticker shock when she said that much. Especially because we went 2 years ago stayed 5 days and including airfare that was $2,400 for the both of us and this is $6k without airfare, but costs go up over time and hopefully we will get some of a discount depending on how many guests we have. 

5000 sounds like a lot for a week ( considering airfare not factored in ) I'm sure you could find another quality resort for half that or stay at a boutique hotel . Otherwise u can save and take a honeymoon like Six months later which is what I am doing. Honestly I wish we had another week to relax ( and I had no idea id feel that way) after the wedding. I thought it was even very helpful to come one day before guests

This is airfare included. I'm in Canada, so it's airfare, and the whole package (hotel, food, alcohol, etc).  But yeah I think we will wait and do a honeymoon later in the year.

We are staying for 2 weeks. it was only an additional $1100 each so like $2500. I am surprised yours would be $5000 more? But we are staying at Azul's for the 2nd week too so that may be why. We have about 25 people staying for the 2nd week so I don't think we will get bored. plus there is so much to do around there! I completely understand if you can't afford it though.

• Like 1