#1 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:52 AM

Hello everyone,

I'd just like to put out a warning to anyone who is shopping for their dress online, their reception dress, bridesmaid dresses etc.

Last month I made a purchase through www.weddingdresstrend.com for my "reception dress". I knew it was a bit too good to be true since the dress I was looking at was only $160 and it was a full out wedding dress with a tulle bottom. From the pictures it looked absolutely stunning (see my planning thread).

The dress arrived in the mail a few days ago and I opened it to find a dress that was..

a) Not the colour I had ordered - I ordered the dress in IVORY.. it came in PURE WHITE.. It honestly couldn't have been more white. I held it up to my ceremony dress which is a light ivory and it made my ceremony dress look yellow. I couldn't believe how white it was.

b )Not the size I ordered at all. I ordered the dress based on their sizing chart and I was generous with the sizing.. I even went up a size because I could just get it taken in if need be, but the sizing was very skewed. The dress that I received is MUCH smaller than the measurements that are shown on the website.

c) The dress has unfinished/uneven seams that are showing very clearly and the bottom of the skirt is all hacked away at. It actually looks like a person cut it with child proof scissors and just left it that way. There are visible hack marks out of the fabric and pieces of tulle just hanging off of the bottom of the dress.

I've never in my life received a product that is so untrue to the website. The dress doesn't even look like the dress that I intended to purchase. 

I emailed the company and all they have done is dodge my emails and look for ways to divert my return. They first tried telling me I couldn't return it and I told them their return policy says 100% refund for a defective item. They asked me for pictures and they told me they were willing to return 20% of my money if I send it back. 

At this point I am sending the dress back whether they accept it or not and i've opened up a dispute case with my bank who will be working to retrieve my funds and assist me with everything. Thank goodness for that!

I just wanted to share my experience because it was both very upsetting and very frustrating. I have 7 months until my wedding, but I couldn't imagine if someone had ordered from this website with a lot less time and expected the product they ordered. This is my first ever experience buying something online and receiving a terrible product - hopefully it will be my last.

Edited by perianjay, 22 May 2015 - 05:52 AM.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#2 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:10 AM

@perianjay I hate that this happened to you. What a horror story. My fingers are crossed this gets resolved ASAP.

#3 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:15 AM

@ashhtayy tell me about it!! I called my parents crying.. I was so upset. Especially because this "company" was giving me such grief for wanting to return it. My dress experience has been such a nightmare so far, but i'm trying to be positive. I definitely don't want any other brides to go through this.. I plan on warning anyone/everyone about this website.

My planning thread :

#4 ashhtayy

ashhtayy
  • 607 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 7, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:39 AM

@perianjay think positive. your first dress is gorg and doesn't have to be out of the question. the great part is this didn't happen to you 3-4 months out. you have enough time to turn this around. like your dad said, you'll walk down the aisle in a beautiful dress (regardless of what dress that is).

kind of you to let the other girls know.

#5 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:54 AM

@ashhtayy thanks girl! I love the support from this forum. It always makes me feel better :)

My planning thread :

#6 MrsCtobe2016

MrsCtobe2016
  • 150 posts
  • Wedding Date:August 24, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Costa Rica

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:25 PM

That's terrible! I hope you got this resolved. Thanks for the heads up!

#7 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 May 2015 - 07:31 PM

@MrsCtobe2016 No worries! I want to make sure that no one else has to go through this. It's been a terrible experience dealing with this company and I can't wait to send it back.

Edited by perianjay, 22 May 2015 - 07:31 PM.

My planning thread :

#8 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:29 PM

I'm so sorry to here about this. The wedding industry is such a "big business" and I know there are companies out there that do good work. But when something like this happens, it spoils it for everyone. You've had to go through unnecessary stress and now fight to get your money back. It's so unfair. Thanks for putting the warning out for other ladies, and I hope your bank comes through for you. Good luck! Let us know you you make out!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#9 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 May 2015 - 05:46 AM

@acw271011 aww thank you! I agree.. these types of companies do ruin it for everyone else. I have to admit, i'm now more apprehensive about buying certain things online. I've definitely learnt my lesson. I wanted to share it though so that no one else goes through this.. Brides have enough stress as it is!! 

My bank has been amazing about the whole thing.. they told me they will issue me a refund and pay for part of the shipping I need to pay to send it back.

My planning thread :

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2015 Brides, 2016 Brides, Dresses

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users