528 replies to this topic

#81 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

Hi Ladies! The opening of the bar has been pushed and it should be opening within a week or so but again nothing is for sure. Unfortunately this is how a lot of big renovations go. I've already mentioned to the owner that we want to use it on the 14th but I'm just not sure it will be all up and running. 

I think to be on the safe side we should have a back up location just in case. Ideas?

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#82 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:49 AM

@snswedding2016  I agree. Hopefully the patio location will be open but anything can go wrong.

Ladies - I'm open to suggestions. I'm afraid I'm not very good with things downtown. I just found out we're having our Xmas doo at Copa Cabana on Adelaide. Don't know anything about it though. I can find out.....

@deecol  We'll miss you!! But absolutely I say we can try a second date later on and see if the ladies that couldn't attend the first can make it for a second!

@veryvalentine  pleeeeeeeeeeeeease say you'll bring wedding pictures!!! I so can't wait to see them.

Can we do a roll call to see who is still available for August 14th and how big of a group? That might determine where we can go and where we can't.

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#83 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • Wedding Date:December 15, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Beach Palace
  • LocationToronto

Posted 30 July 2015 - 09:25 AM

I'm still available for that evening as well (excited!). I'm not great with locations either haha. @snswedding2016 Any other ideas for a backup? I feel like you know the city really well.

My planning thread :
http://www.bestdesti...e/#entry1885631

#84 snswedding2016

snswedding2016
  • 667 posts
  • Wedding Date:January 9, 2016
  • Wedding Location:Azul Fives
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:16 PM

@perianjay aw thanks - I think Sean and I just enjoy going out too much! haha!

Ok here are some other ideas:

Oliver and Bonacini (Yonge and Front) - big patio, central location, more corporate crowd, Muskoka brewery is their sponsor this summer so their beer is on special (for the beer drinkers)

Attached File  oliver and bonacini.jpg   12.19KB   4 downloads

El Catrin (Distillery District) - big patio, beautiful and fun decor, Mexican restaurant (goes with DW theme for most of us! ;) ) but the location isn't the best for those coming from the West End.

Attached File  el catrin.jpg   144.22KB   4 downloads

Black Bull (Queen and Soho/Peter) - big patio, always busy, not the fanciest place, affordable, more of an artsy "queen west" crowd

Attached File  Black Bull patio.jpg   92.28KB   4 downloads

Beverly Hotel Rooftop (Queen and Beverly - just east of Spadina) - rooftop patio, cozy feel, smaller so depending on numbers it may be harder to get a larger group, a little pricier but a neat spot

Attached File  Beverly hotel rooftop.jpg   68.98KB   4 downloads

Brownstone Bistro (Yonge and Gloucester - just north of Wellesley) - medium sized patio, central location, reasonable prices

Attached File  brownstone bistro.jpg   102.38KB   4 downloads

those are the places that come to mind off the top of my head. I'll keep thinking.....do any of these peak anyone's interest?

So far I have the following on the list for the 14th:

@perianjay

@veryvalentine

@acw271011

@krystalball

@Meandhim

@JoannaBanana

Have I missed anyone?? Excited to meet you all in person!  :)

Edited by snswedding2016, 30 July 2015 - 01:16 PM.

My planning thread - http://www.bestdesti...016-azul-fives/

event.png

#85 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 30 July 2015 - 01:24 PM

Who was the new bride to be that was here a couple of days ago and she mentioned a "meet" with Toronto brides? I'll have to back track to find her name.... (old age again) I thought we had about 9 - the list seems a little shorter. I know a couple cancelled but it still seems like there should be more.

I didn't know Oliver & Bonnacini had a patio. That one is close for me lol So is Queen and Peter. Definitely somewhere with a backup location in case it rains.....

@Ruzanna  did you add her? Not sure if she confirmed or not....

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#86 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:01 AM

@snswedding2016 I'm good with any O&B restaurant! I've actually been to a few of these other spots. :) I also vote for O&B

Edited by perianjay, 31 July 2015 - 05:01 AM.

My planning thread :

#87 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:24 AM

Hi Ladies!

I know I'm a little late on this, I just saw this post now.  I would LOVE to meet you all as I've been reading a lot of your posts and planning threads.  Is there room for one more?  I know it's really last minute, so I understand if I can't join in.   I work downtown and I live in Mississauga, so getting to downtown Toronto isn't a problem for me.

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#88 pjay

pjay
  • 1,791 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:47 AM

@diadiamond Of course!! The more the merrier! :)

My planning thread :

#89 diadiamond

diadiamond
  • 242 posts
  • Wedding Date:September 24, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Iberostar Varadero
  • LocationToronto

Posted 31 July 2015 - 05:59 AM

Thanks!  So it's August 14 at O&B (Yonge and Front)?  Do we have a time yet?   

event.png

My Planning Thread:

#90 acw271011

acw271011
  • Moderators
  • 3,128 posts
  • LocationToronto Area

Posted 31 July 2015 - 06:03 AM

@diadiamond I agree with @perianjay I can't see any reason why you can't join in. As she said, the more the merrier! I think we're still finalizing the location. @snswedding2016 mentioned some but not sure everyone yet has come back with a "yes". I can see Young & Front being a good central for everyone I think. Just have to see how the responses come along.... there are a couple of ladies that haven't been here much lately, and that's always an issue with people being on summer vacation. Hard to do the total roundup.

Just keep watching the forum and see where we end up.

event.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users