Toronto (Gta) Brides Meet Up?!

Ruzanna

Awesome!  We're all set for Friday, January 29 at 5.30pm for 8 people at Joe Badali's - 156 Front St. West, Toronto, ON M5J 2L6.  The reservation is under my name.

I can't wait to see you all!

Edited by deecol
  • Like 3

Woohoo!! Can't wait to see everyone since I missed the last one! Now to just stay healthy.....

@. Do you have your photos on something that you can bring? Like a tablet or something the way Rebecca did with hers? It would be so awesome too if Steph has some of hers. @@snswedding2016 Anxious to hear how it all went!!

• Like 1

@. We just got ours today!!!!!! We LOVE it!! Made both of us cry! I'm going to try to post it. It's the highlight, so just 4 minutes but Cantarell is awesome!!

• Like 2

Sorry ladies! Yes I am in and my vote (although I am late so feel free to disregard lol) is Joe Badali's because it is SO close to union. I will go train in and that will take me about 40 minutes. My schedule is flexible so I will plan to arrive when the majority is.

@ - perfect! i'll bring the cash :)

---

Apparently I didn't read all the posts. Happy we are going to Badali's - the food is great! Excited :)

Edited by ashhtayy
  • Like 2

Hey ladies. Our video is up on my thread. Would love to know what you think.

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/page-49

I have some news. I went back to work this week! Yay me!!! So I'll be able to be at Joe Badali's by about 5:15. I'm right at Scotia Plaza so it's about a 5 to 10 minute walk, and where I'm working - NO OVERTIME!!!!! Woohoo! it's a temp contract until the end of February but I was told today it may go longer, which is ok by me. Beats EI. But it's only unless or until a permanent position comes up. I'm missing benefits and all the other good stuff but right now I'll take it!!

See you all next Friday!

@@calgarybride2015 @@perianjay @@snswedding2016 @@deecol @@ashhtayy @@diadiamond @@Meandhim @@krystalball @@TinkerSofi @@Wafflesmom  These are the names I thought of.... but there are probably others that could be added? I was thinking of Rebecca but I don't know if she even checks the messages anymore.

I decided to post this here instead of in Perian's thread so that we don't end up hijacking it completely. An idea was thrown out earlier today that was totally goofy.... but a couple of the ladies have already said they would be onboard. So...... I thought hey - why not play around with it a bit and see what shakes out? See what suggestions get thrown out there.

A BDW trip... Away. As a group. Girls only?? Couples?? With enough planning, and far enough in advance it's doable. With all the experience we have with planning, we could absolutely do this!! We know enough travel agents. Have all been enough places. Planned far enough ahead, we do just like a wedding - we put it together as a group trip. We could look at getting a decent rate with enough rooms booked. We all know how good Transat is.... we could ALL book Options Plus!!! Get the onboard bonus.... extra booze!!

So???? Thoughts??

• Like 1

I really do love this idea!! I think it would be so much fun! Maybe couples? I know I've been chatting you all up to Sean that he would love to finally meet you all and plus might be kinda of fun for the husbands to get to know each other! ;)

Now we always know the hardest part is picking the location...haha how do we go about this...all of our favourite places on a roulette wheel??lol!

• Like 2

@@snswedding2016 @@acw271011 I'm definitely in for this. I never say no to travel and especially somewhere tropical. Chester and I would be interested for sure :) we can definitely plan a trip and save until then. I like the idea of looking into a group rate!

I have no real preference for a resort at this point. I'd be happy to go anywhere nice. I'd love to goto a karisma resort or really any other resort. We definitely should include our west. Coast ladies because I'd love for my sister from another mister to join in @@Wafflesmom and of course @@calgarybride2015 and @@yycbride2016 :) and sorry if I missed any others. I just got home from yoga and I'm focused on my aching back at the moment

• Like 2

@snswedding @ I would totally be up for this and I could convince Doug. Tropical? Without question!!!! lol

I'm thinking since so many of us have experience with Mexico that's good... Mexico would be a good choice, unless it's a decision to go somewhere different.

Second thing I'm thinking is that we aim for a winter getaway. That gives all our new brides time to save up. Deposits only type deal and pay it off as you can. If we did it for say a year from now, that gives us ample time to get gritty with the details. What about asking the new TAs here to work it out for us? They're canadian so would know the scoop.

Would anyone else be up for an adults only? Or do you think we could make it as an option or something?

Perian - what in earth did you do to your back???

• Like 1