Wedding Dress.. Too Much For A Destination Wedding?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 LasCaletas

• Insiders
  • 111 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 07:24 AM

Hello fellow brides! I'm sure this topic has come up a million times, but I'm wondering if it's acceptable to wear almost a ball gown type of dress to a destination wedding? I'm getting married at the barcelo maya palace march 2016. I was originally looking for a mermaid style dress but fell in love with this one. Thoughts?? Too much? attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I'm not sure why I look sideways..oh well you get the point.

Hello Dear @barcelobride2016

Congratulation for your future wedding!!I hope everything doing good with the planning process  for the big day!! 

Our destination is a beach destination, our location is  Las Caletas Mexico, here the only way to arrive  is via boat or catamaran, but it is not an impediment to wear a glamurous and elegance dress !! You can wear anything that show your style!!.
    Glamorous dresses
    Album: Beach wedding dress
    28 images

#22 yooyooo

• 21 posts
    • Wedding Date:March 23, 2016
    • Wedding Location:Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationWashington DC

Posted 02 August 2015 - 06:43 PM

I'm getting married exactly ONE WEEK before you in the same resort, same gazebo! I'm also 90% sure that I will be wearing a ball-gown type of dress. I figured it would be ok since my ceremony is in the gazebo and reception in the banquet room.

#23 RitvikSehgal

• 70 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 11:19 PM

hey congrats.

you can wear whatever is more comfortable to you. you will gorgeous in any dress because wedding day is totally the day of bridal. 

#24 maddjax

• 16 posts
      • Wedding Date:January 28, 2016
      • Wedding Location:Moon Palace
      • LocationSurrey, BC

Posted 16 August 2015 - 03:45 PM

Of course it is acceptable!!  It is your day and whatever you want to wear that makes you feel special is what's acceptable!

For me, I did the stereotypical "bridal" gown for my 1st wedding, but for this my 2nd time around I wanted to achieve a more sexy felling than "bridal" lol.

This is the dress I ordered minus the train and the rear hem is to my ankles.

Attached Files

Edited by maddjax, 16 August 2015 - 03:55 PM.

#25 acw271011

• Moderators
      • 3,123 posts
      • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
      • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
      • LocationToronto Area

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:07 PM

@maddjax  That's so pretty!! And perfect for a DW!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

#26 JoannaBanana

• 319 posts
        • LocationEtobicoke

Posted 16 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Chub rub. I have that lol. Figure skater thighs I like to say :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine are fast food thighs. :)

My Planning Thread (Grand Sirenis 05.12.16)http://www.bestdesti...-grand-sirenis/<p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users